Observing the current sociocultural & sociopolitical climate in the

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 7 months ago

United States, do you believe that America will eventually become more conservative or liberal socio-culturally & socio-politically?  Conservatives, do you contend that liberalism has gone too far in America & America is suffering educationally, morally, & socioeconomically as a result?  Liberals, do you maintain that America hasn't gone far enough in terms of establishing a society on the basis of educational, class, gender, & socioeconomic equality?

1. rhamson profile image75
      rhamsonposted 7 months ago in reply to this

It is becoming a too volatile political climate to make any predictions on my part. The similarity of the outrage both liberals and conservatives are expressing in this Presidential cycle is refreshing for me to see. Maybe a new revolution is happening and it will bleed into congressional elections as well in the years to come. I know the news media is fighting it all the way. Listening to the debates and then hearing the analysis by the media pundits I wonder sometimes if my ears have deceived me. I would hope that the electorate has a more discerning ear and can root out the spin from the facts. Listening to Hillary and Cruz I feel the establishment characters are still having a hard time bamboozling us.

2. AMFredenburg profile image80
      AMFredenburgposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Yes, we need a new paradigm - what we're doing isn't working on any level. I wish we could go back to the Golden Rule and start by treating each other with dignity and respect.