jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)

Do You Care That Donald Trump Used Illegal Immigrants?

1. Sychophantastic profile image83
    Sychophantasticposted 3 months ago

Donald Trump's modelling agency encouraged its models to violate immigration rules. In other words, it would appear that the use of illegal immigrants was a good thing when it was useful. If you support Donald Trump, does this bother you in any way?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 … mmigration

1. ahorseback profile image47
      ahorsebackposted 3 months ago in reply to this

And this  is brought to light by Mother Jones ?

Right !

Sychophantasticposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Indeed. An organization that does actual research and journalism. Go figure!

Coming from somebody who believes Breitbart, you've given them a high compliment.

2. Sychophantastic profile image83

Oh look, and here's an actual one of those models verifying she worked without a visa.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016 … newday.cnn

3. Sychophantastic profile image83

And what's your answer anyway? You don't care or you don't think it's true?

4. GA Anderson profile image86
        GA Andersonposted 3 months ago in reply to this

But, but, but... Infowars confirmed it!

GA

2. Live to Learn profile image82
    Live to Learnposted 3 months ago

Reading through the article it appears that was the industry standard. Is it right? No. Is his stand on immigration now hypocritical? No more so than it was before.

1. GA Anderson profile image86
      GA Andersonposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Damn, I really don't like to sound like a member of the choir, I would rather argue, but... I think you nailed it!

GA

3. IslandBites profile image83
    IslandBitesposted 3 months ago

Illegal Polish workers (Trump Tower), Illegal latino construction workers (Trump's luxury hotel in DC), illegal models...

"He's not a politician", they say... lol

1. Live to Learn profile image82
      Live to Learnposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Are you saying all politicians hire illegal aliens?

1. IslandBites profile image83
        IslandBitesposted 3 months ago in reply to this

No. I'm saying he's a hypocrite and a liar. smile

So, was that your point? That all politicians are hypocrites and liars?

4. PhoenixV profile image79
    PhoenixVposted 3 months ago

One of the illegal immigrants, uhm I mean, one of the undocumented model/cover girls from Canada, said the place she had to stay at while in NYC was like a "sweatshop". It is stories like this, that test my faith in humanity.

It was her desire for fame and fortune that put her there and kept her there. I think she doesn't quite understand what a sweat shop is. I doubt changing clothes and pouting at a camera qualifies.

1. PhoenixV profile image79
        PhoenixVposted 3 months ago in reply to this

But CNN quoted her as it being a sweatshop. CNN...
        C. N. N.  Being in a sweatshop is one thing but can you imagine suffering through that in high heels and those great big wings on your back?

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 months ago

If he was running for President with a campaign of: "I will follow whatever bullshit is common in this arena" it would not be hypocritical.

But wait, he's doing the exact opposite of that.

6. ahorseback profile image47
    ahorsebackposted 3 months ago

Mexican Pres.  " Mexico will not pay for that wall "!    Guess what ?    If we give Mexico 50 million dollars a year in foreign aid  for at least the last five years  ;    and we build a wall to keep out Mexico's foreign aid that they send to us in the form of illegals undesirables ................................ You don't get our 50 Million a year there Mr. Mexico ! 

Hence - you'll pay for the wall in about five more years  !

Wow! Stupid logic and stupid math all at once.

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 3 months ago in reply to this

What makes it stupid math?  The figures do seem low (we gave $209,432,920 in 2012), but what makes it stupid?

http://us-foreign-aid.insidegov.com/q/1 … -to-Mexico

I saw a figure of $50 million for 2013. Anyway, the idea that we'll just cut off all their foreign aid is preposterous. Not going to happen. And the assumption that the wall will only cost $250 million is ridiculous as well. Remember, the wall has to be high enough to keep people out and it's also going to have lots of cool gadgets to keep people from tunneling under it as well. And it'll be 2,000 miles long. That's in the billions.

I also hear 31% of Trump supporters want a wall along the Atlantic to keep the Muslims out. No joke.

"Stupid" seems to cover it pretty well, particularly given the wall will never be built and never work even if it is built.

Here's that link for you on the Atlantic wall. To be fair, 52% of Trump supporters oppose it.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/ … _83016.pdf

The mass stupidity of Trump supporters:

http://stupidpartymathvmyth.com/1/post/ … mbers.html

working