reckless incompetence (again)

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)
  1. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

“In their haste to pretend like they care about victims of immigrant crimes, the Trump administration released personally identifiable information regarding vulnerable children at risk of human trafficking and other crimes,” - http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-chi … story.html

By late Wednesday evening, the department had fixed the problem. But concerns remained about the amount of private information still easily available to the public, including potential asylum applicants whose identities are supposed to be confidential under DHS policy. - http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-chi … story.html

Neurologists at Johns Hopkins University confirmed Monday they remain completely baffled by the 45th President Donald Trump, a man who possesses an extraordinary and previously undocumented ability to f ° ck everything up. Our theory is that Donald approaches f ° cking up unconsciously, his mind automatically creating a fractal model of screwing the pooch that is not unlike the infinite images contained within facing mirrors, according to Dr. William Moore.  ... Where this one man's massive clusterf ° cks originate is still a mystery, but scientists have hypothesized that each individual f ° ckup may compound itself exponentially, expanding in every conceivable direction until a given situation is no longer salvageable. Moore said this phenomenon is most evident when Trump interacts with women, his intricate and novel behavioral patterns simultaneously evoking rage, confusion, revulsion, and indignation. - http://www.theonion.com/article/scienti … to-f-19422

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/4120ZNcdlrL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 6 years ago

At least he is attempting to TACKLE this horrendous (understatement) problem!

"The searchable database is the latest effort by the Trump administration to spotlight crimes committed by immigrants who are in the country illegally. It was launched under a high-profile rollout of the Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement Office, or VOICE, that is intended to help what administration officials have described as forgotten victims.

The web site, known as DHS-VINE , is supposed to list everyone currently in federal immigration custody. It allows users to search with as few as three letters of a last name and a first initial, along with country of birth or date of birth. A search by the Los Angeles Times under “A” for first name, “Mar” for last name and Guatemala as country of origin pulled up 50 matches.

The matches reveal the detention facility the immigrant is housed in, custody status, age, country of birth, date of birth, race, gender and aliases. There doesn’t appear to be any way to distinguish between someone who may have perpetrated a crime beyond being in the country illegally."
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-chi … story.html

ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Malevolence Tempered by Incompetence = ?good try?

2. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What they are doing with these policies is marginalizing a group of people who are already marginalized. Are you aware that fewer undocumented women are reporting crimes like rape, for fear that they will be deported, according to the LAPD(1). This is what happens when you increasingly involve law enforcement with immigration. May as well pin a label on those women that says "feel free to abuse me".

(1) http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m … story.html

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No, what they are doing with these policies is point out that illegal entry and residence in the country is not roses.  That action MUST be taken to enforce our laws.

Personally, I would absolutely LOVE to see congress finally tackle the problem and provide a solution.  One that is more than simple amnesty; that tactic was tried and we now have the result to live through.

Hey we agree - I would also LOVE to see that lazy good for nothing Congress that's keeps getting re-elected to finally do the job that they were hired for.

I was hoping that Trump would 'fire' them by withholding pay and perks until they do the primary job of Congress which is passing a yearly budget. (not just for one week) .... ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

We are still in sequestration!

And Trump's  give away to the super rich labeled as "Tax Reform" doublespeak  will  add $2 Trillion to the Debt  - - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-2 … extra-debt

Some others says will add $5.5 T to the national debt - http://time.com/4758411/donald-trump-ta … debt-cost/

http://i.imgur.com/I8QrJMb.png

3. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The "horrendous problem" of a section of society that commits significantly less crime than native born citizens? And I mean per capita, not just in total.

It is against the law to drive without a license.  Or without insurance.  It is against the law to work without a SS #, and it is against the law to either prove a fake one or to steal one.  It is against the law to be in this country without permission, or to cross the border without permission. 

In other words, 100% of illegal aliens are violating the law, and usually more than one of them, everyday they are here.

:S
          woah, I thought that were lazy good for nothings hanging out all day on the sidewalk with no job, no car, sucking up all the good air and taking up space. (snark)
          :S

Besides, 100% would include babies and children - but I'm sure you would want to lock them up or return refugees back to a the country taken over by drug warlords & political corruption. Awesome generosity by a comfortable American with no worries.

If they are here illegally then yes, send them home.  Old, young, women and men - send them home if here illegally. 

Might make an exception for young children here that have no family, though.  Other than that, if you want to see generosity by a comfortable American, given them your home and belongings.

weaponized moron trafficking in weapons-grade stupidity

Thank you - as usual, name calling says it all.

Sad to think people actually think that way. Your not trolling -  you really believe this stuff, and there are millions of people who agree with you. Sorry  I hurt your feelings. I snapped that a person could be so cruel with such lack of caring for other human beings.

Some examples of repulsive beliefs - that  I'm not accusing you of having personally.I just finished reading the comment section of the Sacramento Bee, and I'm glad I don't live in Sacramento.

It seems like minorities, gays and other groups don't want equal rights, they want special rights just for them.

Productivity is greatest when the boss gives the orders and the rest follow instructions.

Households tend to run the smoothest if the father guides the family in most decisions

The true American way of life is disappearing so fast that force may be necessary to preserve it

The people from Mexico who have recently come to the U.S. have mainly brought problems and trouble with them.

Foreigners coming into our country often take jobs away from citizens and/or end up taking welfare benefits.

The first 3 are obviously (to me) false.  The last three have more truth than falsehood.  We can discuss this if you wish, and can remain civil.

May I add some?

All possessions, particularly money, belong to the government.  Private ownership is denied.

The people of the US are responsible for the well being, safety and government of all people worldwide.

Government is responsible for providing all the needs of all citizens, to be accomplished via the "Robin Hood" method of wealth equalization through confiscation of personal property.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, the first sentence of the Times article said it all: "This will be another try at Bashing Trump, and nothing said herein can thus be believed."

The scholarly dissertation from the Onion, on the other hand, is quite funny - thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)