My Criticism of the Trump administration

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (107 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 6 years ago

As most of you know, I support many of Trump’s initiatives and I defend him here on hubpages when he is unfairly criticized by the media and others.
    You may also know I did not vote for Trump or Hillary in the 2016 election.
    Now, after over one year in office, and the signing of the latest Omnibus spending bill, I am setting the record straight and issuing my criticism...
    This criticism is aimed both at Trump, his administration and at GOP majority of Congress.
    1. Failure to repeal and replace the ACA as promised.
    2. Failure to rebuild our infrastructure...one of the promises of Trump.
    3. Failure to cut spending and waste...
    4. Failure to defund Planned Parenthood. In fact, it is given 500 million dollars in this new spending bill.
    5. Failure to build the wall to stop illegal crossings.
    6. Failure to drain the swamp in DC.
    7. Failure to propose term limits for Congressmen and Senators, another of his promise.
    8. Failure to end the Iran nuclear deal, even though he said it is the worst deal when running.
    9. Failure to follow through and stop violence in inner cities like Chicago.
    10. Failure to propose a balanced budget amendment.

As a conservative, I am consistent. I will hold people in power accountable. Whether they are Republican or Democrat. I will also defend our Constitution, as all elected officials suppose to do.
    I will work to implement policies and elect people to office who are in agreement with conservative principles.
    I am deeply disappointed in President Trump.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts on your points:
      1) There is tremendous pressure on both D's and R's to keep major portions of the ACA.  And the worst of it - the requirement for people to buy and pay for something they don't want - WAS repealed.
      2) Given that any real infrastructure work must be budgeted, that we are operating under Obama's budget, and that any major work requires years of planning and fighting the environmentalists, this is not surprising.
      3) But there HAS been some work done here.  We'll never get it all, but he has started the process in dumping unnecessary regulations and rules.
      4) Not a problem.  Far too many women depend on PP for their needs.
      5) Again, it will take a long time to budget, plan and build any wall.  Efforts have started with considerations and planning into just what kind of "wall" is best.
      6) Trump will not drain the swamp in 8 years.  Nor any president.  But I believe the process has started and, with the efforts of the people, may continue.
      7) I'd surely like to see this.  Isn't going to happen without a constitutional amendment by the people, not congress, for congress will never vote to limit their jobs.
      8) No comment - ignorant of the topic.
      9) You're asking for a miracle, and a miracle against every effort of local and national political entities.
      10) Like to see that one, too, and disappointed it hasn't happened. 

Bottom line - he has had successes, he has had failures.  He has had unexpected problems develop (N Korea, for instance) that have required work and time and has had massive opposition from both parties, the media and a large percentage of the people.  Overall, I'm fairly pleased with what is being done even though there are some fairly big disappointments (the current spending bill, for example).

jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I uderstand...but he was supposedly elected to be the popularist. He was outside of Washington. He was the great deal maker... he was the reformer. He was to shake things up and not be a party animal.
        He allowed the same people McConnell and Ryan to run things, business as usual.
        Worse, he worked with Pelosi ans Schumer. What is the point of winning elections?
        It was Obama who said elections have consequences...apparently that only applies when Democrats win.
        Look, I believe he is a good man with good intentions. However, when you are dealing with a hostile press, who is willing to lie, a deep state who is leaking like a sieve, and a party who is looking out for special interests, it will take more than skill and good looks...
        He needs to get serious and shut the government down if necessary to stop this nonsense.
        We don’t need to spend all this money at the federal level. It is causing more harm than good.
        He just need to get the basics done like national defense and border security and leave most of the others to the States.
        If not, he will be a one term president. That is my prediction.

The point of winning an election is not to shut out any opposition and refuse any compromise.  That means working with, not forever against, the opposition.  IMO.

According to what I caught, a big national defense expenditure is why he signed the spending bill.  Can't have it both ways!

Well, it seems when democrats are in majority, they had no problem passing the ACA without any compromise...
            Why does the GOP have to compromise? Could it be they are one and the same. They put up a good show at election time and then govern like democrats and soebd our money like water... they are worse in my opinion. At least the democrats are honest about it.

If I was to advise Trump,  I would tell him he needs to learn from the Godfather. He needs to take them to the mattresses... he needs to investigate family members of these congressional leaders and then sit them down, either they resign or be exposed for the corruption that is rampant. The dishonest media, he needs to get the FCC to impose huge fines everytime they make a false report...
              The sex scandals in congress and hush funds, I want him to reveal the names and have them pay back every dime.
              The FBI and other leakers, I would indict them and make an example of those we leak for political purposes.
              To cut spending, I would audit all the agencies and find out where the money is being spent...

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
                Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Jacklee for POTUS in 2020!  tongue

Unfortunately, I am not eligible...I am not a natural born citizen. Haha...

2. Valeant profile image81
    Valeantposted 6 years ago

Cambridge Analytics coined the anti-establishment terms 'deep state' and 'drain the swamp' to brainwash people into railing against what was the current government.  Those rallying cries were formed directly with Steve Bannon to have people fall in line with Trump as an outsider candidate.

Bad news, there is no deep state.  It's a made up moniker and fake conspiracy theory created by a group hired to win elections.  A group that illegally used hacked data from Facebook users to target unsuspecting dupes into voting for an inexperienced, unintelligent, and ineffective politician.

That being said, many people were, and still are, unhappy with the corruption in government and the stagnation of the process in making improvements to the country.  People wanted a change, so it's understandable why they would have voted for Trump.  Both candidates have honesty and corruption issues, so can't really fault you all for wanting to try something new.

Cambridge analytics is no different than what Obama did to get elected in 2008. they bragged about how they used social media to gain votes...

There is a deep state operating now. It started with Obama politicizing some of our agencies such as the IRS and the FBI and the DOJ and the NSA as the Snowden leaks exposed the corruption and spying that goes on including spying on our congressmen and Senators.
      You might not think this is real but it has a chilling effect. Why do you suppose few people become whistleblowers? 

In Washinton DC, there are an elite class and they transcent parties. They are democrats and republicans. They are funded by the lobbists and a donor class such as Soros and Google, and Apples and Amazon...
      The elected officials are doing the bidding of those people against the wishes of the American voter. Illegal immigration is a prime example.

The deep state consists of insiders who work in all levels of govenrment and regardless who is voted into power, they pull the strings.

The "Deep State" theory is a product of Bannon and expanded on by Faux News, Jack. That's where you get your "facts" about Obama's holdovers comprising the secret society, Right? roll

As long as you continue believing everything Hannity and Limbaugh spew as "Knowledgeable opinions," you'll continue to fall for these fake conspiracies. You need to wean yourself off of those guys and look at other outlets for your news.

Randy, the deep state is not a conspiracy or organized entity. It is a term made up to describe the current state of affairs in DC. It used to be most agencies of the government were populated with average americans with various political leanings...and admiistration would come and go but have no influence on the IRS or the FBI...
          What changed in recent years is some of these positions are filled with people with a political agenda. They use their influence and knowledge of inside information to help or hurt a current administration.
          Why do you suppose Obama decided to stay in DC instead of going home to Chicago?

Obama decided to stay in DC because his daughters wanted to finish school with their friends. Big deal!

I don't know - it certainly seemed to be a big deal when Trump's son stayed in his school?  Did our notions of what is a big deal change or our notion of where kids should attend school?

Didn't he want to stay in school in NY, thereby requiring the first lady to reside there and not in the WH? Apples and oranges...

What harm is Obama doing by staying in DC? It's not like he couldn't run the bogus Deep State without being there, or is it?

2. jackclee lm profile image80

I got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn...

3. jackclee lm profile image80

Randy,
              Here are a few example of deep state...
              1. Some detail information in the White house are leaked to the media...
              2. FBI agent Strzok texting his hatred of Trump and plot to remove him...while exonerating Hillary of any wrong doing with email scandal.
              3. The DOJ pick and choose who to investigate and using arm twisting tactics to get people close to Trump to flip...
              4. James Comey leaking to the NYT so that a special prosecutor would be appointed...
              5. FBI McCabe lying to Congress...in use of the FISA court.

There are many more...

Your list comes straight from Limbaugh and Hannity talking points, Jack. They are both paid shills and are anything but real journalists. roll

They are not made up...
                  You can do independent research.
                  Just because Rush Limbaugh report on it and talks about it on his radio show does not makes it false...
                  You need to open your eyes and ears and question the news source you are fed...
                  There are real evidence and not heresay about the people I cited and much more...
                  Susan Rice, Samantha Powers, Clapper, Ben Rhodes, and Brennan...
                  These people have committed crimes and allowed to skate and even rewarded under Obama.

I wrote an article about Rush Limbaugh and I stand by my story. It is absolutely true...

3. profile image0
    Timothy Andersonposted 6 years ago

I agree with you Jack.  I came to realize long ago that BOTH parties are controlled by the One-Percenters.  Obama... Bush... Clinton.... all puppet presidents.  Trump is the FIRST non-puppet president we've had in a long time, which is why the One-Percenter controlled major news outlets are blasting Trump.  If you don't believe me, Google "The Bohemian Grove," or "Skull Island, Georgia."  We've been getting screwed for a long, long time.  I salute you Jack!

Thanks...
      While we are at it, I would recommend Trump fix the DACA situation and take this issue away from Democrats.
      They should pass a DACA amnesty bill along with a voter ID law and a requirement to use the next census to poll how many citizens there are in our country and how many undocumented aliens?

These are tied to our future government and our country needs to get a handle on these issues instead of kicking it down the road.
      1. The dreamers are a part of our country and will never leave, we need to give them a path to citizenship so they will be out of the shadows. It is the right thing to do.
      2. We need a voter id law so that we stop any chance of non citizens voting and affecting our elections.
      This is part of our Constitution and our country is ruled by the people with consent to be governed. Citizenship is part of our country’s identity. There should be a “value” associated with being a citizen, such as the right to vote...
      3. We need to know exactly how many citizens and undocumented are here in our country. The census is a great method to determine this. It is also used to draw up election districts based on population. The founders came up with this method to make our democracy fair and be ruled by the people based on population. That is why we are a republic. Look it up and see what is the difference. We are a representative republic where the congress and senators are elected to represent us the people and not the special interests group.

You have to know that Trump can't "fix the DACA situation"; you even say that "they" should pass laws, which Trump can't do.

Trump tried to force the issue, and liberal courts declared that he is not allowed to follow law; that he must follow the illegal edicts of Obama when he decided to ignore the law and do as he thought right.  Trump isn't the hold-up - congress is, and as a group they've pretty much decided that they will allow it to continue as is with millions of DACA people forever denied citizenship but allowed to continue to live here.  Congress likes having second class "citizens" around.

I know Trump can’t pass laws but he can twist arms especially when his party has control of both houses of Congress. If he can’t do it now, then he will never be able to do anything worthwhile...election have consequences. It is his leadership that is needed to get McConnell and Ryan in line. It will also put Pelosi and Schumer on the defensive. They are cheering their wins with the budget...let them cheer the DACA passage...haha

*shrug*  Seems to me he tried, and tried hard with twisting arms.  And the R's, as a group, were no more interested than the D's.  As usual it was "I get the totality of what I want or it will be nothing".

Did Reagan get all he wanted? He bargained with Tip O’Neil if I recalled and he went to the American people directly in his numerous speeches...
              He also stood his ground when it come to important things like calling the Soviet Empire Evil...and call for the tearing down of the Iron curtain... and call for building the Star war defense missile system...

4. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 6 years ago

Here is actual story...
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 … l-foray-s/

Not reported by Fox news...

He realized his legacy is being undone by the Trump administration day by day...
      That is what happens when you use executive actions to rule. It can be repealed with the stroke of a pen... the one law ACA not so easy. It will collapse on its own because it is unsustainable.

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
        JAKE Earthshineposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Correct, and when Mr. Trump is removed soon for his atrocious crimes, all of his unlawful, recklessly insane anti-American pro-Russian actions will be undone once again with a stroke of the righteous pen.

ACA Obamacare is not and will not collapse even though Mr. Trump is maniacally doing his best to undermine and destroy our healthcare system despite the devastating consequences, all this to simply satisfy his sick ego and appease a few nut jobs in rural america who could care less about anything.

Approximately 6.4 million Americans signed up for the ACA in 2017, no signs of collapse but certainly signs of a powerful anti-Trump RESISTANCE which will win in the end.

The ACA is not funded properly. I wish you read the bill, that 2000 plus pages monstrosity. It was put in play over a 10 year period and various parts phased in over the10 years...
          The bottom line is part of it was subsidized by the federal government in the early years and will expire. It was expected the States would pick it up... How many States have a surplus and can afford this huge increase?
          The bill was designed and expected to fail. That is when they switch to the single payer system. The ACA was a temporary gap measure.
          The politicians can claim, we tried and it didn’t work out, so now the government must take it over lock stock and barrel, as Obama wanted in the first place.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

The article doesn't say Obama wanted to stay in DC to run the Deep State, Jack. What was the point you got from the link?

No one is running the deep state. It is not a conspiracy. It is just like minded people getting their way using power and influence at their disposal. Do you understanf the difference?
        Obama is staying in DC and helping Eric Holder, remember him? He was the partisan attorney general in his first term. He was cited for contempt by Congress...
        He will probably fund raise for democrats in the next election...

5. Misfit Chick profile image74
    Misfit Chickposted 6 years ago

Jack, the deep state doesn't make themselves nearly as obvious as you would like to make them out to be. Absolutely NONE of those things is an indication of anything other than partisan poloticians or whomever screwing up. The deep state doesn't make mistakes; and when they do, someone - or a few someones - dies for it, and the mistake is corrected or rerouted as quickly & quietly as possible. Again, there is only one party that is ever in office - the uniparty. Wake up, already.

6. Valeant profile image81

That list of deep state examples was comical.  Thanks for the laugh.

Laugh all you want, it is our country and I expected some level of professionalism...

You're not gonna get any sort of professional opinion from Fox News, only speculation with no facts to support their wild theories, Jack. Hannity is an ex carpenter who got his job after he fell off a roof he was working on. Yes, a great background for journalistic endeavors....    roll

The professionalism I expected is from the FBI, the CIA, the DOJ and the NSA...these career civil servants had been politicized by the previous administration with the shameless support of the main street media (not Fox News). You haved been lied to and the bias and double standards are glaring. If you don’t see it, it is perhaps you choose to be blind. Sorry to be so blunt.

I appreciate bluntness, Jack. Where did you find these "facts" other than from Fox?

They are in their own words and testimony...and in private text messages made public...
              Where have you been? Chasing after the made up Russian collusion?
              You just proved my point. You have been lied to and you don’t seem to care...
              Go do your own research.
              I suggest you start from scratch. Forget everything you’ve been told and go read up first hand evidence.
              Then come back here to defend yourself or prove me wrong.

7. Valeant profile image81

Prove you wrong.  Ok.  Who is leaking to the press?  You make a claim that it is the 'deep state.'  Where is your evidence?  Seems rather unfounded.  If we're throwing out unfounded claims, I'll make the case that it's people in the Trump administration being paid to leak since he's all about the economy and making a buck at any cost.  Seems just as likely.

Jim Comey testified that he leaked through a friend at Columbia U. to the New York Times...
      I did not make that up not did Fox News...
      I consider him part of the deep state that is out to destroy Trump.

No, you're simply angry Comey had Trump's number and would not be silenced. We'll find out soon as Mueller finishes his investigation. He's a straight shooter who will not be disturbed by any of Trump's lies and will get him in the end.

Who said he is a straight shooter?
          Who said back in 2016 that Comey was a straight shooter and would do the right thing on the Hillary email investigation...?
          Now we know it was a setup from the get go...
          They already exonerated her without interviewing her. A memo was written before her interview.

The answer is...wait for it... the main street media. The same people that lied about Trump.

Do you mean to say the "Mainstream Media"? If not, explain who comprises the main street media? hmm

Thanks for the correction. I do mean the main stream media of the New York Times, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and MSNBC...I also include PBS, NPR and public radio.

No Problem Jack, I'd already assumed you meant all of the honest media sources and not Fox News. tongue

Honest in what way? Is this why they have one of the lowest approval ratings?  like Congress, and car saleman and Harvey Weinstein.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Everyone's more honest than your boy Donnie, Jack. I believe you'll find you're defending a traitor to the US when Mueller finishes his job, unless of course the Liar-In-Chief gets too scared and fires him. lol

8. Valeant profile image81

Jim Comey saw enough evidence to open an investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.  Trump admitted to firing him because of that investigation on national television, although I'm certain his supporters will deny he said any such thing. 

Comey released his personal memos of their conversations to keep that investigation going to get to the truth of what happened.  If you consider that 'deep state,' then you're seriously disillusioned.

In legal terms, what you've described Valeant is called one count of obstruction of justice and abuse of power. The only question remaining which pertains to this specific incident of shockingly blatant presidential malfeasance, is whether or not Mr. Trump gets away with it.

You guys are something. Here is one forum where I criticized the Trump administration for signing a bad budget and you guys turned it into a Trump bashing and I have to defend him against unfair charges...

How on Earth is Spanky Trump's televised confession to Lester Holt pertaining to his obstruction of justice unfair charges? How could a normal, mentally sound individual possibly fire an FBI employee despite the circumstances, just hours before his full pension kicks in like dunce Trump viciously did apparently without hesitation?

Mr. Trump is cavorting with Satan and charlatans like Jerry Falwell Junior and his flock are dancing to the very same tune. Both will be holding hands as they burn in an eternity of agony

He is a leaker and a liar. He was fired and probably should be charged with crime. He over stepped his authority, abused the office of the FBI and try to take down a duly elected President. That is border on treason. He is lucky he was not criminally charged.

Pertaining to FBI agent McCabe, There was no treason but if there was cause then fire him, but not hours before his full pension becomes effective like psychopathic Adolf Hitler would do in 1930's Germany.

If anyone deserves to be charged with treason it's the anti-American pro-Russian orange stooge sitting in our oval office who in broad daylight, congratulated our arch enemy Vladimir Putin shortly after his hostile operatives penetrated our power grid and water supply. Comforting an enemy while at war as Trump did in the past and continues to do with regard to his master Vladimir Putin, is the very definition of treason and special prosecutor Mueller has no choice but to investigate this latest atrocious act.

How many more times does Trump and his family need to undermine and sabotage the United States of America, our FBI, our CIA, our Military, our Military POWs, our Institutions before you finally realize the obvious about who he truly is?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13972884_f1024.jpg

Sure, you are the smart one. TDS has clouded your judgement. There is no Russian collusion. Comey and McCabe both deserved to be fired. Obama corrupted them beyond repair. Everyone including many democrats were calling for Comey’s firing until he turned against Trump.
                If anyone that should be charged and investigated, it is Hillary Clinton. She was the crown jewel of the Democrats and after she lost, all hell broke loose. All these stuff was suppose to be buried and not see the light of day...until Trump. Now, let the sun shine in...we have a corrupt deep state working against Trump. That includes some GOP willing partners. There are all part of the swamp and if you think they are going away quietly, you are naive. These people are hunger for power and no one will get in their way. They are also backed up by $$$ from the super elite working to undermine the wishes of the American people.

9. Valeant profile image81

Precisely.

No, here is what one former FBI deputy director said...
      http://dcwhispers.com/former-fbi-direct … LuWvuYP.97

10. Valeant profile image81

Not so much bashing Trump as calling out your fabricated 'deep state' conspiracy theory.  When your only evidence of a leak is a guy releasing his own personal memos to help the country gain added election security from a hostile foreign government, we will be in disagreement about the existence of such a group.

11. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

By the way, Donnie has a new nickname around DC since the Stormy Daniels interview. How does President "Spanky" strike you?  lol

12. profile image0
    Timothy Andersonposted 6 years ago

Jack, nowadays anyone who says anything nice about Trump or criticizes Obama or Hillary is attacked and called names.  When I post my thoughts, it's more to let others know they're not alone in their support for Trump, and less to try to convince someone to change their mind about him.  Trump donates his presidential salary to charity, whereas Hillary created her phony Clinton Foundation to avoid paying taxes.  Trump's approval ratings, according to Yahoo News, just went up this week.  I simple want you to know you are not alone in respecting what Trump is trying to do.

I'm not sure if anyone can provide proof that Mr. Trump donates his salary, he's a proven pathological liar so concrete evidence is necessary and if proof can indeed be provided, perhaps he donates it out of guilt considering all the public evidence and testimony says Trump University bilked millions out of our senior citizens. He was forced to pay millions in legal settlements prior to trial.

That's just one example of his incredibly filthy past.

But instead of just denying that he did it, the evidence is unambiguous and can be found with a simple google search, why not comment on how that affects your opinion of him if it does at all?

13. Valeant profile image81

Jack - Obama did add to the debt, but about 1.4 Trillion of that was prior to his budgeting.  Most of his deficits were closer to 600-700 billion, while Trump is slated for a 1.2 Trillion in year one.  So tell us which number is worse.

I go by the cumulative debt. When Obama took office, our cumulative debet was about 10 trillion and when he left it was 20 trillion. In the first year of Trump, the debt has risen to 21 trillion.
      You can do the simple math...

14. Valeant profile image81

Yeah, now let's take into account the figures from the end of Bush's budget which make that figure 11.657 Trillion on his plate.  Then all of Obama's budget deficits, which total 8.588 Trillion.  Figures from Trump spending and tax cuts put his four year estimate at 8.282 Trillion in his first term, or nearly the same amount Obama had in his two terms.  So if you're comparing figures, I know which one is best of this group, not that any are good and thank you GOP for sequesters during Obama's terms.

Anyway you slice it, Obama was a big spender and he taxed even more. At a time when the country had record revenue, he spend even more...that according to his own quote years earlier... “ was irresponsible, unpatriotic, like take a credit from the bank of China...” do you remember that?
      Trump is runing up a debt but he is also cutting taxes...it is still early in his administration and I will withhold judgement till his end. So far, it is not looking too good...and the Congress is not helping...they passed the omnibus bill, all 2000 pages...sad

Trump is indeed recklessly running up debt and recklessly cutting taxes on Wall Street which is unnecessary and of course a recipe for disaster. When Dems have leverage in congress, they absolutely need to force conservatives into repealing the grotesque corporate tax cut welfare scheme while maintaining middle class cuts before it's too late.

You are missing the ball.
          The problem with Washington is spending not taxes...
          We have plenty of money in the treasury to do what is needed and necessary.
          It is the extras that are raising the debt unnecessarily.

How much tax do you think is fair to run our government?
          I am serious. What percent of a person’s income should go to paying federal, state and local taxes?
          If you can answer that truthfully, you can see why conservatively want to follow our Constitution and insist on a limitted governments.

Jake, you are a smart individual. Just because the federal government doesn’t provide a service that you think is necessary does not mean it won’t get done. The private sector and charities do a lot to fill this gap. In the old days when there was no social entitlements, churches and other charities that are privately funded, provided many of these needed services. They do it more efficiently and cheaper because their heart is in the right place. Unlike our current bureacracy, such as the VA, which is a total disaster and treating our wounded veterans like animals.

Reasonably smart. Privatization means a profit must be made by corrupt Wall Street and or Wall Street types. It means shareholders and or the interests of owners would take precedence over yours and your childrens health, your mail delivery etc. A sleazy greedy Wall Street CEO will make the decisions pertaining to your healthcare or lack thereof

This chaotic,utterly incompetent impotent, anti-American Trump administration is already a bloody disaster, privatization is just another conservative / Spanky Trump scam to transfer even more of our money to the ultra wealthy like the despicable Koch brothers.

Spanky's Russian criminal investigation counsel John Dowd jumped ship a few days ago, maybe it has something to do with the reports that he floated pardons to Flynn and Manifort which would equate to another count of obstruction of justice, don't be surprised if he flees the country and don't be surprised if the Trump family follows suit.

Jake, you have little understanding of capitalism and how it works. Perhaps you should start by watching Mary Poppins, the musical. There is a song in there that explain banking...

Not all corporations are evil and greedy out to screw everybody...
                I know because I worked for 28 years for IBM and they have a corporate contribution department that donate millions around the world each year. I am pretty sure other corporations have similar entities.
                Besides, I was referring more to charities, such as the Red Cross or Catholic Charities who does a lot to help the poor...

1. profile image0
                  promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You have a habit of insulting people who refuse to think your way. Nothing in Jake's comment above was a personal attack on you, but you feel the need to mock him.

Some people that love the inflammatory talk on Fox News and Rush Limbaugh don't much respect for civility and tolerance.

I am not mocking him but trying to inform. I found many young people today are not taught the basics of American history, American civics and what drives our economic engine? There is a very good reason  we are the powerhouse in economics and in industrial and in military technologies...
                    These youth are being beainwashed by liberal professors who never got a decent job in their life and wants to teach others how the society works.

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image68

Thanks promisem. Conservatives around here seem to be a little jittery and on edge, perhaps the primary reason for the trauma is that their charlatan false prophet Mr. Trump and his family are heading straight to prison or worse very soon, if of course they fail to get  away with it or successfully flee to Russia before indicted, if Vladimir Putin takes them that is.

It's shocking that this elderly con man porn lover is STILL in the oval office. Unreal.

If Jackclee did work for IBM, he should understand that this particular company is publicly traded on the DJIA, which means shareholders own the enterprise by holding common and or preferred stock and they in turn elect officers to operate the company and of course their number one objective is to maintain the stock price to keep investors satisfied so a mass sell off does not occur. If officers fail with that obligation, shareholders vote them out, it's that simple.

Officers of IBM have an obligation to shareholders who elected them, not necessarily consumers which is why privatization of healthcare and other services is an utterly absurd and destructively catastrophic notion but of course Mr. Trump,  psychopath and his conservatives like con man Paul Ryan who will be imprisoned soon as well for his complicity, could care less about yours or your chlldren's healthcare as long as Wall Street and the Koch brothers get their trillions.

Corporations NOT greedy or corrupt? Then why does IBM and Apple hoard billions of our money and all corporations combined illegally hold almost 3 TRILLION of our assets in offshore accounts? Answer? Because it's all about the almighty buck, tax evasion and GREED plain and simple so yes, most corporations are pretty evil.

Everyone might want to read this :

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/29/politics … index.html

3. JAKE Earthshine profile image68

Thanks for the support promisem, another Hubpages member is following me around as well asking irrelevant questions. Is freedom of speech allowed around here or not? Is this the way new members like me are typically treated here? Not good if it is.

Tell you the truth, after only a few short weeks here, I'm seriously considering leaving if they don't mind their own business and let me interact with other members.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)