jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Obama's science czar John Holden has bizarre views on...

1. SparklingJewel profile image69
    SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago

population control...that illegitimate children should be taken from their mothers by the government...

among other anti-life persepctives...

just one of the many un-vetted members of this administration...

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.vi … eId=111475

what say you ...???

1. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I kind of get the gist to mean in a global crisis would have to take place for the government to consider this drastic a policy.  Seems to be at the other end of a spectrum that we do not face now.  If you argue that this is not acceptable under any circumstances I guess you cannot look outside of the current condition.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe it is policy, I believe that is his personal belief...

1. jiberish profile image80
          jiberishposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't you think his personal belief will in some way contribute to Obama's agenda, since he was hand picked to advise on some issues?

2. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i'm ashamed to say that i have no idea what a "Science Czar" does.

p.s. his views are definitely out there. not to worry though, this is America and America will not stand for the Government taking people's children away from them or forcing women to have abortions and whatnot.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Does it relate to his job in any way?

And I do think it is a ridiculous thing for him to say.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I don't believe everyone who works for Obama must believe exactly as he believes. I'm sure you could find just as many whacky beliefs in those who worked for Bush and other presidents. I doubt he will be asked to advise on illegitimate children...

1. 60
      C.J. Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, maybe he won’t be asked to advice on illegitimate children specifically. Is that to say that he will not be asked to advice on how to reduce health care cost? I think we have a pretty good idea on what type of advice he might give on that subject. 
      The point is that a person’s core belief system affects every thing they encounter.  Your beliefs don't exist in a vacuum.  What’s in your core really doesn't change much. Opinions may change about a lot of trivial things, but those beliefs on issues that define you are normally firmly entrenched. To make radical statements and later simply say you misunderstood me or I've changed my mind, with out adequate explanation is not ok.  When someone’s beliefs change radically it’s because of some radical/traumatic event. It can be good or it can be bad. But it takes a major event to cause a major change. 

Radicals on either side of the Political Spectrum are dangerous in my opinion.