Are You Human Guinea Pigs?

1. Irishmanwalking profile image57
    Irishmanwalkingposted 14 years ago

We hear so much about how our lives being extended because of modern prescription drugs. Have you ever watched a television commercial for some kind of drug that will give you freedom to live a better life? Well have you heard the announcer tell all the ways it may affect you just under the music and all the very small print at the bottom of the commercial that goes by so fast.
    People look at those commercials and say that�s a good thing it helps people feel better. But does it? How do you know that those drugs are safe? Who is looking out for you? Just look at all the commercials with lawyers asking if you have taken this drug or that drug and please contact them as you could sue because of the affect these drugs have had on people. It has become a big boom for lawyers.
    Our governments that are suppose to make sure that we are protected from some false claim that a drug will help us more than hurt us. Governments have given a group of academics the responsibility to ensure that what we are prescribed is not going to cause kidney failure or some other medical problem. The pharmaceutical companies have become like a gods to governments and doctors and these academics. They believe that these companies are the answer to all our medical problems, to our health care problem.  Forget that they do what they do because of profit.... not little, as much as they can get. Kind of smells like the same bastards that put us into a recession.
    Let me give you some reality.... if Mick an individual did research and trails with a drug and he found the drug could cure people that where over weight.  These academics would want to see his data and all the trails. But if the pharmaceutical companies said the same thing, they just meet with these academics and they wouldnâ��t ask they take what they say as fact. Next thing itâ��s published in some medical journey and it has to be true or why would it be published.
    How many doctors have put their names on medicinal trails just to make extra dollar?  As society we want to live longer have no pain and not suffer. Well I thought that when as a society we had been so over prescribed with antibiotics that we would have learned our lesson. The pharmaceutical companies and doctors couldnâ��t wait to give us the best drugs as many times as we needed it. Which we now have all these new superbugs.  The medical community has now told us that this was the wrong way to deal with these problems, that we shouldnâ��t be prescribed antibiotics so often, that we should allow our bodies the chance to fight off the bug. Why did it take so long to discover this problem?
    I always wonder who is protecting us!  Nobody is we are not even protecting ourselves.  God we have to protect ourselves.  We have to be interested in our lives. I think itâ��s funny we have all this technology that is suppose to benefit us but we never use for our health.
    The best way for us to protect ourselves is to have these pharmaceutical companies publish their trails, findings in say in recognized newspapers in North America and Europe. Reason being they will check out if the information to make sure it is correct. How many average people read the New England Journal, some, not many? 
    For all of us that love life and want to live as long as we can I want you to know that take the time to see what�s medicating you. Because your life is actually being shorten with all the new drugs.
    Our bodies have for 2000 years changed as time has. My grandmother and grandfather who lived to be 94 and 97 always said, remember the ABCE (vitamins) you will always be healthy eat foods high in these. Even with H1N1 Dr.Oz has said that taking vitamin D will help protect you. But today it�s this new drug and that new drug. My Mom & Dad has always said to eat with your heart & soul in mind. She is 88 and he is 91.

My thing in my life as a newly minted 50 year old is to keep educating myself in whatâ��s best for a long life for me, my wife, and my kids.  There is so much greed in our lives t how can we tell who is telling us the truth, unless we stop and ask. We need more accountability itâ��s the only way we gain our power back. We canâ��t keep being human guinea pigs. Life is short enough

2. rsmallory profile image68
    rsmalloryposted 14 years ago

I agree! This is to long for a forum post, you should consider making it into a hub. Thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)