Who have an idea of how to heal the world from all wars?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Great Diadem profile image60
    Great Diademposted 13 years ago

Who have an idea of how to bring peace to our once peaceful world and heal it from wars, religoius fanaticism, racism and all isms that take humans to negative extrmes?

1. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It begins with the self.  Unfortuneately, external influences may be the means of what will bring the people back to a humbled state.  Historically, when a civilization becomes lascivious, slothful and in a state of apathy it usually takes an occurrence to bring the walls of pride down.

Also, it is imperative to heal the "family."  We must get back to the roots of family and stop continuing to desecrate it's importance and role as the basic unit of society.  The family is central to the Creator's plan for the destiny of all His children.  It's time to bring ourselves into a state of repentance and align ourselves in His favor.

It's a long road but it begins with the self.  Selfless service toward all mankind is among the most humbling experiences and helps to heal the world as well.

Great Diademposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Preach preacher!, you are so right. I hope you are already pastoring a church because you sure can affect people positively.

2. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only one way, and you wouldn't like it.

3. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would suggest we solve the energy industry and who controls it.  Money is traded for oil on so many levels and the false supply crisis' that are thrust upon us every few years just feeds the fear and desparate measures that are enacted.

If we could come up with a source of clean renewable energy everyone could afford there would be little outside interest in it from the super powers to invade and dominate other oil producing countries.

1. Sab Oh profile image55

roll

1. rhamson profile image70
          rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. profile image0
        LegendaryHeroposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be excellent, no more wars over energy resources and if the energy were able to replace oil, it would have the added bonus of many terrorists losing their funding.

4. Starring_Emma profile image57
      Starring_Emmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0
        LegendaryHeroposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We should probably kill all those extremist Christians and the Jews while were at it...and might as well take out the Chinese and Russians too...

2. Great Diadem profile image60

Emma......Isn't it high time we all stopped thinking like that, I use to feel bitter about the havoc some  muslims( some because not all are bad) wreak in my country. I have learnt we should all let go of bitterness and learn to forgive if we really want peace.

2. N. Ramius profile image72
    N. Ramiusposted 13 years ago

Extermination of mankind, leaving just nature left ought to bring peace.

What Ramius! I don't want to die yet Baby.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, even scientifically, it's commonly agreed that "nature is a battlefield." It's not that much different than humanity.

3. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

Few people will welcome this idea I propose. But it's the only way to cure all the political and social ills. And that is to give total control to corporations.
       Actually it's heading in that direction anyway. China is moving into Africa. They intend to "corporatize" the continent with their business methods and ideology. Not good. But the plus side is that most Africans -- normally used to extreme poverty -- will have jobs and stability.
       Wal-Mart is globalizing and in some areas is the only game in town. They plan on establishing a strong presence in impoverished areas like India and Bangladesh where labor is cheap. Many people don't like Wal-Mart. But who else can provide jobs and a better life to the desperate masses?
       Other corporations "too big to fail" did so because of internal failings. But consider this a warmup to the real thing: A corporation that is an entity unto itself with no accountability except to its internal machinations. However, it also provides jobs, food, housing, healthcare, and peace to the multitudes.
       Mass migrations are permeating every corner of the globe. The hideously poor are saying "Enough!" and are seeking some semblance of normalcy in developed countries. But nations are incapable of handling the influx of millions of impoverished.
       Governments have also demonstrated they can't eradicate poverty, crime, corruption, and death by starvation. They've had thousands of years to do so. So let the megacorporations have at it.
       After that it's a one-world government and eventual annihilation.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62

Mega corporations really perpetuate poverty. The service they render does not equal the devastation they create in economies, communities and families. Walmart has gone into smaller areas, and put mom and pop businesses out of business and they have to go work for Walmart. Then when Walmart determines the area won't support the profit margins they require, they pull out of town, leaving a derelict building, a devastated economy and jobless families.

While they may provide jobs, they also abuse and use the poor. It's not a win/win situation. It's corporate greed preying on the poor. Have you heard about "peasant policies?" Look it up. Walmart and corporations like them take out life insurance policies of sometimes a million dollars or more based on the employee's health. In more than one case, the corporation has received over a million dollars in payout upon the death of the employee, still leaving the grieving family impoverished. They DO NOT help the family. The family is not entitled to any of the pay out on such policies.

I believe that when we are personally so sick of the greed, lust and battling of the world, when we want peace more than we want any of these things, we will finally be able to have it. But as goldenpath said, it's in individual thing that begins with self, then family, then society. It's a very slow awareness and consciousness that takes time for people to develop and embrace for their selves.

1. profile image57
        foreignpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And how many eons have we been in existence, and how many eons more will it take for us to realize this "slow awareness." I contend it will never happen. We have within us a genetic flaw that will never be overcome. There's an upside and a downside to everything. In more realistic terms, the only way to eradicate global wars and self-interest (at the expense of others) is for a single entity to control and dominate. Like Obama's vision of big government, this entity would provide for all, eliminate wars and famine, but also control every aspect of our lives. It's either/or. You want heaven on earth it won't happen.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62

Control and dominate????
          Not for me. I dare say not for anyone. How many people have ever loved an oppressive organization, political structure or religion? Even if such a utopian government started out that way it would soon find itself incredibly corrupt just as our own US government, founded on principles of freedom, has become. There is no guarantee that such a world government would actually serve the planet. We are too vulnerable to our egos and greed for it not to evolve into another monster, despite the inspirational speeches of people like Obama, and others.

I've had a gut full of such control and domination lfrom false religions and bad political ideologies. Stalin and Hitler come to mind. Jim Jones, also. Many others, too. Even corrupt city hall.

You may be exactly right about it taking eons for man to "evolve" to such a level, or possibly never achieving it. I have no idea, but taking away people's rights has never been considered a good thing, and that's where a world government is headed, I believe. It's too much power and too much temptation.

Walmart and mega corporations are just a 21st century of medieval serfs and lords arrangement. I'm not for it.

I don't subscribe to the idea of a utopian government because although we may think we are ready to live in such an arrangement, we have proven to ourselves over and over we are not mature enough, nor advanced enough to have such a universal outlook. (How many religions and societies have attempted this and failed? --All who have attempted.) But neither can I subscribe to nor support mega corporations who prey on others.

So where we are at, cosmically, is exactly where we are supposed to be, and it's up to us individually to make the difference.

I think that's the fundamental message of all the enlightened teachers such as Buddha, Christ, etc.

1. profile image57
            foreignpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. But the question is: How will warring (and human suffering) stop. I contend that we will have to sacrifice individual freedoms for the sake of global peace.

1. Origin profile image61
              Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Remove the hostile gene from our DNA and/or use a emotion suppressing drug (aka from Equilibrium). tongue

2. Great Diadem profile image60

I agree with foreignpress's megacorporation to some extent and agree with you to some extent too. In my opinion I am thinking that the religious belief system of the world needs healing, religion is beautiful....it's so good to trust and hope in God but the fanatics among us needs to let go a bit. We are all beginning to overdo it if lives have to be maimed and wasted in the name of it. I am wishing so much we can bring back that warless time when all was peaceful. I guess it should start with putting a stop to the present wars and like sparhawke said the leaders of the world need to come together and work for peace, enough blood have been shed, it really shouldn't continue. If the heads of the warring parties agree that it is enough, they can convince the soldiers, the fanatics that bomb others to stop. It's high time it all stopped you know.

4. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 13 years ago

Throw all the world leaders who start them into a room together and let them settle their differences mano a' mano.

It is a lot easier to order someone to kill if you are not doing it yourself, all leaders really want is power at any cost, unless it involves their own personal blood.

Someone once said that a politician will gladly lay down your life for his country, how true that statement is...

5. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 13 years ago

One world government, one nation. Give it laws of freedom of religion, and give schools a priority to teach that each person, no matter the color, is equal.

tongue

Yes, Ory that is very needful, it should start from the grassroot where education begins.

2. Sab Oh profile image55

"One world government, one nation"

That would guarantee war.

3. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Origin:
      Ty!
      A one world gov't and genetic engineering are the only 2 ways.
      We'll never see it happen because monotheists will cause the "self fulfilling prophecy" of armageddon to happen first.

6. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

I was in a meeting once.  They said Network Marketing was the way to world peace, after all, would you really shoot someone in your down-line? Someone who was making you money?  lol

7. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

No idea that goes backward to what we tried before is going to work, already proved it or it would have worked.

The idea will be a new idea - maybe simply that we change the system so that money is not god - value coming from being some kind of use to society.  The old, redundant, vicious, self-centred, me me me thinking changed to encompass the idea that we are nothing alone.

Being here in China is illuminating - there may be many things wrong with the system, these are being constantly pointed out, and many made up by stupid people to go with the actual problems.  What is most noticeable is that with their particular history of social change the general idea that people are important is much stronger than I ever saw anywhere in the west.  The fusion of traditional humanity with a strong entrepeneurial ethic produces many of the good things in the new cultural values that are sweeping through China.  This way of thinking provides the real opposition to the corruption that is starting to be tackled now.

"What is most noticeable is that with their particular history of social change the general idea that people are important is much stronger than I ever saw anywhere in the west"

Ok, now we are back to Bizarro Superman World. That is exactly the opposite of what the history of China suggests. You are so deeply afflicted with "Everything Here is Perfect!"  Waiguoren Syndrome that you cannot even see the irrationality of what you are saying.

China man I agree that there must be something your society and government are doing right that is giving people such strong entreprenurial spirit  that have all and sundry industrious. I admire that so much about China but you know what the west also have that general idea that people are important. That also is among the things I admire about the west.
                Ivorwen some sense of brotherhood may come from network marketing but can that really heal our world right now, I agree with Sab Oh, the one world, one government that Mr. Origin proposed may be disaster when it comes to "who will lead our world", so many of us are too power drunk to be followers.
               Is there something that can be done to put a stop to the unrest in many parts of the world right now? Is there a way we here can begin effort towards that change. As we all know the wars are religious based, I am thinking that just as world leaders meet and discuss issues that affect the world like global warming so is there an urgent need for a discussion on world peace and religious tolerance, where every leader should be asked to work on whatever teaching and education that is making people grow up not tolerating others of different religions. This is not just about the wars in Iraq ,afghanistan, so many people in other parts of the world experience religious wars. I am very ashamed at the one in the links below that take place in my country because these are people already undergoing hardship and instead of concentrating on improving their condition, they are being overtaken by fanaticism. I read it , shed tears helplessly and keep wishing there is something I can do to make people stop. There should be some awareness campaign globally that one need not kill in the name of religion but the present wars should be stopped first. I know the West hurt deeply over 9/11 but things have snowballed and are getting out of hand,so many people have died, its time to broker peace.If a peace talk with the likes of bin laden and others will bring peace, it should be given a go.Its all making the world more sick than even global warming is doing. How do we make it stop? How do we make it stop?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/world … geria.html
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8561748.stm
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8557072.stm

"China man I agree that there must be something your society and government are doing right that is giving people such strong entreprenurial spirit  that have all and sundry industrious. I admire that so much about China but you know what the west also have that general idea that people are important. That also is among the things I admire about the west. "

Not a knock on anyone or anything, but fyi the poster is not Chinese. He is just a sinophile living in China (which itself is an interesting perspective to bring to our discussions).

He also writes some very good hubs. You should check them out.

I was at his hup place a moment ago, thanks I promised him that i will return to digest his hubs for sure

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Even the brightest hippies failed with this one.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tell the whole truth!! yikes

It failed because the acid ran out and eventualy wore off! lol

9. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Now that is deep! big_smile

10. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Space exploration...No? Ok.

11. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I believe the children are our are future.  If we just teach them well and let them lead the way.  We have to first show them all the beauty they possess inside and give them a sense of pride to make it easier.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

12. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

In my opinion, there will always be wars in the world till humanity exists. There will be no end to wars as the affected one always plans to avenge his defeat.

Or, if there should be no further war, a large-scale war, involving every country must come and the end should be the destruction of humanity. There should be all-round destruction. Every single human being should be affected by that war. Then, no one will dare to think of another war!

13. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

the world simply needs more cow bell

Why Cow bells, greek one??

1. Greek One profile image62
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://thestranded.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/more-cowbell-tshirt1.jpg

It's just a reference to a popular skit from Saturday Night Live

smile

14. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 13 years ago

You want to get rid of war? Eradicate poverty.

15. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

I like Madame X suggestion still I would like to add.

Those who are responsible for keeping the country out of war if they can't find a better solution then going to war I sugest taking a portion of their personal income for as long as the war/conflict is going on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)