Palin makes a move?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (35 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Rut-roh! Is Palin making a move for the 2012 campaign? She's speaking at the Ronald Reagan Dinner on September 17th in Iowa. Many political pundits see this as a strategic move for the nomination. But for which party, I wonder - the TEA Party or the republican party? I want to see a moderate republican or even a moderate democrat run!

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi habee. I'd like to see a sane person run.
      Even the news in my country consider her to be unbalanced at best.
      You should see some of the footage we have here on the satirical comedy shows! smilesmile

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But she's hawt, so who cares.  Not like the CONGRESS which has all the real power is going to do anything.

It's so funny to watch everyone bitch about the President, simply because he's one guy and easy to keep track of. 

The problem is in Congress.  They suck.  They have been sucking for decades.  Our media is corrupt and serves itself, and we the serf class are unwilling to put for the momentus effort we would need to really fix it.  And what's worse, the moronic right is so busy pushing high-emotion, totally polorizing religious agendas, anti-abortion and gay hate that they are driving people to center and even left, which allows the far, far left to take gun rights away, so that we won't be able to overthrow this Idiocracy we've made.

Perfect storm of stupidity on both sides.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There should be some way we could require our congressmen to actually represent his or her constituents.  With our modern technology, there is no reason why we can't inform our representatives how the majority of their constituents would like them to vote on a certain bill.  And if they didn't do this, then we simply kill them! 

I think this might work!  Anyone have a problem with this?

1. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now, Randy, you know I'm against murder. Let's just send 'em packin'!

2. earnestshub profile image80

That is pretty much what I'm seeing too. smile

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Ernest, I do not want Palin to run! I'm more of a moderate, and while I'm a Christian, I strongly believe in the separation of Church and State. Also, I'm not nearly as right-winged as a lot of Christians. I believe in tolerance, and Palin doesn't seem the type to me who would be very tolerant of anyone who wasn't like her!

Yes I get that you are a moderate habee.

It would be much nicer without the crazed zealots from either party. smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

I hope she does run, I could use the laughs!  She cracks me up!

1. habee profile image93

That $&it ain't funny, RD - it's scary as hell! There are lots of folks who practically worship this woman and hang on her every word. And now she's got plenty of moula, too. Don't be so quick to dismiss her chances. I don't know if you remember how it was in GA when Jimmah Cahta was running, but a lot of folks voted for him as a joke. Look what happened! I'm not comparing Palin to Carter, just saying...stranger things have happened!

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
          Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's very sad that there are a few mentally lazy people out there that worships this dingy bitch. When McCain chose her to be his running mate, obvioulsy he didn't take his campaign very seriously. You had a Maverik and a MILF running for the top position in the country, how hilarious!!

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

What does Rut-Rah mean, Habee?

1. habee profile image93

Rut-roh, not rut-rah. Rut-roh - you know, dogspeak for uh-oh. Don't you watch Scooby Doo and the Jetsons?? lol. I have 2 Great Danes, so I guess it comes with the territory.

1. Lisa HW profile image60
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

(I was wondering what "rut-rah" is.  Then again, I was wondering what "rut-roh" is too.   smile  )  It's been a long time since I've since The Jetsons (and somehow I missed Scooby Doo completey.   smile  )   (Now I know if I see "rut"-anything it's dogs-speak.   smile  )

(Let's talk about cartoon dogs instead of Sarah Palin.   It would be more interesting.   smile  )

1. JOE BARNETT profile image60
          JOE BARNETTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sarah palin is a cartoon ha ha ha

4. Mighty Mom profile image77

Never mind. I figured it out. It's Rut-ROH -- Uh Oh as voiced by Astro the dog on the Jetsons, right?

5. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Oops! We must have been posting at the same time.

6. Godwin Nwando profile image60
    Godwin Nwandoposted 13 years ago

Palin intrigues me mainly because she, like Obama is unexperienced and still relatively new on the scene, However, unlike President Obama, Palin doesnt have the poise that many people envision a president to have.

I think she is too polarizing to be a serious contender but should run for kicks.

Romney is the only republican candidate that I would vote over Obama.

1. habee profile image93

I think Romney is very intelligent. I need to learn more about him.

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

There is also the problem of making comparisons between a top student who got his law degree from Harvard Law School (where he became the Harvard Law Review's first African American president).......... and a bone ignorant screaming fundamental religionist who talks in tongues! Geeeeeeeeeeez!Is this guy gonna run too? smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXUJLqgeuOA

1. Godwin Nwando profile image60
      Godwin Nwandoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True that
      At least Obama has ideas.... even if they are not working

Obama has not got much of a chance to do much with a congress that has been crud for donkeys years as Shadesbreath
        stated so well above.

The American people should put the broom to lobbyists and a start sweeping the recipients of favours out of the house.

1. habee profile image93

Randy and I have been saying that for years (about lobbyists). WHY do we put up with that??

The same reason Australians have screwed up our politics right now. Intellectual laziness and a lack of scrutiny I guess! lol

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Doesn't it make you feel ashamed for those people who send this charlatan so much of their hard earned money?  The mind control these types of religious con artists have over those people is horrible fascinating to a point.  After that it gets scary!

Definitely scary! Wot a moroon as the rabbit would say. smile

8. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Hey, RD - if Palin wins, we could always move to Oz and live near Ernesto!

You would love Melbourne habee. smile A beautiful clean city on two bays and close to the open sea with mountains and snowfields only 2 hours from the city. Melbourne is surrounded by foothills 30 minutes away. Plenty of Americans already live here and love it.
      At 4 Million souls it is getting very big though.

9. Mighty Mom profile image77

She's definitely making a move.
    God willing she'll self-destruct at the primary stage.
    The vision of palin as POTUS makes me ill.
    If Beck is Jim Baker incarnate,Palin isTammy Faye...

It is even more terrifying is that special someone who votes for her knowing her whole story! smile
      I'm feelin queazy thinking of an America with her at the wheel!

1. profile image0
        Justsilvieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Guess I will have to find my "I am Canadian" Sweatshirt.. Hard to live overseas when we have clowns like Palin come into the public light. The ribbing is endless...

10. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Funny, I liked Palin at first. Then I did my research. UGH!!

Maybe I just wanted to like her because I liked and respected McCain. I liked Hillary, too. And I used to hate Hillary! But then I researched her and found that I liked her. I will usually admit when I've made a mistake!

I've noticed that habee. A nice way to be. We get to grow that way. smile

11. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks, Ernest. I think I'm taking my two big doggies and heading to bed!

Well you guys sleep well, I feel pretty sure the dogs will. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)