jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Interesting Political Moves in Florida?

1. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Interesting Political Moves in Florida?

Why would the Democratic Party now be supporting former Republican and now Independent Charlie Christ over their own Candidate, Kendrick Meek, encouraging Meek to withdrawal from the Florida Senate race?

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/ … -until-end

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Heard this last night and at first was very puzzled.  However, after a little research I believe I know why the 'One' would want Meeks gone and Christ in.  Meeks was his own man, not an Obamite.  He was a true Democrat as from the 'olden' days and Obama couldn't count on his blind support.  Christ, on the other hand, goes with whoever can empower him.  Same as that crazy chick up in Alaska.  With Christ it's not about serving your constituants, it's about power and serving yourself.  "Oh, looks like I'm gonna lose.  Better change parties."

This move ought to prove to everyone Obama's complete lack of ethics and morals.  His preaching about being for the little man, those on the fringe like immigrants, blacks, gays and others.  "We've got to get rid of this extremely capable black candidate in favor of one I can control."

I'm a conservative and this ticks me off.  If I was in Florida I'd vote for Meeks just on principle.  He can't beat Rubio, neither can Christ but I'd vote for Meeks just the same.

readytoescapeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with your opinion of Christ, he certainly has proved himself to be a self serving career politician that will go wherever the political winds blow.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image67
        I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You did "a little research" and that's the conclusion you came up with? That Meeks isn't an Obamite? Come on, do a little more research next time. It's a 3-way race, and Crist and Meeks are in 2nd and 3rd and splitting votes. The Democrats need one of them to drop out to give the other votes to defeat Rubio, a rising star in the GOP. They want Meeks to drop out because he has little chance of winning and he's just taking votes away from the one guy who has a shot at beating the Republican. The Democrats know how dangerous a third candidate can be in a Florida election, and they'd gladly take a moderate like Crist over a conservative like Rubio.

Reminds me of the old adage, “By Hook or By Crook”

2. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Hi, Ready! I posted a similar thread late last night, but no one responded.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/58008#post1298299

Hey Habee,

Oops, I didn’t see it, sorry.

I’m so tired of party BS, it’s time for both parties to be ignored

3. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Oh, how I long for a viable third party - a slightly right-leaning party of moderates!

working