Why are Trump's supporters willing to overlook all his negativity?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (67 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image88
    peoplepower73posted 7 years ago

Trump is not your normal candidate nor is he running a normal campaign.  I know the word normal is relative, but in the world of campaigns, it is based on previous campaigns that had some sense of being normal with decorum and civility.  He has lied and  insulted all of his opponents and yet he was nominated for his party.  He is lying and insulting Hillary every chance he gets. All of his behavior  has been recorded for all the world to see and hear and yet it seems to make no difference to his supporters.  In a court of law, you can be sued for libel, slander and defamation of character of which he is guilty of all of those charges.  Why do you support him and why are willing to overlook his rude, insulting behavior, which at times incites violence?

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well, it certainly is not ideological purity to the principles conservatives espouse, Ted Cruz was a better candidate.

Some say that it has to do with the anti-politician stance relative to the status quo of the political game. That is like saying the old Seven Up advertisement of "UnCola" means that it is not a carbonated soft drink? He has ruthlessly played the  'game' from the corporate class side of the ledger. He is not there to attle the 'silver spoons' characteristic of his economic class. So, now he is this populist that will heal all of America's woes?

It certainly is not about political experience as he has none.

Maybe, it is because he is not PC? He is good with bravado and tough talk, but like the Muslim family who lost their son in war had said, he has never sacrificed anything that would adversely affect his bottom line, self interest. He has the soul of a coward with a running faucet of a mouth.

Getting those minority groups and women 'under control' in the minds of so many of his supporters is the real explanation of the success of Donald Trump in AMERICAN politics. It is just that it is not a popular topic of discussion.

2. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Because the alternative is worse.

peoplepower73posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Live to learn:  So if you think  the alternative is worse, then you can give Trump a pass on all his lies, deceit, slander, and defamation of character?  The difference is Hillary has been accused, but never proven guilty.  Trump is guilty, but his supporters don't care.

I would like to know why you think the alternative is worse?  I would like to  learn, just like your name states.

1. Live to Learn profile image61

Lol. Hillary hasn't been convicted, so therefor it's ok. Trump hasn't been convicted but it's not.Interesting.

I've explained the serious danger of a Hillary presidency before. If you didn't read my responses then why would I waste time repeating myself?

2. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm with LtL - the head of the FBI reports that their investigation found that Clinton is guilty of a crime as well as refusal to follow rules, but she's not guilty.

People claim that Trump stole from them, offering no investigation or proof, and he's guilty. Politics is such a wonderful game, where legal guilt is defined by which party one is associated with.

Wilderness:  She is guilty of unintentional reckless carelessness.  If that is a crime, then she should be tried in a court of law.  The reason that the FBI did not charge her is because if they did, they would have to charge John Kerry,  Colin Powell, Condelizza Rice, and many other Secretary of State who have done the same thing.

And this is your choice for president. lol

2. PhoenixV profile image64
              PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We are all aware of her resume' and summation of her entire political career.

3. wilderness profile image94
              wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Unintentional".  Our Secretary of State didn't understand basic security protocols, and no one informed her?  She didn't know that the law states all government emails were to be saved forever and no one told her?  She didn't know better than to use unsecured devices in dangerous countries and no one ever mentioned it?

Of course she knew - it was just inconvenient, so the the law didn't apply to her.

Colin Powell didn't operate under the same laws - no reason to charge him.  Rice may have, for part of her term; if so charge her.  What other secretaries had the same rules in place and committed the same crime (either not saving emails or putting them on unsecured servers)?  Personally, I don't find that because some people escaped prosecution is a valid reason not to charge someone else, years later - that you apparently do says something about how you view our political system.  By the same reasoning, Trump should never have to see the inside of a court room for fraud connected with his college as others have done the same thing without being prosecuted.

3. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You answered your own question Peoplepower ,  Trump is the outsider !   Not practiced in the perfect speechmaking of Hillary ,   Where Hillary speaks like she has no past performance to compare her poor, poor performance to , Trump  at least has a chance to put into practice his promise !     
      Hillary has a record of  actual and vast nothingness on political  record to  embellish her political  rhetoric ,  no matter how you ignore that  simple truth , it will come back and bite those voting for her . Trump has a lot to prove BUT  the simple fact that he beat out all of the other mainstream candidates and now  works to destroy Hillary's  vast  politically supported Mafia , proves he at least has a conscience .  Hillary has a record of Heartless Criminality on record supported by an administration bent on destroying traditional America .

Vote Trump !  He will deliver the change Obama only promised !

ahorseback:  Reality check my friend.  It does not matter what a candidate pledges.  It is a matter of getting congress to approve it.  This B.S. about building a wall and taking out ISIS on his first day in office is all B.S. and you and his supporters buy into it.  As far as reducing the national debt.  Each president inherits the national debt of the previous president.   In other words they will start out with a debt of around 20 trillion and it will go up from there.  In four years, it will probably be 30 trillion.  Welcome to Elements of Government 101.

1. PhoenixV profile image64
          PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's Congress fault. Inherited debt. Not only is it government 101 it's the liberal way of life: it's somebody else's fault and I'm not responsible.

PHOENIXV WROTE:  I guess you didn't understand a word I said. There is a difference between the national debt and the budget.  This country has had a national debt every since we borrowed money to pay for the civil war. Each president since that time has assumed the national debt of the previous president. So how can that be the liberal's fault?  We are what is called a debtor nation.

The budget is different, because it is the income and outgo for the nation for one year.  The bills for the budget have to be paid for at the end of every year.  If there is not enough money in the budget, the budget ceiling is increased.  Your conservative friends always block the budget ceiling increase by holding the country hostage until they get to defund Planned Parenthood.  They have shutdown the government many times because of this.

Maybe this will help. I wrote this hub.

http://hubpages.com/politics/What-is-th … he-Deficit

2. profile image0

No my friend , It is only this administration that has  Outspent every president previous to his  administration --combined !

What I'm not understanding is why liberals and progressives are not backing  a new and changing face in politics BUT instead , one that has contributed  blindly  against even liberal ideology ?  Hillary ;   she has a proven record of  anti-  progressive policy - including the most corrupted forms of governing  - That baffles me about  liberals . Seriously , Why don't YOU  want change  from the traditional  government corruption ?

Clinton 101 !    Outspend , out corrupt , out legislate , outsell ALL others in selling off  America  in "pay for play "  and out eliminate constitutional liberties by incredible leaps and bounds  .

ahorseback:

By the way, every president outspends his predecessor by adding to the national debt from the previous president..  This is a fact.  Check this out.

http://hubpages.com/politics/What-is-th … he-Deficit

It's very simple why me and others like me are not backing Trump.  It's not about change.  When he says "Make American Great Again."  He is really saying roll back the clock.  Conservatives by their very nature  don't like change.  That's why you are called conservatives and we are called progressives.   You are not changing, you are going backwards. "You want your country back."  Hillary is the one that will institute change, but you have been led to believe it will be business as usual and liberals are to be blamed for everything.  But in fact, it is the do nothing republican congress, that has blocked progress in this country and Trump has made it look like it is all Obama's fault. The only thing the republican congress has done is investigate Hillary and waste your tax payers money and mine. And block everyone of Obama's moves.  You, people like you, Fox, News, and the Tea Party have provided the opportunity for the creation of  this aberration called Trump.

Trump is a con artist who is not to be trusted.  He talks out of both side of his mouth, but you and people like you have been brainwashed into thinking he is good when in fact he is playing to your fantasies.  He lies, contradicts himself, slanders, defames, and exaggerates what he is going to do for this country, but doesn't have a clue how the government runs. Even many republicans don't want him to be president.  If he is caught in a lie, he just says, "I don't think that is lying."  He has no decorum or civility towards his opponents or the media, except Fox News.  It's all reality T,V, to him and you and others like you are being played by him and don't even realize it.

You and others may accuse Hillary of the same thing, but they are just accusations, not fact.  Trump's behavior and rhetoric have been recorded for all the world to see as evidence, if they would just pay attention, instead of listening to all the propaganda on Fox News.  All you have to do is go to these to non- partisan web sites and see for yourself. you will notice, they are fact checking Hillary as well. But Trump has many more "pants on fire" statements. 

http://www.factcheck.org/

http://www.politifact.com/

Here, here, Peoplepower, the counter to your comment here is that righties will say politi fact and factcheck.org are tools of the grand leftist conspiracy. Don't confuse these Folks with the facts.

The sad thing is that most of your accusations can be leveled against Hillary also. We have the two worst possible candidates running for the highest office in this land. There is no defense for Hillary. There is no excuse for Trump.

By the way. I remember being told as a young adult that if the Republican party had their way we'd all be starved out. If the democratic party had its way we'd go bankrupt as a nation. That the only hope was to have them at a stalemate. I wonder how much further we'd be in debt if the democratic party had had free reign over the last few years.

Mark my words. Were Trump to win you'd see the democrats doing exactly as the republicans have done.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
                GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Leave it to a dose of reality to spoil the party.  But I really liked this creation;"... no defense for Hillary, and no excuse for Trump." Even though I do think there is an excuse for Trump, that was well put.

GA

GA and Live to Learn:  The democrats did not create the financial meltdown.  It was the republicans who repealed the Glass Stegal Act. This allowed commercial banks and investment companies to merge their assets and create all kinds of high risk exotic investment instruments, including sub-prime mortgages.   When they became highly leveraged, the market crashed, not only here but globally.  This is just a simple explanation to summarize it.  It is much more complex than this, but for now, this should do.

By the way, Reagan who was a republican who created the savings and loan debacle of the 80's by removing the 100 grand cap on mom and pop savings and loans.  Again this created a highly risky leveraged housing market that came crashing down like a house of cards.

1. colorfulone profile image78
                    colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Glass Stegal Act, was repealed under Bill Clinton in 1999.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass%E2% … egislation

Repeal of Glass-Steagall Caused the Financial Crisis
                    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/eco … ial-crisis

In 1999, Democrats led by President Bill Clinton and Republicans led by Sen. Phil Gramm joined forces to repeal Glass-Steagall at the behest of the big banks. What happened over the next eight years was an almost exact replay of the Roaring Twenties. Once again, banks originated fraudulent loans and once again they sold them to their customers in the form of securities. The bubble peaked in 2007 and collapsed in 2008. The hard-earned knowledge of 1933 had been lost in the arrogance of 1999.

ADDED:   PEOPLEPOWER73 will you spin this to being Trump's fault somehow?

2. GA Anderson profile image89
                    GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am familiar with Glass/Steagall's history, and understand your simple explanation, but I think your background description could use some clarification and correction.

The final repeal of Glass/Steagall was a bi-partisan effort - it was not a Republican repeal. And although I agree it is a much more complex issue, I do not think your explanation carries the point. I think consideration of the Community Reinvestment Act, (CRA), in conjunction with the Glass/Steagall repeal, is necessary to understand what happened. And the CRA was a Democrat effort.

Other than finding a Republican name to vilify, I don't see how your Reagan point applies. I also think your consideration of Pres. Clinton's Lewinsky weakness as an excuse is just that - an excuse. Democrats have been pushing and trading for increased CRA power since its inception, and their final trade, (regarding support for Glass/Steagall repeal), paid off all their bets.

I think it is unlikely that an objective review of CRA's expansion and Glass/Steagall's repeal would lay responsibility in any but the Democrat's lap.

ps. How does any of your response relate to the comment concerning that "... defense for Hillary or excuse for Trump phrase?

GA

4. junko profile image70
      junkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Conservatives are different than Republicans and they don't care about The Presidency and proved that point the last 8 years. Conservatives care only about The House The Senate and The Supreme Court, there is where the long lasting controls and power is found. A President is powerless with far right wing conservative control over the house and senate. Trump supporters are willing to loudly daily support Trump knowing that he is full of negatives just to head fake The Left about what they are really trying to support and that is, the  Republican majorities in the house senate and supreme court. Trump is what the Trump supporters want the left to focus on rather than down ballot elections and they are having their way here on HP and and the news media nationwide. If Hillary wins the Presidency only the left and she will have no victories. Trump and his supporters will have serve their purpose for The Conservatives. Don' go for the head fake keep your eyes on the prize.

Junko:  I Think you are absolutely right.  That's why the GOP had to bring him in  line with the parties agenda.   Since there are so many congressmen up for re-election this election cycle.  They were afraid that if Trump continued his free willing style, it would jeopardize their chance for re-election and for them to get the Supreme Court Justice they want.  He is now a puppet on a string being controlled by Kelly Ann Conway, the guy from Britebart, and Roger Ailes.  They want to keep him in march step with GOP agenda.

1. junko profile image70
          junkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Peoplepower: Not the GOP agenda, the Alt Right Conservative agenda. The GOP has no agenda. The Conservatives Right took over the Republican Party in 2010.

Junko:  You are right.  I think all three people I mentioned are all affiliated with Alt Right.

5. profile image53
      frumpletonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm voting with a write-in for Clint Eastwood, even though he isn't running.  But I am going to do that because I don't know who to believe anymore.  I am fed up.  Trump is a trumpet, always running his mouth.  Hillary is better because at least she is calmer.  Trump is not as financially savvy as everyone thinks, either.  Maybe Hillary's lost emails were sent to a lover?  Why shouldn't she do the same to her husband that he did with Monica?  Just because she's a woman?  Republicans are not "conservative".  They start wars (both Bushes) and that ran up the deficit, too.  Republicans make fun of Democrats and think they are spenders.  Well, how many Democratic presidents STARTED a war, compared to the Republicans?  Think about it.  John F. Kennedy was murdered because he didn't want any wars.  Maybe people aren't old enough to know that.  So, good ole Dirty Harry will get my vote

6. Sychophantastic profile image87
      Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think, as a general rule, whoever the KKK and Neo-Nazis enthusiastically support, I support the other person.

2. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

I actually listen to what Donald J. Trump says.  I don't listen to news outlets that twist what he says or makes things up out of thin air, (unless I want a good laugh for the day). 

BTW, Trump will win! 
    Hillary, sold out.

colorfulone:  What he actually says is loaded with insults accusations and lies.  What do you listen to and watch so that you don't hear and see the same thing as I do?  He just recently lied about Hillary starting the birther movement, when he and a women by the name of Orly Taitz started it. Then he would not appolgize to Obama and Hillary. .  He lied about Obama and Hillary founding ISIS. He just suggested that they should remove Hillary's secret service detail. 

He attacked John McCain for being captured by the North Vietnamese.
      He attacked Gold Star parents Khizr and Ghazala Khan and then juxtaposed their names with the phrase "Radical Islamic Terrorism."
      He attacked Hillary Clinton as a "bigot." He attacked her as "brainwashed." As "unhinged." As "a monster." As "the devil." As "the most corrupt candidate ever"—showing her face on piles of hundred-dollar bills and the Star of David.
      He attacked her as someone whom "Second Amendment people" should do something about. As someone whose religion "we don't know anything about"—after he explained he had never asked God for forgiveness.
      He attacked President Obama and implied he was a traitor. He attacked him as having been complicit in the Orlando terrorist attack.
      He attacked him for having lower approval ratings than Vladimir Putin, as if Putin's could be trusted.
      He attacked him as being born in another country. He attacked him as the founder of ISIS, then said it was sarcasm, then said it wasn't sarcasm, then attacked him again as the founder of ISIS.

Everyone of those statements is recorded and can be verified. Doesn't any of that mean anything to you and others who support him, about his character?  Do you  have filters on so that you don't hear and see all of those things or do you just not care?  Please tell me. I would really like to know.

3. colorfulone profile image78

Show me the proof, then I will listen to this nonsense (as I see it). In all my research I cannot come close to confirming any of this.   What have I missed?

I do try to stay on the bright-side of things, so I could miss negative things.

Stuff, gets made up! The god of this world is all about deception and lies like the Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama administration's. We do not need another Clinton administration.  God forbid it.

Colorfulone;  I think you got it wrong buddy.  I think you are on the negative side of things.  Here is your proof.  I think you and your Trump supporters are the ones that are being deceived.  If you want more proof, just let me know.  This stuff cannot be made up.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/t … red-120317

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-t … d=41015051

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre … r-backlash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcxkkrN … e=youtu.be

http://elections.ap.org/content/latest- … ead-allies

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-t … d=41286869

2. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Any?? You just don't care about facts. You will ignore them, not the first time.

But for anyone else who's been living under a rock...

McCain and God-forgiveness
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k1ajHAeXMU

Gold Star parents
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sABIIr2Wgyk

Bonus - Purple Heart
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR66EoDQEt0
      Veteran response
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHEZ-dvZXEU

Obama founder of ISIS
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRYDF86wWD0

Hillary's religion
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph2J5l82pXc
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gym5TIib-Zo

Just a few...
      Liars to the basket.

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I listened to all of those videos, and I do not know what you are trying to prove.   Trump didn't lie about anything, on any of those videos. 

So!  You proved to me that Trump tells the truth.  And, some people don't like the truth or the fact that Trump isn't politically correct.

Thanks!

2. Alternative Prime profile image59
        Alternative Primeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

In ADDITION to IslandBites INFO here's just an EXAMPLE of "CON-Man Donald's" "DEPLORABLE & Unlawful Activity"

1. FOUND Guilty of Operating a FAKE University without the Proper STATE License ~ A Related PENDING $40 MILLION Fraud CASE which STRETCHEs from COAST to COAST is Scheduled for TRIAL November 28, 2016 ~ The Case INCLUDEs approximately 5,000 AMERICANs Suing Trump for "Elder ABUSE" & Violations of the "R.I.C.O Act" ~

2. FOUND Guilty & FINED for ILLEGAL Donations ~ Donations which include what appears to be "BRIBE Money" to Pam Bondi of FORIDA in Exchange for her "NON-Pursuit" of the Trump U Law Suit ~

3. FINED $200,000 for Unlawful Activity including DISCRIMINATION Against "Women & African AMERICANs" ~

That was just a "Fact SAMPLE" which of course the "Trumpeteers" will DESPERATELY Try to DENY ~ sad

But to ANSWER Mike's Original QUESTION ~ I think it's OBVIOUS many of his "FANz" such as David Duke & the KLU Klux Klan, Miscelaneous RACISTs & Bigots such as Rudy Giuliani, Breitbart, Kelli-Anne Conway etc COMBINED with "END Timers" & WEIRDOs like Sarah Palin support "Delusional Donald" because they are just as sad DEPLORABLE sad as he is ~ it's Pretty CLEAR ~

Everyone on the INSIDE Understand that it would be a "MIRACLE from the DARK Side" if Trump ESCAPEs a Prison Sentence ~

Remember when he Maniacally "INSULTED his FANz Intelligence" by actually saying he could "SHOOT someone on 5th Avenue & NOT Lose a VOTE"?? ~ Although his FAN Base is indeed SHRINKING, Believe it or NOT, a small CORE of Supporters would ACTUALLY Comply with that INSANE Notion & right NOW, "CON-man Donald" is in some PRIVATE Room somewhere Laughing to himself as he decides what the next step is to INSULT the Intelligence of, and TEST the Gullibility of his Feeble-MINDED FANz ~ sad

4. colorfulone profile image78

ABC is broad casting from the Rockefeller website, and Bill Clinton is the son of...

5. profile image52
    Atruepatriotposted 7 years ago

Why are Hillary's supporters disregarding her treasonous pay to play tactics as Secretary of State and her treasonous lying to the people of this country on the subjects of Benghazi, Classified e-mails, etc. I could go on for the maximum amount of type. I'm not a Trump supporter but he is at least an unknown as far as service of the people. The known commodity is corrupted beyond anything ever running for president. There was a day when a person who committed the treasonous acts that she has would have been hung from the nearest tree. I personally wish for those days to return but alas Americans are too busy chasing Pokemon or whatever to realize the Republic is lost to Soros and his comrades.

Careful there. The left will start whining that you are threatening Hillary with physical violence.

1. profile image52
        Atruepatriotposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So true

2. peoplepower73 profile image88

ATRUEPATRIOT :  Trump University is being sued for fraud.  Trump Foundation is pay-to-play and has ties to Russia and Putin's people.  And your name applies "A True Patriot."  You should quit listening to Fox News.  you are being miss-informed my friend.  A republic means without a monarch.  Trump wants to be king, because only he can fix a rigged system, not the democratic process.  How do I know you listen to Fox News? Because of your reference to George Soros and Comrades.  That is a Fox News drum beat.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-fo … d=42081467

http://time.com/4433880/donald-trump-ties-to-russia/

1. profile image52

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. Haven't watched anything on Fox in many months. Never have the channel on. Why? I am not a subscriber to cable moron. But you are free to paste as many links from Hillary's right hand in ABC. They are truly convincing...(sarcasm)

1. profile image52

Also you make many other wild assumptions as well. Did I say in my statement that I was a Trump supporter? Typical. You also provided everyone with the fact that you don't know the difference between a constitutional republic and a mob rules democracy. I really haven't the time nor the patience to explain it to the extremely uneducated narrow minded sheep. I am no longer going to follow the thread. Your decided ignorance is distasteful.

6. colorfulone profile image78

Hillary Clinton's for-profit university problem
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/23/news/cl … niversity/

Colorfulone:  I read the whole article. After all the conspiracy theory in the body of the article, here is the conclusion.

Despite the lack of evidence of any legal or administrative violations involving the Clintons, Laureate and IYF, some government watchdogs say these types of arrangements create ethical challenges.
      "In this situation you have a huge network of connections compounded with a spouse's government work," said John Wonderlich, the director of the nonpartisan Sunlight Foundation. "You would think there would have been a serious discussion about whether this arrangement was appropriate."

I read it. I had to laugh when they asked why Bill Clinton was paid 17.6 million. 'Because he inspires the students' was the gist of the reply. What a bunch of bs.

Live to Learn:  You are right that is B.S., but who said it?  It was the head of the school.

The point?

Live to Learn:  Welcome to the world of unfettered capitalism at its finest!

Oh goodness. I think the problem I see is that it should, as the article suggested, create an ethical challenge. I've noticed with the Clinton's ethical challenges don't come into play when it comes to lining their pockets.

Live to Learn:  Let me put it another way.  Without laws and regulations, there is no way these people on both sides of the fence can be convicted.  The GOP mantra is remove laws and regulations.  They impede the flourishing of capitalism.  So this is the result on both sides of the fence.  Trump has his foundation as well, that has the same kind of connections as The Clinton's 

They say the purpose of less laws and regulations is because capitalism is self-regulating.  The financial meltdown was a good example of how it was self-regulating.  People defaulted on their loans and walked away from houses they couldn't afford while the fat cats at the top of the banks and loan companies took there huge commissions.  We even bailed them out with Tarp. Did anybody go to jail for fraud?  No because the laws and regulations had been removed.  Thus,  "welcome to the world of unfettered capitalism."  Isn't it grand?

So, who stand to benefit with the elimination of laws and regulations? It certainly is not the "man in the street"

credence2:  Yep you are right it is not the man on the street.  It's the big moneyed interest, the big corporations, and the lobbyists groups, including congressmen who stand to benefit from deregulation.  Don't get me wrong.  There should be a balance between common sense regulation and free market enterprise.  But removing regulations for the sake of making government smaller is ridiculous and never works for the man on the street.  The fact is, it is the nature  of government  to be self-nurturing and it will never get smaller no matter who is in power.

I have heard politicians say they want to remove the EPA, FDA, USDA, you name it they want to remove it.  I live in the Los Angeles area.  We were known for our terrible smog, but over the last few years, thanks to work of the EPA, we are almost smog free.  The FDA makes sure our food and drugs are safe for consumption.  The USDA controls the quality of agricultural products...You know the drill.

Trump has a foundation similar to Clinton's? Trump has never been a public official. If he gets elected, maintains the organization and benefits financially while rewarding donors with funds from our coffers I'll have the same opinion of him as the Clintons.

It fascinates me how politicians polarize us to the extent that many can't see the corruption is so wide spread that it has nothing to do with party affiliation. They are all bellied up to the collective barrel.

3. Sychophantastic profile image87
      Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Really, CNN is your source on Clinton's for-profit University problem? Seriously? CNN is a right-wing, corporate-owned rag.

7. Alternative Prime profile image59
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

Comrade Trump's TIEs & Close Relationship to Communist Russia and Criminals therein including "Felix Sater" a CONVICTED Fraudster are Well DOCUMENTED & Sooner or Later he will be INDICTED for his ANTI-American Treasonous Behavior which CONTINUEs to this VERY Day ~ sad

In case U haven't NOTICED, this IDIOTs ENTIRE Pseudo-Campaign is BASED Upon one Ridiculous Strategy ~ FALSELY Blame others for ALL the CRIMEs, Torts, & Deplorable BEHAVIOR u yourself have already COMMITTED & Insult the Intelligence of your FANz to the ULTIMATE Degree ~ sad ~ It's as SIMPLE as that ~ sad

"Pay 4 PLAY" ANYONE ??

MORON Donald Confessing his Long Deplorable HISTORY of "PAY 4 Play" ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4tHW9_bb08

8. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

For all who are politically Naïve  ,including the O.P.  Who do you want to run our country  because  Its really THIS  simple .  Someone who as an outsider promises change for the country mired in a political  black hole or one who has a proven record of her love for wall street , ivory tower socialist  ideology and an absolutely  proven record of doing absolutely nothing  in positive political performance ?

Hillary , as is proven  in record ,   is a continuation of  no change  , no progress , no results politically  . 
    The O.P. asked a important question that IS most important BUT  is it is in  ONE SIDED  vision .    Seriously  !

I am willing to overlook Trumps  campaign negativity and look forward to his first  term  BECAUSE ,"  I have been to the mountain and I have seen "   seen what ?   I have seen thirty five years of  Hillary Clinton's Mafia and her  illegal antics in politics , In YOUR country ! YOUR country !

ahorseback:  Wait until Trump has to go to trial for Trump University Fraud and the Trump Foundation in Florida where he paid off the Attorney General of Florida,Bondi, with 25 grand to stop the investigation in Florida of the Trump Foundation.  Talk about pay-to-play?

Hillary has been accused by the republican congress and Fox News as part of a witch hunt.  But your guy has hard evidence.  His investigation will be  in a court of law, not politically driven republican investigations that have been going on for 30 years, based on nothing more than accusations.

And as far as him being an outsider, it doesn't matter if he pledges the world, it will be up to congress to approve or disapprove his ideas and make them law.  This goes for Hillary as well.

With this election cycle, if congress ends up mostly republican, Hillary will have a hard time getting her bills passed,  If congress ends up democrat, Trump will have a hard time getting his bills passed.  God forbid, he uses executive orders and signing agreements like all other administrations.  Do you think your Orange Haired outsider would do that?  He would probable pay off congress, just like he does everybody else.

You and your supporters are being manipulated by him playing to your fantasies and you don't even know it.  He is a master salesman and marketing guy who lies through his teeth every time he opens his mouth.  "But that's O.K. he is an outsider.  His character really doesn't matter. Anything is better than Hillary."...Good luck my friend...and you call me naive.

9. Alternative Prime profile image59
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

Well Said Mike ~

AND LOOK who might actually be CHECKING into a Prison BEFORE "Delusional Donald"

Yup, his CLOSE Friend & Campaign "TRANSITION" Manager Chris "I KNEW NOTHING" Christie who Unfortunately Received DAMNING Detrimental Evidence yesterday which seems to PROVE the FACT that he was involved in a FELONY ~ sad

I guess all that "X-TREME Vetting" B.S. Donald BABBLEs about doesn't necessarily work on CLOSE FRIENDs who ACTUALLY LIVE HERE in the UNITED States & OWN a Social Security Number, DRIVERs License, REAL Property and a LIFETIME Pass to the LOCAL 24 HOUR Fitness which has been COLLECTING Dust for DECADEs !!!! ~ A "Paper-TRAIL" that even someone as SIMPLE-Minded as Donald could easily FOLLOW ~ sad sad

Well, at least in the near FUTURE, In-mate Chris #00001592 can HELP Donald "TRANSITION" from a Man-GIRDLE, Monthly Hair PLUG Replacements & Do it YOURSELF Orange SPRAY-Tan Lessons over to a "PRISON Cell" ~ sad

10. Michelle Bentley profile image83
    Michelle Bentleyposted 7 years ago

Why do I continue to support Donald Trump despite the negativity? It's simple - I agree with his views on this country and I like his ideas for change. Trumps lies? I have to laugh. They ALL lie! But given the choices here I have to go with Trump.

Hillary wants to control our guns even more than they already are. It's our Consititutional right to own a gun. Donald agrees with our 2nd Amendment right and so do I.

Hillary wants to allow more refugees into this country. Hell, we can't even feed our own people and we want to bring in more?  Donald wants to put up walls and stop inviting people to enter our country without knowing who they are and what they really want. I would feel safer with walls too.

Hillary is a career politcian. Donald is a businessman.

Hillary is evil. Donald is just a jerk.

These are some of the reasons why I continue to support Donald Trump. How this country will be run is my main priority. Let's stick to the issues. All the bull crap of he said/she said are only ways to sidetrack us on what's really important. Vote for who you believe the most in. Everything else is just crap.

1. profile image0

You said it best ",Hilary is evil , Donald  is a jerk .

Sadly , the followers of he most corrupt candidate  ever to live ,  are narrowed to a few states  - that can still redeem themselves by changing their  votes .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)