The Ecomony and Unemployment in this Country

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

A very complex situation. Companies sending, jobs overseas and massive layoffs is disheartening. But here's the situation, companies have one purpose in life and that is to make a profit - especially if it's a public company where they have to please the stockholders. To increase profits, any business owner(s)would find ways to decrease overhead, especially labor. When being bombarded by high business taxes, unions pressing for higher wages for employees, etc., of course companies will look elsewhere for cheaper labor. Why pay some person $20 an hour plus benefits, social security taxes, L&I, etc, where a person in India will do it for a flat $5 an hour?! This is nothing new; for instance Ford Motor Company has been using Mexican made auto parts for generations. I view this as one vicious cycle, which has been going on for generations. Then throw in technology where workers are replaced by a computer or robots that will pay for itself in a year or two and don’t call in sick.  With all this, all it will take is some little event like a slight recession to cause a massive trainwreck. What I described is a situation facing our country. What people are good at, is playing the blame game and not offering any solutions. My question is what can be done about it? What do you think?