If we knew the answer to that one we could do something to prevent it. Sadly I don't think there are any easy answers to this one, hence the variety of religions and government types and other social systems. When one doesn't work we try again, and again, and never quite get it, for whatever reason people do bad things they just do, and we cannot really ever hope to stop it.
An Old Testament Prophet observed; "The heart of man is exceedingly wicked." I'm thinking we come into this world naked, cold, and hungry. Immediately we begin demanding things, and when we don't get what we want, we resort to whatever activity fills our desire... some of us never change, some of us change a little, a very few of us change completely(or nearly so)
1) They don't realize the action is bad and don't know what makes something bad. (Something is bad when it is more destructive to constructive.)
2) Some know that something is bad but they don't care. They want what they want or they enjoy what they do, and consequences to others don't worry t hem.
3) They don't have any other option if they want to hang on to their lives, their friends and family, or their possessions. Young boys in central Africa have a choice. They can either join the bands of roving soldiers or be killed by them.
4) There is some evidence that certain brain chemistry, combined with certain genes, combined with a detrimental environment produces far more criminals than those without those three factors.
5) Other reasons that I do not know, and others do.
6) Other reasons that none of us know yet, may know in the future, or may never know.
by Firoz3 years ago
Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?
by Susannah Birch5 years ago
The world is full of conundrums and paradoxes. Case in point.We get told that we need to care for ourselves before we can care for others.Yet narcissism, selfishness and self centered behavior or even putting ourselves...
by darkinside6 years ago
why bad things hapen to good people.sure good things happen to bad also.but we can foeget that....severe problem is the bad happenings to good people....i recently read a bookhaving this title...can you speak...
by Susan Reid4 years ago
I deliberately didn't post this in the Religion forum:-)(although spiritual and anti-spiritual, serious and flip answers of all shapes/sizes welcome).Mostly just reaching out to see who might have personal experiences...
by Claire Evans2 years ago
I've found in my personal life that when I get my house blessed bad things seem to happen that makes things almost unbearable. It's a common motif on programs on hauntings. Why?
by belief7137 years ago
If you don't believe in God or religion or any of that stuff, I was just wondering, do you believe in spirits? God, bad, evil, etc?
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.