jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

bad things

1. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 5 years ago

why do people do bad things?

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If we knew the answer to that one we could do something to prevent it. Sadly I don't think there are any easy answers to this one, hence the variety of religions and government types and other social systems. When one doesn't work we try again, and again, and never quite get it, for whatever reason people do bad things they just do, and we cannot really ever hope to stop it.

1. fits3x100 profile image60
        fits3x100posted 5 years ago in reply to this

An Old Testament Prophet observed; "The heart of man is exceedingly wicked."  I'm thinking we come into this world naked, cold, and hungry. Immediately we begin demanding things, and when we don't get what we want, we resort to whatever activity fills our desire... some of us never change, some of us change a little, a very few of us change completely(or nearly so)

2. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some guesses:

1) They don't realize the action is bad and don't know what makes something bad. (Something is bad when it is more destructive to constructive.)

2) Some know that something is bad but they don't care. They want what they want or they enjoy what they do, and consequences to others don't worry t hem.

3) They don't have any other option if they want to hang on to their lives, their friends and family, or their possessions. Young boys in central Africa have a choice. They can either join the bands of roving soldiers or be killed by them.

4) There is some evidence that certain brain chemistry, combined with certain genes, combined with a detrimental environment produces far more criminals than those without those three factors.

5) Other reasons that I do not know, and others do.

6) Other reasons that none of us know yet, may know in the future, or may never know.