jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Cheney opens door to tighter gun restrictions

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

NBC, msnbc.com and news services
    updated 1/19/2011 12:05:42 PM ET 2011-01-19T17:05:42

Former Vice President Dick Cheney, a staunch gun advocate, says tighter weapons regulations might be "appropriate" to prevent another tragedy like the Arizona mass shootings that left six people dead and a congresswoman seriously wounded.

Cheney, an avid hunter, said he is "willing to listen to ideas" on how to better control the purchase and use of firearms.

"Whether or not there's some measure there in terms of limiting the size of the magazine that you can buy to go with a semiautomatic weapon weve had that in place before. Maybe its appropriate to re-establish that kind of thing, but I think you do have to be careful obviously," Cheney told NBC's Jamie Gangel, national correspondent for "TODAY."

"Were looking for ways to make sure this never happens again, but youve still got to go back to the fact that it looks like the cause of this particular tragedy was this one individual who apparently has very serious mental problems," Cheney said in the interview, parts of which aired Wednesday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41154929/ns … and_courts

well I can find something to agree with... wink

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When Cheny can control his gun then I will care what Cheny thinks of gun control.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Three paragraphs to say absolutely nothing.
    Why is Cheney even getting a platform on this issue?

3. Paul Wingert profile image78
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

Cheney should of been retired and dead a long time ago. Him and McCain.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image61
      BillyDRitchieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

More wishing death on your political opponents, Paul?  I though the left was all about tolerance and it was the right with all the death talk....