Rep. Peter King Wants Bin Laden Movie Investigation

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

WASHINGTON  The chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee sought an investigation Wednesday into the Obama administration's cooperation with award-winning filmmakers working on a movie about the hunt for Osama bin Laden.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., said too much information already has leaked out about the Navy SEALs raid that killed bin Laden in Pakistan in May, and Pentagon officials have cautioned against discussing details of the mission.

King asked the inspectors general of the CIA and Defense Department to determine what consultations occurred in the Obama administration about providing Hollywood with access to covert military operators and clandestine CIA officers.
    I saw this story on the news this morning and if it's true I am very disappointed that Obama would use this for political purposes

1. handymanbill profile image76
      handymanbillposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure Obama is worried about 2012. He will go to any means to get re-elected. So this movie is (from what i heard coming out right before election time) Hummmm. It does not matter who gets hurt. just that he gets re-elected. So well he isusing this. What a shame

2. bgamall profile image69
      bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe Peter King should investigate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeoeGb47olU

And this new story that shows the CIA was in contact with the 911 hijackers prior to 911!!!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 … harge.html

1. American View profile image60
        American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Another truther that has no clue. Maybe you should join Cynthia McKinney on her Bash the US tour while she visits Libya and Iran

1. Moderndayslave profile image61
          Moderndayslaveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Modern,

I never heard that story before. But I researched and he did indeed say that. Why is he the chairman of the House Homeland Security? What the hell is wrong with Congress?

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm disappointed too,  but not surprised.  He'd sell his soul for power and fame.  ...if he hasn't already....

4. American View profile image60

Stacie,

Should surprise no one. I just made $200 in bets. I bet several friends devoted to Obama that he cancelled his events of the day to go to Dover Air Force base(he did not cancel his 2 fund raisers that day) to meet the returning fallen soldiers. Now I am not against President who do that, Bush was there for most of them during his term. But Obama never went before. What was different this time? can you say campaigning? Now to my bet. I bet that despite all the closed to everyone event, a picture of Obama would surface. And Yesterday, it did !!!

5. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Peter King is hardly one who could accuse anybody of doing anything for political purposes. His Islamophobic hearings are hard to top in the political purposes league.

Not to mention his IRA support, how soon we forget.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image61
        uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Apparently you don't live in the real world where radical Islamists are active.  It is okay.  Perhaps you should read more of what s said by men like Dr. Zuhdi Jasser Amir Taheri and Whalid Phares - Muslims all.  Or perhaps some of the parents who came to testify, voluntarily, at King's hearings about the radicalization of their sons and their subsequent deaths.

Instead of vomiting the typical talking points perhaps you should expand your reading beyond Keith Ellison.  There are probably legitimate reasons a liberal can complain about King but this is one where the reality trumps the fantasy.  There are Radical Muslims plotting the deaths of non-Muslims, in the United States, now.

"There are Radical Muslims plotting the deaths of non-Muslims, in the United States, now." and where is this? Are you guys scared of every shadow you see?

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is true that radical Muslims are plotting the deaths of non-Muslims, in the United States, now, but Peter King's silly hearings will do nothing to prevent attacks and much to further animosity and hatred toward Americans.  Oh, and it wastes taxpayer time and money.

Our intelligence and law enforcement communities have it covered.  That's their job.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image61

They have it covered???

3/19/2002
              USA Tuscon, AZ
              A 60-year-old man is gunned down by Muslim snipers on a golf course.

5/27/2002
              USA Denton, TX
              Muslim snipers kill a man as he works in his yard.

7/4/2002
              USA Los Angeles, CA
              Muslim man pulls out a gun at the counter of an Israeli airline and kills two people.

9/5/2002
              USA Clinton, MD
              A 55-year-old pizzaria owner is shot six times in the back by Muslims at close range.

9/21/2002
              USA Montgomery, AL
              Muslim snipers shoot two women, killing one.

9/23/2002 USA Baton Rouge, LA
              A Korean mother is shot in the back by Muslim snipers.

10/2/2002 USA Wheaton, MD
              Muslim snipers gun down a program analyst in a store parking lot.

10/3/2002 USA Montgomery County, MD
              Muslim snipers kill three men and two women in separate attacks over a 15-hour period.

10/9/2002 USA Manassas, VA
              A man is killed by Muslim snipers while pumping gas two days after a 13-year-old is wounded by the same team.

10/11/2002 USA Fredericksburg, VA
              Another man is killed by Muslim snipers while pumping gas.

10/14/2002 USA Arlington, VA
              A woman is killed by Muslim snipers in a Home Depot parking lot.

10/22/2002 USA Aspen Hill, MD
              A bus driver is killed by Muslim snipers.

8/6/2003 USA Houston, TX
              After undergoing a religious revival, a Saudi college student slashes the throat of a Jewish student with a 4" butterfly knife, nearly decapitating the young man.
              12/2/2003 USA Chicago, IL
              A Muslim doctor deliberately allows a Jewish patient to die from an easily treatable condition.

4/13/2004 USA Raleigh, NC
              A Muslim man runs down five strangers with a car.

4/15/2004 USA Scottsville, NY
              In an honor killing, a Muslim father kills his wife and attacks his two daughters with a knife and hammer because he feared that they had been sexually molested.

6/16/2006 USA Baltimore, MD
              A 62-year-old Jewish moviegoer is shot to death by a Muslim gunman in an unprovoked terror attack.

6/25/2006 USA Denver, CO
              Saying that it was 'Allah's choice', a Muslim shoots four of his co-workers and a police officer.

7/28/2006 USA Seattle, WA
              An 'angry' Muslim-American uses a young girl as hostage to enter a local Jewish center, where he shoots six women, one of whom dies.

10/6/2006 USA Louisville, KY
              In an 'honor' attack, a Muslim man rapes and beats his estranged wife, leaving her for dead, then savagely murders their four children.

2/13/2007 USA Salt Lake City, UT
              A Muslim immigrant goes on a shooting rampage at a mall, targeting people buying Valentine's Day cards at a gift shop and killing five.

1/1/2008 USA Irving, TX
              A Muslim immigrant shoots his two daughters to death on concerns about their 'Western' lifestyle.

7/6/2008 USA Jonesboro, GA
              A devout Muslim strangles his 25-year-old daughter in an honor killing.

2/12/2009 USA Buffalo, NY
              The founder of a Muslim TV station beheads his wife in the hallway for seeking a divorce.

6/1/2009 USA Little Rock, AR
              A Muslim with 'religious motives' shoots a local soldier to death inside a recruiting center.

11/2/2009 USA Glendale, AZ
              A woman dies from injuries suffered when her father runs her down with a car for being too 'Westernized.'

(10-20-09) 11/5/2009 USA Ft. Hood, TX
              A Muslim psychiatrist guns down thirteen unarmed soldiers while yelling praises to Allah.

12/4/2009 USA Binghamton, NY
              A non-Muslim Islamic studies professor is stabbed to death by a Muslim grad student in revenge for 'persecuted' Muslims.

4/14/2010 USA Marquette Park, IL After quarrelling with his wife over Islamic dress, a Muslim convert shoots his family members to 'take them back to Allah' and out of the 'world of sinners'.

That list doesn't include the panty-bomber or the Time Square bomber.  Because they, despite their best efforts didn't kill anyone.

Heck of a job!!!

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66

You must be a fan of Jihad Watch. Where do you get your info? I could compile a longer list of non-Muslim terrorists, starting with Tim McVeigh, Scott Roeder, Jared Loughner and a whole string of fundamentalist Evangelicals, nativists, homophobes, racists, and other whack jobs who greatly outnumber the Muslims Peter King professes to be worried about.

1. profile image0
                  PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think this might be where he got the list.  I wonder why he didn't post a link?  lol

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages … ttacks.htm

What organizing principle or common contact existed for other domestic terrorists?  The radical Islamist has an organizing principle, the Koran and common contact with places and people who teach and foment this radicalism.  Alienating Muslims is less a risk from exposing the radicals in their communities than from ignoring this active threat and allowing more and more radicals to get to their sons and daughters.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66

I live 10 miles from the largest Islamic community in the US (Dearborn, Michigan). They are quite assimilated, and their leaders immediately deplore terrorist acts. There has been no evidence that they are trying to impose Sharia law on themselves, let alone on anyone else. They are simply trying to live peacefully with their Christian and Jewish neighbors, succeed in business and send their children to college. Fortunately, there are active Christian and Jewish groups who reach out to the Muslims. We are getting along just fine in Michigan without "help" from Islamophobes. On the other hand Tim McVeigh was a former member of the Michigan Militia and the Unibomber was a former U of Michigan student. And, more recently, a whackjob group that called themselves Hutaree was arrested for planning to ambush and kill policemen to start a revolution. The Klan and other hate groups are active in our fair state.

2. thebrucebeat profile image60
                thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

An even longer list can be compiled regarding white supremacist groups committing similar crimes.  That would be their unifying theme.
                I thought it was interesting that the list you used listed each individual crime that the sniper duo committed in the Maryland to Virginia corridor in a few weeks time.
                If a town had a serial killer operating that did ten crimes, and had two other murders in the same time period, would it be a reasonable description of that town to simply say there were twelve murders during that time?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66

True. King's hearings will just alienate Muslims who are loyal, assimilated Americans. They will be less inclined to cooperate with the FBI in identifying the few who are plotting or aiding terrorism.

Just as the Klan was active all over the country, at one time.  So there are radical Islamists active all over the country.  This is no more an indictment of Muslims than a war on the Klan by the FBI was an indictment of White Men.

1. handymanbill profile image76
              handymanbillposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You got that one right.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Ignorant, mad dog evangelical Christians are a much greater threat to our democratic American life than Islamic terrorists.

6. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Stacie, you should know by now that Obama will say or do anything to get reelected.  Remember how he promised transparency and no lobbyists, jobs, wonderful economy, blah, blah blah.  He'll use Osama, Seal Team 6 and anyone else he can because he knows he's sinking like a rock.  He is a user and a manipulator, not to mention incompetent.  I said it when he was elected, that he was the next Jimmy Carter.  Only Jimmy wasn't nearly as mean spirited and cruel as Obama.
      He lied to the American people the first time and he is doing it again.  There's a saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." Hopefully we won't be like the song says, "fooled again".

I like my saying better

Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice, not going to happen. Obama, you are outta  here!!

2. Moderndayslave profile image61
    Moderndayslaveposted 12 years ago

Every time this moron opens his mouth I want to puke. He's too worried about conflicting statements.
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/08/10 … isclosure/

1. bgamall profile image69
      bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You saw the article about the CIA and 911. The Republican party should cease to exist.

Yes, I read it. This country is a train wreck and I know because of treason some people should cease to exist.

2. American View profile image60

The Daily Beast. Now there is a credible source

3. Quilligrapher profile image74
        Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Gary.  Thanks for posting a link to The Daily Beast article.  The piece is very interesting. However, your statement above, it “shows the CIA was in contact with the 911 hijackers prior to 911!!”, is grossly untrue.

Amidst all the unsupported, conspiracy innuendo, there are only three statements in the article about the CIA and the two hijackers. “Clarke speculates—and readily admits he cannot prove—that the CIA withheld the information because the agency had been trying to recruit the terrorists, while they were living in Southern California under their own names, to work as CIA agents inside Al Qaeda.”  I read nothing here to support contact was ever made between the CIA and the terrorist.

The article goes on to say “The 9/11 Commission investigated widespread rumors in the intelligence community that the CIA tried to recruit the two terrorists—Clarke was not the first to suggest it—but the investigation revealed no evidence to support the rumors.” I read nothing here either to support your claim that contact was made between the CIA and the terrorist.

Finally, Clarke himself admits he fabricated his recruitment theory. “Clarke said his seemingly unlikely, even wild scenario — a bungled CIA terrorist-recruitment effort and a subsequent cover-up — was ‘the only conceivable reason that I’ve been able to come up with’ to explain why he and others at the White House were told nothing about the two terrorists until the day of the attacks.”

If, as you stated, your motivation is to prove “The Republican Party should cease to exist” then this article fails to deliver for you even when you misstate and misrepresent its contents.
        The article was still an interesting read and provides some food for thought.  Thanks again for posting it.

You are a patient and fair minded fellow.  I find it a real pleasure to know that gentlemen still exist, though I will never claim to be or be accused as one.

2. American View profile image60

Quill

Honest as always.

Always good to hear from you

3. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 12 years ago

I guess you Teabaggers are worried about the security aspect. After all, if any specific information is released, OBL might escape.

When the White House blocks a fishing expedition to try to drudge up dirt, you scream secrecy. If they release something that makes Obama look good, you just scream.

Where were your objections when Cheney outed a CIA agent in retaliation for a (truthful) report that made the White House look bad. That leak was illegal but OK.

Where are you sources?  A fishing trip? source, Cheney did the outing? show the source as we all know it was not him.

You miss the point. We lost 30 men because information keeps getting leaked to the medis. Do you think Al-Qaeda does not get it? They know from information leaked that we always respond to backup with air power. So they were waiting for that helicopter to come as they knew it would. It just happened that particular personel were on board, but it would have been shot down no matter who was on board.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you think Al Qaddafi shot down that helo by watching CNN? The irrational desperation of Teabaggers to blame everything on liberals and the media would be funny except for the damage being done.

Well I see you cannot show your sources but respond by using the lefts talking points. It seems you learned you information from CNN.  I guess its all the tea baggers fault, considering there were no tea baggers when the wars started.

What CIA agent did Cheney "out?"  Valerie Plame?  There is so much wrong with that entire story.  Her status with the CIA was not secret.  The source for the story about Plame was Richard Armitage not Cheney.  And Saddam was seeking Yellow Cake Uranium from Niger.  The U.S. forces found 1.77 metric tonnes of enriched( Yellow Cake) uranium in Iraq, according to the BBC.  The lie was the official report by Plame's husband, Joe Wilson.

http://www.factcheck.org/article222.html

Uncorrect

The left will never admit he lied or admit how he was sent in the first place

That is one of the reasons that I contend that no common ground exists between conservatives and liberals.

4. uncorrectedvision profile image61
    uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years ago

I cannot believe we are still naive about Obama and his political motivations.  You do know that SEAL team six was sent after Bin Laden with a "kill not capture" order.  Barrack Obama, "Hope and Change" becomes "The Man Who Got Bin Laden."

5. uncorrectedvision profile image61
    uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years ago

Maybe they do, but all of these were under Bush so they must have been faked.

http://www.heritage.org/research/report … since-9-11

6. Wizard Of Whimsy profile image59
    Wizard Of Whimsyposted 12 years ago

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/bsmeter.gif

"When people do not ignore what they should ignore, but ignore what they should not ignore, this is known as ignorance."

Chuang Tzu (c.360 BC - c. 275 BC)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)