jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Sexual Assault

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Why is it that there are no reported cases in the courts of women Sexually Assaulting a man or a boy? Women are just as prone to violent behaviour of a sexual nature as males.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A man is stronger. I cannot overpower a man. Unless he is drunk. I can hurt him, kill him, but unless I have a gun, what can I do? And most women are not violent by nature unless hungry and have their jewelry stolen. big_smile

2. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

In my experience there was 1 assault by a woman for say 100 by men. It seems to me that men are more likely to commit serious crimes than women.

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
      Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think the numbers of women prisons and those in them might adjust that number quite a bit.

3. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

I think you're mistaken. Female teacher/male student violations are in the news and in court pretty regularly. Several of them are being tried as assaults.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Male student is a boy not a man. It can be treated as an assault, but it is immaturity of both parties.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Underage sex (with one party underage) is considered 'rape' in the UK.

2. Daniel Carter profile image91

Your point may be completely accurate, but I don't think it's relevant to the question asked, is it? The question is "Why is it that there are no reported cases in the courts of women Sexually Assaulting a man or a boy?"

4. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

sorry, I am just basing my judgement in working in an english crown court for five years!- only ever had one lady on a sexual matter and she was proven innocent

1. Daniel Carter profile image91

I think on a more regional/local basis that your observations are probably accurate. Overall, I'm not so sure. It's hard to know without real numbers. But I do think it's documented that males are far more aggressive in violent behavior, overall.

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Even in the case of underage sex?

I suspect that a case of an underage girl sleeping with an overage lad is taken more seriously in our society than an overage lady sleeping with a 6 ft 4" rugby playing 15 year old.

And in that respect, those 'victims' would probably not be 'encouraged' by family to inform police in quite the same way that a female victim would.

There have been numerous cases of that in the UK media. That said, I suspect that sexual assaults by males are much more prevelant than sexual offences by females for two primary reasons:

1) Testosterone
      2) Physical strength

And you know what? I see women walking up to men all the time in clubs grabbing their crotch or similar, if a man were to walk up to a woman in a club and do that he would be arrested and charged within hours.

1. Tina Kachan profile image50
        Tina Kachanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The "grabbing" in the club happened to me on several occasions, no one got arrested. However, they did get a fat slap in the face from my part.
        No one "grabs" me and gets away with it big_smile

working