Practicing Muslim Woman Marries Jew

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (30 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image66
    AnnCeeposted 12 years ago

Despite specific prohibition in Koran.   How can that be?

1. DTR0005 profile image61
      DTR0005posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure there is a prohibition in the Qua'ran. Muslims can marry Christians - of that I am sure. I think it is defined is Islam that one must marry "someone of the Book." In other words, someone belonging to one of the Abrahamic faiths of which Judaism is one.

It is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman if she is Christian or Jewish, but it is not permissible for him to marry a non-Muslim woman who follows any religion other than these two. The evidence for that is the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Made lawful to you this day are At‑Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods, which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits)]. The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girlfriends”

[al-Maa'idah 5:4]

2. DTR0005 profile image61
      DTR0005posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman if she is Christian or Jewish, but it is not permissible for him to marry a non-Muslim woman who follows any religion other than these two. The evidence for that is the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Made lawful to you this day are At‑Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods, which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits)]. The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girlfriends”

[al-Maa'idah 5:4]

2. profile image0
    Valemanposted 12 years ago

Perhaps they have the ability to think for themselves, rather than feeling the need to obey an archaic law.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I dare say it happens all the time.  The Bible also says to do a bunch of stuff (stoning people to death for certain infractions etc) that people don't do any more.

4. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Couldn't you have titled it Jew Marries Practicing Muslim Woman, and have the same slur, errrahhh meaning?

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

In Israel, Bruit, etc... there are various sects of beliefs, Christian Muslim, Shiia, Sunni, Mennonite, Jews, Messianic Jews...on and on

Many interpretations,  and if you are there a short time you will see that  the modern educated ones do not live as they are under the Law.

The educated younger ones are not as strict. It is just like here in the US.  You have deep seeded hard core, and churches with a looser interpretation,. As the interpretations differ here in the US. It is the same there.

The More Modern and mixed the City is, the more variances. The problem is In some of the Arab states they cling to Old law.  To tightly control the people, they instill punishment mentality to keep all the same as status -quo, afraid to be different or free. That way they stay in Power.

The Terror groups also use it to incite chaos under the Guise of Islamic purity! It is all mind manipulation of the Population  in a fight for control.  Same in Northern Africa also.

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Which is why there is the Arab Spring.
        And why that includes Palestine,for the Arab Palestinians are most certainly "dodging thrown rocks and lynch mobs". And worse.

1. TMMason profile image61
          TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Arab spring is all about killing Jews and getting rid of Israel, European and American Leftist Anti-Semitism and Islamic Anti-Semitism on the rise again.

Anti-Semitism is the tie that has bound Europe and Islam for centuries now, and the American Left will willingly join in with what the hate, they love, also.

We se the truth.

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/amin_en.html

History has not forgotten you all... and it repeats itself often if we allow you all to do what you want.

I stand with Israel!

then you stand in never ending Blood bath!   Did God really ask us to Keep Israel for him?   He did not say America your in charge?  at least not in any bible I have read so far?

TM how long a time does it take for you to memorise what Beck says on his show, then repeate it!

2. dutchman1951 profile image60

agree Chris, very

5. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

Well I garauntee they won't be walking through any Muslim country hand in hand without dodging thrown rocks and lynch mobs.

But they could in Israel and America. See the difference... lol

TM you really need a plane ticket and a month touring Arab countries, ther is much more substance to those folks than you understand.

you need to learn.

I have already been there, Dutch. Maybe you do. South-east Asia also. Where do think I studied Islam... in my parlor on the news like most of you.

1. lovemychris profile image76
          lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So--when'd you live in Gaza? On the Arab side,that is.
          Why don't you go there and pretend to be a Palestinian...see how you like it there?

2. dutchman1951 profile image60

do not pull that garbage on me sir, I have the t-shirt;  17 years with the world bank in the mid east, and east Africa, from what I did see, and from your posts-  I am sorry sir but,  you are lost.

If your going to preach the hatred, push the Lobby cause, then at least get on a plane with a window first!

I was Southeast Asia also TM, but we, you and I did not have time for all the diplomatic stuff. Like you claim. At least I did not!  See, in the  Delta in 68-69, we kind of had our hands full?   

But you may not remember that working in the rear supply hut!

this speech, writing style,  you post is really starting to make me very angry, I am going to take a break here. Before I loose respect for you as a person. I do not want that.

As if you know who I am and what I have done in life. Get real. lol You all are quite the psychics. lol

I have been many places, first with the U.S. Military, then to study. You can brag all you want about what you think you know. But you do not know me.

Is that your game tonight.. you all just call whoever you want liars... what a joke.

it is a joke and we are laughing at this fake poision you post to take emphasis off a good man just because of his color.

the J Birch retirment home, must be saving you the penthouse appartment.

I am out of here.  this is not worth answering.

post your ackolades sir, might be interesting

Yes I will jump right to proving myself to you. Hurm... yes I will get right to that.

My knowledge of Islam speaks for itself, Dutch. As I said of all the Muslims on here, you do not see any run to challenge what I say of it. Which is unusual... don't you think? Considering how fanatically vicious they are in defending their faith. Yes, quite unusual, the deafening silence from them.

I know, and they know I know.

I will say this much, I studied under, Mahammad Hashim Kamali in Malaysia, for quite some time. So I am well aware of Islamic doctrine. Feel free to google him. He is quite a well known contemporary scholar of Islam.

As for the rest, I will not bother, I know how this ends. I speak, you call me a liar... same game you play all the time. I just watched you all play it in another thread. So, too bad. I won't bite. It is funny that that is all you can do though. I have seen no understanding of true Islamic doctrine spouted by yourself. Just the same old Leant Leftists apologetics you all spout.

As you said... not worth replying to.

yes,  it is not worth it, not any more, you just proved to me you do not understand that white space, silence, is not necessarly a sign of retreat or approval, or a victory for you!

this is sad.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would assume most people on this forum have or have had Muslim real life friends and colleagues just like I do (not just watched them on TV).  They are in pretty much every country and you will meet them if not avoiding them, and will know they are Muslim if even slightly observant. And many of the Muslims I do know are in mixed faith marriages and not experiencing huge problems because of it.

agree Psych.

6. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

Yes. It is sad that so many spout off about things they do not know. It takes up alot of my time to re-educate you all and overcome your apologist propaganda.

But I will continue on.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Example?  Because one thing you said in this thread is that we only know Muslim people from the TV, which is not true.

I am glad you know a couple Muslims, and I have stated over and over, there are always some, a small percentage in a populace, that are adverse to violence, and that is in all populations.

Also, before you go believing everything you are told by a muslim, -and I am not saying your friend is lying, they may be just wanting to speak in the best light possible for Islam, and are ignoring the abbrogating verses in the qu'ran-, you should understand the qu'ranic concept of "Tiqiyya and Kithman". Many of the Islamic scholars of the past have expounded in depth on it, and you should be able to find plenty of treatises on it by Islamic sources.

Just a suggestion.

1. Paul Wingert profile image59
          Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I could say more negative stuff about Christianity than I can Islam or any other religion. It was only a few years ago when this country "feared the black man". Now "fearing the muslim" seems to be the new in thing.

7. AnnCee profile image66
    AnnCeeposted 12 years ago

Apparently the marriage of Huma Adedin to Anthony Weiner raised quite a flap in the Muslim community. I suppose Bill Clinton performed the ceremony because they couldn't find an Imam who would do it. Maybe not a Rabbi either if they looked for one. Did Bill Clinton get one of those mail order ordinations or what?

http://www.12news.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/30_abedinweiner_lgl-300x264.jpg

Anyway, for those interested there is quite an intricate and academic debate on the subject of a Muslim woman marrying a non-Muslim man.

http://goatmilkblog.com/2010/08/25/musl … k-debates/

They cannot in any normal situation, but the Qu'ran excuses all violations of allah's law if it is for the advancement of Islam and the Ummah. And a marriage tie to get into our Govt would apply.

allah says... " all things are lawful to the muslim in times such as these" ie; warfare against the Dar Al'Harb (house of war), and the Dar Al'Islam (house of Islam), all things are legal for the muslim in that war against us, any non-muslims and thier countries are th house of war, or the house of the Harbis, -Harbi and Munaafiq Are the Jews and Christians-

Dar Al'Harb is called the house of war because islam and the Qu'ran, dictate war against the non-believers, Jews and Christians till the end of the world, or the world is converted, or subjected to the Jizyah, or slian and all spout, allah is the one true blah blah blah...

So wake up America.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)