jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Would it bother you?

1. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 5 years ago

Well, would it?

"Some eight million gallons of treated drinking water have been flushed down the drain in the US state of Oregon after a man urinated into a reservoir. Did such a vast amount of water have to be dumped?"

1. recommend1 profile image69
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is a simple issue of an incompetent official in a higher position than his intelligence requires, and running a pool of water is not demanding..

An open reservoir will get more bird crap per day, rats, rabbits, fox and dog pee than ever passing drunks could come up with.  There will be a number of dead and decomposing animals on the bottom and frogs and toads busily converting the insect life to poo in the water.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

... oh wait... "a water bureau official in Oregon's biggest city Portland"

... HA!

John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Of course Evan,no capitalist has ever been know to do anything stupid in the whole history of man have they!

2. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Why would I want to drink water that anyone peed in?

By the way isn't it gross negligence that someone would have access to this water so easily?

3. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

Just dont tell me....lol

It's the only way you'd ever know isn't it. No amount of testing would show up that degree of dilution.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image84
        CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

totally ridiculous the little elf and safety man gone overboard again!
        some people actually drink urine as benefical for health- oh dear better not go there

4. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

With all of the trace chemicals, drugs, lead and other contaminants known to be in municipal drinking water, I'd take my chances with a little pee in 8 million gallons over that. What a ridiculous decision. Plus, I would think the water from the reservoir doesn't go directly to the tap. Isn't it processed?

Well, strangely it seems as if in this case did go directly to tap. It didn't explain how they kept bird and animal poo out of the system though!

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I believe the total was TWENTY EIGHT MILLION GALLONS - at least that is what my Dallas Morning News states yesterday.

6. fit2day profile image82
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

There's worse things than urine floating in drinking water. There are millions upon millions of people in the world who would kill for the water that we urinate in.

That may sound odd to some, but water is a very precious thing and to treat it like it's nothing is just plain wrong.