What is something that really annoys you but doesn’t bother most people?
Wow!!! That annoys you??! ASK 4 water or carry a water bottle w/ U!! Gosh, what do U do with the BIG issues in life?? Talk about Nit-picking! Sheesh!
In restaurants it's a simple matter to ask your server to bring you water along with whatever else you're drinking. Most servers bring drinks while you peruse the menu. At home? Get your own.
They used to serve water with the menu, now you have to ask for it. Sometimes if I order coffee, they bring water also without asking for it.
nicci....With the possible exception of people I am really familiar with, it's not expected I would know what "annoys," most people. Human beings, despite our obvious similarities, are each a very unique individual. Not only do different things annoy some and not others, but individual reactions/responses are all quite varied.
There are degrees of annoyance as well, some, minor distractions and others, a source for severe displeasure.
Having said all this. I can easily think of a few things that throw me near the edge, that we may encounter during day to day activities.
When shopping, which at one time in my life, was a pleasure, these days, I'm grateful to get back to my car without having pulled every hair from my head.
Within seconds of entering a store, we must wrestle, pull & tug, just for a shopping cart that is permanently attached to the others. From there we attempt to make our way through hoards of other shoppers, who leave their cart directly in the middle of the aisle as they search the shelves, or worse, stand chatting.
If I'm lucky enough to find what I want, there is no price anywhere, nothing on the item, shelf or above. Brush this off and bravely go on. Advertised sale items are all sold out (within hours of opening) Trying to find a CSR in any aisle is an act of futility. Hang in there. Unable to find precisely what I was looking for, I settle for a reasonable facsimile. Head for the cash registers......
Scan the rows of customers in line to check out and choose one I believe will move smoothly. Stand in the lane just long enough to get boxed in by someone behind me, seconds before the cashier makes a mistake & needs a manager (wait) then the customer's card is denied (wait) then the customer must have items deducted from their bill (wait) then the customer challenges a price rung up = "Price Check" (Wait)....and as I glance to each side, I see every check out lane completely open and free of customers!
Finally finished, I head for my car. You guessed it. Self-inflicted issue. How do I repeatedly forget to make special note of my parking location? 7 more minutes pass as I wander aimlessly, while you just KNOW every person is smirking about the old lady who can't find her car. I am always tempted to scream out "OK....I suppose NONE OF YOU HAVE EVER FORGOTTEN WHERE YOU PARKED!!" I think better of it.
Am I annoyed?? Oh please, take a guess. I HATE it. Know what I absolutely love?.....Online shopping!
I so agree with you about the shopping. Laughed with you about the parking bc my problem was on the huge parking lot where I worked. I never remembered where I parked and tried to first look out the 4th fl. window to see it. Woe the days I forgot.
Don't get me started - Here's a few
1. People who feel compelled to lean on the handle of a shopping cart the entire time in a store, often sticking their rear end out into the flow of traffic. Geez, if you are so tired you can't even stand up, then don't come out to shop!
2. People who don't pay attention to their kids - I can't tell you how many times I've watched mom and dad hustle through airports and their kids are trailing behind by thirty feet or more.
3. Store employees who refer to the department that they work in as "theirs" such as saying "go to my lumber section and you'll find what you need." I always ask if they owned Home Depot, saying I thought it was publically traded.
I'm one of those people who leans on the shopping cart handle.Have 2 crushed discs in my back & kills me to stand/walk for very long. Instead of griping, thank God YOU don't have a bad back. I try to shop in wee hours when few other people are ab
OMG!! Au fait...I can't believe UR comment! I am currently seeing a physical therapist 2 days a week 4 severe small back pain that I've had now 4 nearly 6 mos.If it were not 4 shopping carts, someone else would have to do my shopping! Agreed!
C.E. we do too. If my hubby has his cane, I take the cart to lean on it. Beats using the electric cart. He has knee replacement & needs another. I have severe back pain from a bus rollover in 2006.
Ralph..I can assure U , I don't "lean" forward like a cripple & "stick my rear end into the flow of traffic."(My butt is little & cute! LOL) Actually, I rest both forearms across the handle, using pressure 2 divert weight from my back.
Poor Ralph..LOL 3 women jumped on him. Well girlfriends, I'll bet he's really glad he mentioned that little annoyance in his comment. Nice work, Ladies!! LOL
Paula, I'm short and my butt's a size 8 petite. Does that count? In Ralph's defense, I think he's talking about the plus size double wides. At least I hope so. LOL
LOL...MzB...you're a tiny TOT! Let's face it, those PLUS-PLUS-size Mamas don't even have to lean on their cart for their big fat A$$ES to get in the way! (Ouch,,,that was mean, Paula~Bad Girl!) LOL
Thanks, Girlfriend. I always hated being a shrimp (one nickname the guys gave me) while all the voluptuous gals got the guys, but I guess I got the last laugh. At least I'm not a double-wide and some of them are.
My pet peeve, and I've heard my friends complain about this, so it bothers only drivers and obviously not pedestrians:
People who walk behind my parked car at WalMart when the reverse lights indicate that I have the car shifted into reverse. I look both ways, the coast is clear so I start to back up, and then all of a sudden my rear camera shows a baby stroller pushed right into my path. Jeez people, you can see me and my reverse lights! Don't you know I can back into your baby and run over it! Do you think I have eyes in the back of my head? Or that I instinctively know you've stupidly walked behind me as I'm about to back out of the parking place?
Here are a few others:
1. People who put words in my mouth and then later try to use them against me.
2. Shopping carts that stick together. Why don't they make carts that don't hang up.
3. Drivers who zoom through parking lots and assume they always have the right of way.
4. The chip detector in the card reader doesn't work. Or it hasn't worked for weeks and I start to slide my card only to have the cashier tell me to use the chip slot.
5. It seems that no two stores use the same card readers, so they always work differently, and I'm having to be reminded of what to do next.
5. Traffic round-abouts. I hate 'em, but most people like them. Most of those in my area are too small and it makes them a potential danger. I've used some in larger cities that were big and not so crazy.
Few of the answers are really surprising.The things that annoy me are:
1) When people throw rubbish on the roads.
2) When people spit on the road, I cannot tolerate it.
3) When people come to my home and they don't make effort to make friends with my dogs. He he he. I know that's a weird thing that annoys me.
Nicci....UR #3...LOL....I guess U would like me! I pay more attention to my friend's dogs & cats than I do to them!! My friend Pat says 2 me, "STOP playing with my dog & talk to me!!" LOL
Nicci, re: the dog. That would annoy me too. One visitor brought her dog to my home. She asked if the dog could come in and I said "of course". She said that if I'd refused, she wouldn't have come in either.
MizBejabbers, you know once my friend visited me and she didn't make any effort from her side to even say "hello" to my dog. My dog kept barking at her all the time because he didn't get that friendly vibe from my friend.
Ladies..Very hard (almost impossible) to accept that their are people who just don't get all thrilled and excited over dogs & cats. My Dad always said, "Never trust a man who doesn't love a dog!" LOL Babies, puppies, kittens WHO can resist??
Nicci, my mom was allergic to cats and didn't care for them. My cats always made a beeline for her and insisted on sitting on her lap. They will get attention one way or another.
Paula, I'd have liked your Dad.
You asked.....& I will.....RESPOND:
The things that really annoy me that doesn't bother most people are:
(1) People who have children before they are educationally, emotionally, financially, & psychologically ready. Such people are mindless bordering upon idiocy. Why bring children up in impoverished & uncertain circumstances devoid of myriad opportunities? That puts me in a Hunnic rage!
(2) People who are happy being poor, even impoverished. Are they insane? Such people have an inverse, Luciferian logic which glorifies scarcity & struggle? Oh no, they find such a nobility in poverty. These are the dolts who are anti-achievement & anti-success, hating those who want to better themselves socioeconomically & educationally.
(3) People who have MORE children than they can emotionally, financially, & psychologically afford! Hunnic rage again! What are these people "thinking"? Oops, they aren't. They just breed w/o considering the consequences of their unintelligent actions.
(4) People who follow the crowd & go along w/the majority consensus. Can't these people think for themselves? Well, the lemmings apparently can't!
(5) People who follow familial customs although such customs were detrimental to their families & to them.
(6) People who still associate w/family although they have absolutely NOTHING IN COMMON w/them. Why? If one has nothing in common w/one's family, it is time to cut them off & find people whom one has a commonality with.
(7) People who are satisfied w/averageness. Oh d$#%m, why? This enrages me! Why be content w/being ordinary when there is so much potential to be utilized. Such people are dangerous because they can be dream-killers, even soul-destroyers for those who aspire to greatness. Also, such people lead gray lives although they have deluded themselves into believing that their "lives" are "fine"! Go figure!
I'll go with men who claim to have perfect marriages, with "never a harsh word between him and his spouse" and who are "deeply admired by their children" because of said "perfect marriage."
Because, if you believe that, I'm the queen of England. Marriage has it's up and downs. Anyone who claims never to have argued is so full of it.
In reality, such men are liars. One such man writes here and has even been warned by Hubpages for abusive behavior. Yet people remain in the dark. So strange.
I'm not talking about you, or anyone I follow. Just saying...
Yeah, guess I'm feeling a little feisty. What I mean to say is that I'm bugged when good people believe such obvious liars.
I absolutely hate it when people hint to me about marriage and children. And then when I tell them I'm not interested in either (apart from potentially adopting one day), they dismiss it as "You'll change your mind."
No I won't! I have been me for 23 years, and the only time I had it in my head that I would marry was when I was a child who thought I would HAVE to! And why is it so wrong of me to not want to have kids of my own when there are so many already waiting to be adopted?
Unfortunately, I get this a lot.
You're only 23 & people actually badger you about marriage & children??! Strange. They must B very miserable & you just look too happy to them!! LOL
Yup! Apparently I should be thinking about these things already.
by Jimmy 5 years ago
If you were allowed to bring in a tax for something that annoys you what would it be?I've a few to get you started:Drivers who block fuel pumps while they head into the fuel station to get shopping!When you hold a door open for someone and they don't thank you!Drivers that turn and don't...
by FelineFrance 8 years ago
She's very nice I guess. My family think she is a good person, which she is. But sometimes I honestly feel I can not express my honest feelings or opinions with her. Here is the problem, sometimes she will not allow me to finish explaining what I have say to before she steps in to correct me. It...
by Irfan 6 years ago
What specific habit of any person annoys you the most?For me its the noise when people eat with their mouth open. gets to me every time even though i've tried to get used to it... just cannot do it. I have to walk away.
by jacy albertson 7 years ago
What's a saying today, that you often hear other's say, that irritates the hell out of you?
by travelespresso 20 months ago
I'd be really interested to hear if you have any experience using this site. It seems really easy to use but is WIX a good long term solution for a small operation? I need a shopping cart.Thanks in advance!
by The British Way 8 years ago
What annoys you?There are many things that annoy me, and I'm not some miserable old git. Tell me and others what annoys you. I only ask that you don't moan about someone else's happiness.
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|