jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Right Wing Lies About Food Stamps.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago

If there was ever something I hated more than American mass media, then I don't know what it is.  Possibly Rothschild family banking...

Fox "news" is the single biggest and most noteworthy offender to all things true in this country, and it's such a clown show on that station now that it's offensive to me that anyone believes any single thing said there.

I suppose it does give Colbert and The Daily Show some awesomeness to work with though - for laughs.

But the crap I hear about the poor being lazy, unwilling to work, etc, etc, etc - is self serving, self righteous ego fodder of the highest order.

We must all eat to live, and there are horrific problems in the Food Stamp programs for sure....but then there are lies.

http://www.alternet.org/story/153159/4_ … age=entire

1. LookingForWalden profile image60
      LookingForWaldenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've had food stamps before.  I know the routine.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image87
    crazyhorsesghostposted 4 years ago

I work with the poor and homeless daily and the half truths and lies that are told by the mass media and places like Fox News are truly hurtful and the stories are not fully vetted before being put out as truth.

All kinds of myths are put out about people on food stamps. A single person gets at the most $200.00 in food stamps and there is no way you can feed yourself on that.

As I said in another post I see it every day. We give boxes of groceries out and have children hug cans of green beans because they know they will get to eat tonight.

We are preparing to feed several thousand people tomorrow. What if you had no Thanksgiving Meal to feed your children tomorrow. Its sad that the United States has deteriorated to the point where it is. A lot of Americans don't yet realize how bad things have gotten in this country but I fear they will. Because I think that things are only going to get worse until the people of the United States stand up to our so called Government and demand real change.

How can we even send one dime out of this country in foreign aid  when we have people here in the United States who need that aid. We have hungry people here in America and other than the Holiday Season they get no attention. What if you had to take your family and go sleep under a bridge tonight. 14.000 people in New Orleans will do that tonight. And across the United States more and more women and children are showing up at Homeless Shelters.

But yet people will continue to play their Democrat and Republican Games when the American People should be throwing all the bums out of office.