jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

McCain supports Romney and what got found to hurt him?

1. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

Apparently McCains research book, with all the mud on Romney has surfaced. This book was compiled when McCain was running against Romney for GOP Candidate. Will this hurt Romney?

1. Perspycacious profile image73
      Perspycaciousposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If any American files an honest tax return and pays the tax owed, is he to be criticized for doing so?  If you disagree with the way Washington, DC spends your tax dollars, are you going to wish you could just send more money to Washington?  Of course, not!  Mitt Romney is such a taxpayer.

1. Pcunix profile image88
        Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's not the point.

The point is that much of the income he receives may get special tax treatments and his wealth at least partially came from destroying jobs rather than creating them.

We could argue about whether he did more good or more evil overall and that's actually not a slam dunk either way, but his wealth and income are definitely legitimate subjects for someone who says he will create jobs.

2. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

Not among the GOP faithful, I imagine.

Just like the folks on the other side, if they don't like Romney, they'll hold their nose and vote for him because the hate any Democratic candidate automatically.

Those of us on the other side will do the same, voting for a weak Democrat who is virtually indistinguishable from the weak Republican represented by Romney.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image86
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Pcunix, I completely agree with you the GOP ,good ol boys, are pitiful and will follow Romney.  They will keep doing the same stupid stuff instead of what has worked in the past.
    Before there was Bush or Reagan there were the JFK tax cuts. In 1913, when the constitution was amended instituting income tax  the slogan was, "Income tax on the rich". Well rich is subjective. If you make more than two dollars a day you are rich somewhere in the world.  We need someone who will do what needs to be done and not just what is PC

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Umm, actually I don't think there is much substantive difference between Romney and Obama.    The reason I will vote Democratic is that I don't want the radical GOP fringe to gain more power and even a moderate GOP POTUS gives that to them.

Romney himself would likely do pretty much what Obama would - disregard all blather on both sides that says they are much different. 

As to what intelligent GOP voters will do, I hope that they realize the danger from the far Right also and will hold their noses as I will and elect the Democrat.