Trump now says McCain is no war hero: Please STFU!

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 9 years ago

Trump's outrages know no bounds, In this latest installment of the Right's Saturday Night Fights comes this story, the details of which are in the attached link.

While I don't agree with Senator McCain politically and find his approach to foreign policy a bit too beligerant for my tastes, I acknowledge his service and sacrifice during the Vietnam conflict as a plus in his column.

Here comes that Trump calling him a loser because he was "captured"? Never mind the fact that he endured torture and torment from the enemy, while Donald Trump was racking up deferments from the draft.

Everybody has been telling me that he is just another voice in the GOP chorus. I think that he has to be jettisoned by the GOP. Add in the Birther nonsense, the demand that the President furnish him with his transcripts;  all the kooky and dum-dum things that seem to part from his lips lately and on a regular basis, this is definitely Brand X

Yet the GOP leaders are too chicken hearted to confront the blowhard and dismiss him from their ranks. This is leadership?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr … 30835.html

1. Castlepaloma profile image78
      Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

He will loose much of the 60 million latino votes calling them mostly criminals. I'm sure he deserves a kick in balls for a other insane things he says.

Credence2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is just so much more hemlock for the GOP, would they have in on the rocks?

2. Paul Wingert profile image61
        Paul Wingertposted 9 years agoin reply to this

A draft dodging bankruptcy king called POWs losers and then goes on to  think he can make the US great again! What is he going to do? Declare bankruptcy and start over?

1. colorfulone profile image79
          colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

""The Donald," Is Right, McCain Is No War Hero!"
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-bIGUsHyA

JOHN McCAIN ~NO WAR HERO. INFOWARS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVEk409FT78

Scum!

2. GNelson profile image59
      GNelsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am not a fan of McCain but what happened to him in Vietnam made him a hell of a lot better than Trump.

Trump is a megaphone of hypocrisy and double standards. He could not measure up to McCain's drawers....

"So John McCain made sure that the Marines who died in Chattanooga would not be able to fire back and save lives when a Muslim terrorist attacked.

How’s THAT from a “war hero”?"  NOT EVEN CLOSE! 

http://toprightnews.com/just-one-month- … e-at-home/

Yeah, toprightnews. com, a balanced source?

We should have armed the grade school children and teacher against a homicidal maniac that killed students in Conn a couple of years ago.

The church goers  in Charleston should have been armed as suggested by the NRA only then could they have put down this Dylann Roof, right...

What is a war hero? He may have done nothing other than serve in Vietnam as a soldier, but that is more than his chief critic, Trump, has to contribute. If you want a credible and serious  debate lets not hear from rabid rightwing sources or Donald Trump, but instead from legitimate mainstream sources and veterans that served in the conflict and have a right to weigh in.

Before you so willingly drink of the rightwinger bile, perhaps you should read this article and find out WHY John MCCain is considered a hero.

http://theweek.com/articles/567934/dona … ohn-mccain

"In June John McCain Defeated a Move to Arm Our Solders at Recruiting Centers and Bases"
              http://www.publiusforum.com/2015/07/24/ … and-bases/

Listen to the audio of Heller.

The Liberal Media Is Not The Unbiased News Source It Should Be.

I have checked into Heller, but I would not be satisfied until I hear from John McCain as to why he opposed the legislation.

Regardless, whether his position is yea or nea on this bill, his status as a hero should not be affected by it. To suggest this is just so much rightwing rubbish.

So, I am going to believe rightwing news, instead? Hardly. I qualified my use of the liberal Salon web site when I created this thread, you said that they were biased. So do you think my opinion of rightwing information sites well off from the information highway, lurking in the seemy back alleys of public opinion are going to be positive? How do verify the accuracy of these rogue sources?

Veterans Today -  "Trump right about Hanoi John McCain"

"Why did McCain accuse American soldiers of war crimes during Vietnam? What did he get in return?"

Gee, McCain comes back a hero?
                    American Veterans come back hated.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/07/18 … hn-mccain/

3. wba108@yahoo.com profile image80
      wba108@yahoo.composted 9 years agoin reply to this

I personally don't like McCains views on many issues but Trump is being outrageous. As you mentioned, the one thing that should be above reproach is McCains military record, tortured at the "Hanoi Hilton" and refusing special treatment because of his famous father. Trump should not be taken seriously as a presidential candidate and should crawl on his hands and knee's to apologize to McCain and all other war veterans.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 9 years ago

Donald Trump  is a unmitigated  fool  , and idiot ,  a buffoon,  I always thought this but after reading abut this stupidity  !  I am now an actual  Trump hater.  WTF is a rich mans son  fool  doing being so popular in any arena  of our politics ?

This is exactly what's wrong with America , look up the definition of stupid - and there's his face .

3. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

Interesting YouTube video about McCain that a friend of mine found and posted on Facebook.

"John Mccain Exposed By Vietnam Vets And Pow's"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=10&v=4hr37eE0nO8

It sure brought back memories to watch it. 
    Thought someone else might be interested in seeing and hearing it as well.

Basically saying that McCain's experience in a PoW camp was kushy. The commies treated him like a prince and in addition, he ratted out his country in front of Commie TV Jane Fonda style, as a PoW. Some of them were his PoW mates. He didn't suffer a single ounce of torture as a PoW, but was treated as a guest.

The report also says McCain along w. John Kerry blocked committees to declassify the fates as to the PoWs who were unaccounted for after hostilities w. Vietnam seized.

I know where they are- so do u, and it's easy to see why McCain and Kerry blocked reports to make it official.

Why would US PoWs lie?

2. Credence2 profile image80

These are good questions and certainly can raises doubt. Who is responsible for the video, what is the source?

Second, Trump did not serve at all, he still is the last one that should be speaking about someone that served his country, while served he served his pocketbook.

McCain is being gracious through this...said he didn't think he was owed an apology by Trump.  I'm not at all concerned if he's a hero or not, makes no difference to me. 

It would be nice if Trump would focus on what is an issue...there's a lot to chose from.  I'm not mad at him either, he's still #1 in the Republican polls after what he said and has the support of veterans. 

I do like that Trump isn't hiding under being politically correct.  I would be surprised if he's elected.

But Colorfulone.

Trump is a racist, as the lightening rod for all birtherism stuff the last few years. I, too, would be surprised if he is elected. I can't support people who race bait before my very eyes. We will see how he fares with the 'politically correct' portion of the GOP and the public in general who would be as embarrased to vote for him as they would David Duke.

To say that "too many illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals" is racist? 

Come on!

I am coming on -with facts. I going to believe a Wall Street Journal article over the word coming out of Trumps mouth.

No one can say that the Wall Street Journal has a liberal bias, right?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-mythica … 1436916798

Now, that is funny!  smile

Sorry, I did not mean to have you dredge the article to make my point which is all responsible journalistic outlets hve provided stats that prove that immigrants are no more predisposed to criminal activity than the general population of native dwellers.  Trump has used the incident in California, regarding the murder of a young woman to use one criminal illegal immigrant to make a non-supported inference about all the others.

It is pure Trump and it is pure stupidity at its best.

What if I went around saying that all White folks have the mindset of Dylan Roof, would you not be alarmed?

So what is funny?

See!

4. profile image0

Anyone that truly looks into John McCains history realizes that there IS a certain element of Viet -vets that resent his celebrity  status in the arena of politics .   But in truth that is all  a negative field .   He is a hero ,  he didn't take Trumps sickeningly excuses for not serving at all , he served and suffered tremendously  ! Possibly  Beyond what you and I could have taken .

Donald trump is a hugely negative energy source  in America - AND there is what Americans should hate [ the quintessential prince   of corporate powers ] .   Not the  unerring sacrifice of a true  veteran !
    Donald trump should be banned from all sources of  media  representation ! Except he owns them  as in much  the idiocy of this American culture .

That one thing I did like about Trump. He did not trained to be a killer. Yet he sure blames others citizens for it.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Trump  took the soft  exemption from the draft for college and "bone spurs on his heels " , what a hero he is !

5. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 9 years ago

I am not a McCain fan by far. I also was not a fan of Trump leading up to this. He has diarrhea of the mouth, never knows when to shut up! These comments though were so ridiculous that they are actually disgusting and a disgrace! No matter my opinion on McCain, he fought for this country and is worthy of respect as a veteran.
    I'm with Lindsay Graham (who I'm also not a fan of) on this one. Trump is a Jackass!!!!

1. profile image0

You got it Peeps !

6. Castlepaloma profile image78
    Castlepalomaposted 9 years ago

Trump leads well ahead in the polls.

Happy I don't vote

That says a lot to me about the sort of people on the 'other side'. The Archie Bunker mentality of the typical rightwinger never really fades with the passing of time....

When Bush won,I had no idea there were so many white hicks, redneck,.and hillbillies living in the woods. Plus knew how to write X to vote.

7. profile image0

Sorry folks , but anyone that seriously considers Trump a true candidate  :  Needs a real course in  how to recognize stupidity !

8. profile image0

Real GOP people are embarrassed  by the moronity of Trump-isms !

Trumpism, then more corporatism, then more extremism for a long ways yet before crashing back down to keeping it real.  Too any Godism and not enough realism.

9. colorfulone profile image79

"Remember that “RACIST TRUMP”? He is leading in the Hispanic Vote!"
    http://www.crowsnestpolitics.com/2015/0 … anic-vote/

"Trump Leads Nevada Poll with Overwhelming Hispanic Support"
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases … 14592.html

Wow, this is so backwards.

2. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

These poll results determine nothing as the election nears. Just as Herman Cain was a front runner early on and fell drastically in the polls in the 2012 race resulting in Romney as the nominee, so shall Trump. He typically stirs up a hornets nest and when he surrounds himself with enough uproarious opposition he bows out.

1. profile image0

+ Exactly !

10. colorfulone profile image79

Wait till Trump gets a hold of this. He will get VA officials FIRED.

"Whistleblower: 34K Combat Vets Still Waiting for VA Benefits"
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/07/21/w … a-benefits

11. profile image0

Not to worry , Trump is no where near becoming a viable candidate  ,   he's just a rich guy who can buy his media time  .  The greater danger is that those who think he or anyone like him really   is a leader.  Americans are so naïve and becoming more so  !

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Something we agree on!

1. gmwilliams profile image82
        gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Trump is so vainglorious it isn't funny.  He is egotistical beyond compare.  Trump is a showperson just like Rush, enormous verbosity without any substantive substance.

2. profile image0

Hey we can agree on somethings ....can't we .....:-]

12. SonofKenny profile image61
    SonofKennyposted 9 years ago

Republicans are being pretty hypocritical here. They were gleeful as the Swiftboaters went after John Kerry in 2004, falsely characterizing his bravery in VietNam. They pulled the same shenanigans on Max Cleland and Tammy Duckworth. Now that one of their own is on the receiving end they are up in arms.

Thanks for weighin' in...

We have similar interests how about an article or two on the history of science, space exploration........

My primary area of interest is post Revolutionary War America encompassing the years 1787 through 1852 (era of the New Republic, Federal Era, Age of Jackson...too many names for the same time period).

I am also interested in the history of science, in particular its interaction and reaction to scientific discovery, as well as the history of space exploration.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)