Romney doing better than McCain was in 2008:

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls … today.html

I thought this was interesting, but I don't understand it. McCain was a hero and a "maverick" who worked a lot across the aisle. Does this mean that voters like Romney better, or does it mean that they like Obama less now than they did in 2008? Personally, I thought McCain was a better candidate than Romney, but apparently, I'm outnumbered. lol

P.S.  Maybe they like Ryan better than Palin?

1. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you are right about Palin being the thorn in McCains side. I talked with a lot of women who were hurt and offended by the Palin "trick" McCain tried to pull on the electorate. I also think that McCains self admitted weakness on how to deal with the reccession was a big stumbling block for him.

2. 50 Caliber profile image61
      50 Caliberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought at first Palin would swing the election. Then the media attacks on her came in like scud missiles, and I thought many were unfair and I still do.
      Butttt I think she is a ditz in reality now that I've had to listen to her blabber on about her stance, I don't like her that much these days as a possible anything in regards to helping a president post election short of holding the second key to a missile silo targeting Iran, I think she would be a cheer leader for taking them out prior to them taking out the multitude of targets as they finish the nukes they are building right now with obamas approval, my opinion, supported only by his willingness to attack America from with in, but not over looking the lack of Congressional opposition.

1. JSChams profile image61
        JSChamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Many people like me were only voting because of Sarah....just as I am so glad they got Paul Ryan to add some worth to Romney. These things get decided in both parties long before the primaries are really in full swing and it is sickening.

1. 50 Caliber profile image61

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but if it is something like "from the beginning they new they would put Romney and Ryan together on a ticket under the GOP to appose Obama then I get  the point that it's sick the way Americans are played like string-less guitars, then I have to agree with you all the way and wonder why America has yet to catch on to this game that is played in all aspects of government, I call much of them "False Flag" operations to push the vote or approval to where people think they thought of it themselves.

I think unfortunately there were main players.....and NO I Don't mean the flipping Koch brothers....who pushed him above all others. Not sure why they want to front a talking head but whatever....
            I was for Santorum but you can't have a real Conservative front the ticket anymore so......

3. woodamarc profile image43
      woodamarcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Politics, go figure.  The reasoning in popularity is often fickle.

2. JSChams profile image61
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

I don't think Romney is that much better. I think he made a smart move getting Paul Ryan. Smarter than Sarah Palin who was McCain's only hope.
    Add that to the fact there are a lot of disgruntled folks who voted for Barack four years ago who will not be doing so this time around.

3. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 11 years ago

Why do I keep thinking that the Republicans lost the election last time around, on purpose. In the debates, McCain appeared to be kind of a nut, all snarling, with lots of gnashing of the teeth. Maybe they told him to act like that (because he was "old" to look tough). Then, in his concession speech, McCain came off as intelligent, warm, and a real sensible guy. It confused me. I felt like I was watching a different person.
    (Hiya Dusty!)

Hiya Dolores, you keep thinking that because that's pretty much what they did, right before our eyes and we were not supposed to be smart enough to notice.

1. Teddletonmr profile image70
        Teddletonmrposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Will we really ever know what is going on behind the curtain? Let us face it, Sara was easy on the eyes however she couldn't make up for Mcains lack luster campain.

4. Teddletonmr profile image70
    Teddletonmrposted 11 years ago

Just asking smile
    Is it the entitlement mentalities that makes folks want to reelect Obama, or the hatred for anything Republican.

Your response makes me believe you are one of the folks who feels that Democrats are absolutely good and Republicans are absolutely evil.
      Right?

Nope, I just cannot for the life of me understand why folks choose to like Mr. Obama.
        After 4 years of Obama, I hope for change.

OK....my mistaken impression. We hope for it but I am not certain we will get it.

I feel your pain.

I think you captured it in a word "Pain" the pain of being lied to? or just being fooled? I read his two books and just before the election his 3rd. I voted for anyone but obama, because the truth was there for the finding and when I read the "Dreams of my Father" I found much reason to vote no.
              Respectfully,

Hey you weren't supposed to be influenced by his own words you know......

2. Teddletonmr profile image70

Obama's book Dreams of my Father should be required reading for every  american.
                How much of it is fact or fiction is not the question, the content speaks to the mans views period.sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)