jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Justice for Jerry?

1. lgbrown profile image60
    lgbrownposted 4 years ago

I was elated to find out the Jerry Sandusky verdict. He is without a doubt guilty and finally he will pay for his sick crimes. This man terrorized and hurt children not only physically but emotionally as well. He committed the most heinous crime of gaining the trust of these young boys and then abusing them in the worst way. It doesn't seem there could be enough jail time for Sandusky but a guilty verdict does seem like a start. What are your feelings on the verdict?

1. paxwill profile image80
      paxwillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, what a gross old man.  Ick ick ick.

2. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have been watching the thing closely, and I have been delighted that those people who did not report his crimes but were well aware of them, were also penalized, e.g. the president of Penn State fired, etc. In addition, while there is no doubt of his guilt, and I am pleased with the verdict, I think there are other things worth mentioning.

a) The number of other people who came forward, including his adopted son, to support the original accuser. It shows that people are beginning to speak up, and I think that's a wonderful thing.

b) The demand that the Boy's Scout open their records about the number of abused boys. I believe that this is a direct result of Jerry Sandusky's case because people are no longer cowering.

c) The exposure of priests in the Catholic Church also adds to the growing outrage that this is happening in a great many places.

I think, more and more, as this comes out into the open, people will not be so hesitant about saying something about this when it happens.

3. American View profile image60
      American Viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sentence him and send him to prison. Bubba is waiting to fill his dance card

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I was happy with the verdict.

3. lgbrown profile image60
    lgbrownposted 4 years ago

Thank you so much everyone for your thoughts on this matter. I really appreciate it.

4. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 4 years ago

People like him deserve death row!

5. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Unfortunately, there are people out there whose M.O. of child abuse is very similar to Jerry's.  These predators haven't been caught, and they continue to prey on the children for years.  It's a very sad cycle which creates victim after victim.  I was driving around today, and the radio reported Sandusky as claiming his innocence.  Criminals don't admit they are wrong. But they are sorry that they were caught.