What is the most irritating habit you find in people?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (37 posts)
  1. SakinaNasir53 profile image94
    SakinaNasir53posted 7 years ago

All of us are different in many ways. We all have different habits; which are both good and bad.
    I would like to ask, according to you what is the most irritating habit? Be it a kid, adult or an old person, anyone can have an irritating habit. I am just curious. ☺

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image46
      Ashish Dadgaaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Haha...very good question by the way smile

I hate when people pick their nose in public :p

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13221352_f248.jpg

SakinaNasir53posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah it's disgusting...

2. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

People who interrupt, shout others down, and change the subject.  I have a roommate in her 70s who does this, then wonders why no one has time for her.  She shacked with an 80 year old man for awhile, and left him when they argued and he threw a chair at the door.  She blamed him for everything, of course - but later, he told me over the place he had done that out of frustration because of this particular trait if hers.

Yep, very irritating indeed. These people just break the flow of conversation. Then you think, "What is the use of talking to such people? Why am I wasting my precious energy for him/her?" Seriously, this gets on my nerves too.
        Thank you Say Yes To Life for your comment. ☺

3. Ashish Dadgaa profile image46

@ Sakina,

Kindly Select who's answer is the best smile

@ Ashish,
        How to do that? Please tell me. ☺

2. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 7 years ago

One of the most irritating habits I find in people is when they post their threads in the wrong forum. Sorry, I couldn't resist it.

Umm, Jayne Lancer nice answer...are you by any way referring to me? Just asking...I am new here.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
        Jayne Lancerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm referring more to those who do it habitually. Your thread will probably be moved over by moderators to the Topical Forums. Look to the top of the left sidebar on the main forum page, and you'll see a button that will take you to the Topical Forums. Once you're there, you'll see a button in the same position to take you back to the HubPages Forums.

The different forums and their purposes are listed in the sidebar on both forum pages/interfaces.

Thank you for your reply Jayne. ☺

3. profile image53
    farooq haiderposted 7 years ago

when people considered that they remained alive foreever then they exert a lathal and  putrid behavior on the people but they forget that impetous time is just fleeting and not permanent on their llives------ mostly people helps the poor people
    we should be benedictioned on people

Yeah, you are right... thank you Farooq Haider for commenting. ☺

4. profile image52
    Shelbycatposted 7 years ago

I am most irritated by inconsiderate people who do not communicate,  leave you hanging. They make a "plan" with you, be it a meeting or you hired them to do a job or whatever.... then they just disappear and you have to hunt them down to ask them ---why --- why didn't you show? Why didn't you call and let me know you couldn't make it or were too busy to plan this? These people are unreliable. Irresponsible. Inconsiderate. A person is only as good as their word. If their word is no good, they are no good to me.

Yeah, I agree with you completely  Shelbycat. Inconsiderate people are a nuisance to society. Thank you for commenting. ☺

5. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

Funny you should ask this, I just got mad at someone on facebook, not mad at them, but in my mind, because they were saying how Halloween was 'evil' and should be banned. When I and others stated our opinion she got really annoyed and long story short told us in no uncertain terms that she believed in G-ds word and that was the only one that was right!

So......narrow mindedness where religion is concerned! lol!

Hi Nell Rose. ☺ I haven't seen or celebrated Halloween in real; but I have read about it and seen in movies. I find it pretty interesting. Thank you for commenting.

1. Kiss andTales profile image59
        Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Some times the real truth has its own weight in gold !
        People find out what is really behind the meaning of certain celebrations , which has to do with the day of the dead , in turn it was established centuries ago because of the flood in Noahs day
        Destroyed any human or hybrid ( Nephelim) outside the Ark. Their Fathers which were Demon Angels left their fleshly bodies return to heaven.
        But they watched their children born of human women die in the flood.
        The point is it is a Holloween is the principle meaning .
        When people celebrate this Holiday they are sharers and supporters of the Demons and their off spring who died in the flood.
        If they died in the flood , then what judgment are we creating for ourself in the next clean up of earths affairs under King Jesus !
        If it really means anything to you personally ,
        It definitely means something to King Jesus !

I am not a Christian nor I know the actual meaning of Halloween. I do not know what to reply back...
          Thanks for commenting Kiss and Tales. ☺

You are most welcome.
            We have in this world a variety of people that believe many things, In this case the truth of the matter people who celebrate Holloween are really not Christian either, because if they were genuine they would never do anything intentionally against our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus.
            So really the celebrating is unchristain .

Oh! Didn't know this either...
              Thank for your valuable comments. ☺ God bless you!

2. Glenis Rix profile image97
            Glenis Rixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Halloween is the night before the Christian service of  All Souls, when in olden days people went to Church to pray for the souls of the departed. It has evolved into a myth that it is the evening on which the ghosts of the dead walk. It is why children nowadays dress up in scary costumes and pester neighbours for sweet treats - though I doubt that many of them know the meaning of All Souls 'een (ie. evening).

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image46

@ Ms. Rix,

Very nicely and correctly you have explained.
              Applause fo you smile

1. Glenis Rix profile image97
                Glenis Rixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you wink

2. SakinaNasir53 profile image94

Thank you Glenis Rix for your valuable comments. ☺

True as said souls that departed during the flood.
                The date celabrated is the same date of the flood
                That wiped off a wicked population of people.

6. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 7 years ago

People who finish your sentences really piss me off;even Worse are people who finish your sentences...And They're WRONG!
    With people like that I usually look for opportunities to urinate on their family photos...I know it's childish but it Is satisfying...try it and you'll agree...

Yeah, I agree with you cheaptrick.
      Thanks for your comment. ☺

7. Glenis Rix profile image97
    Glenis Rixposted 7 years ago

Perhaps the question could be reversed to  ' what do people find irritating about me' ? Then we could all mend our ways and nobody would irritate anyone.

Yeah, I thought of including "yourself" in the question along with "people". But I didn't have enough characters to write it.

May be you could make a forum with the question you have mentioned above. Surely, there would be interesting answers to that.

Nice suggestion Glenis Rix. Thank you for commenting. ☺

2. profile image0
      RTalloniposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Great reply!

8. Cricrinel profile image61
    Cricrinelposted 7 years ago

In my opinion, the most irritating habits are firstly to interrupt a person who is talking and secondly to be curious about others lives. The first point is quite annoying because I believe that when a person interrupts you while you are talking, this means that he/she does not listen actively but just prepare a contradiction. Also curiosity about others lives means that a person does not know what he/she wants from his/her life, therefore he/she cares about what others are doing in order to compare himself/herself. Additionally, people who are curious they tend to feel insecure  and they need to prove to themselves and to others that they are better than someone else.

You are absolutely right Cricrinel. Thanks for sharing your valuable comments. ☺
      Welcome to HubPages and good luck!

1. Cricrinel profile image61
        Cricrinelposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for welcoming me and my thoughts! smile I look forward to new discussions.

You are most welcome! ☺

9. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 7 years ago

The most I find annoying  is prejudement. Making allegations that do not apply to the person or subject.
    And trying to get people to follow in unfair judgement.
    What it all turns into is a big frabrigated lie.  And what you will find is that people who claim to be christains are the main
    Culprits .
    So now I know exactly how Jesus felt when his own who knew the word of God tried to condemn him with it for their own selfish reasons.
    The point is this exist and it is a sad ending .
    Good question .

Yeah, false allegations cause sadness and anger too.
      Thanks for sharing your valuable comments. ☺

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)