jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why Do 'PIMPS" do the serve the prison time?????

1. jcv profile image60
    jcvposted 7 years ago

In my recent experience I "pimp" was taken from his family and out behind bars to serve many years in prison when the Hoe wascut loose with a clean record just to tesitfy agansit the "pimp" why is it ok for her to be cut loose when she is the one doing all the "work"

1. 0
      Ghost32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

A few aspects to this:

1.  He's management, she's labor.

2.  She's the one who cut the deal with the authorities.

3.  It's "classic" law enforcement practice to "help out" the minnow to net the five pound bass.  (Well, Mr. Pimp ain't no whale, but he's at least one up from the minnow.)

4.  If the pimp, in turn, could have (and was willing to) roll over on, say, a major drug dealer, then he might have been cut loose with a clean record as well.  Might not have lived all that long, but hey.

2. dejajolie profile image60
      dejajolieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is this real.... BTW it was hard to read due to the misspellings and grammar.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Did a prostitute do something bad to you? You seem to be all out for punishing them. This is your third thread about this.

If it was the only way to get this pimp off the street then having the woman testify against him was the way to go. People are often given immunity for that reason. Pimps usually run their businesses through intimidation and violence, hardly not doing any of the "work".

If prostitution was made legal it would eliminate all these problems associated with it.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah i have to agree with that.  even though the prostitute did do something wrong by being in that position in the first place, that still doesn't diminish the fact that the pimp is still responsible for all this. 

even one of my friends, i won't say her name for privacy issues.  however, her ex bf blackmailed her and intimidated her into prostitution.  she didn't want to do it, but her pimp intimidated her into doing it on a constant basis.  not to say that this prostitute was in the same predicament as my friend.  however, all im saying is if she was forced into that lifestyle by him, then i think its great that she is finally seeking justice for it.

3. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

UW, gives new meaning to hell hat no fury huh? LOL Maybe she should read the Karma thread too.

4. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I, personally, am not a fan of prostitution; but if a woman is going to be a prostitute and the one with "whatever" it is she has to sell, she ought to be doing it through her own choice, without intimidation or other "encouragement" or "incentives", and without sharing what she makes with someone who doesn't do the same "work" she does.  Someone who makes his (or her) money by skimming (or taking all or most) of the money from someone who does such lousy "work" is a whole other level of scummy.  The reason people see pimps as worse is that they exploit the prostitutes. 

The pimp's family is better off without him.  No family members (especially any children or his parents) need to have someone that lacking in character and decency around to be their problem.  By exploiting women in the way he has for money, he has, as they say, "made his own bed" (when it comes to years in prison).  For once in the life of his scummy "career" it's time he be the one to sleep in it.  I'd say the legal system has it right with this one.