jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (22 posts)

What's the best wedding you've ever been to?

1. 0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

Mine was the wedding of my closest friend - when my husband and I were the only guests. Afterwards we all went for a lovely lunch at a very nice hotel - and then back to their house for some wedding cake.  No family arguments, no bitchy comments over the bride's dress, no need to dress up, no tensions.  Good food, great company and lively conversation - bliss!

1. RNMSN profile image89
      RNMSNposted 6 years ago in reply to this

my hubby and mine lol...married by the udertaker/jop bisbee az honeymoomed i the stronghold/thats cochise outside Tombstone

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't say it the best wedding I have ever been to, but was the best experience I had at a wedding.

My sister was married, the day before my 21st birthday, and I gave her away, in place of my father who had passed away before the marriage was to take place. smile

1. 0
      Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Special indeed!

3. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

My son and daughter were both married last year. It was the most expensive, wonderful celebration of my life, next to the day they were each born.

1. 0

That one sentence just oozes with love.  Your children are very lucky in their father.

4. 0
    Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago

Mine!  My feller and me ran off to Shri Lanka and got married.  We had a beautiful Buddhist wedding with temple drummers, dancers and the star of the day - the temple elephant Morica.  She held my waist with her trunk and kept placing the tip of her trunk in my hand to reassure me.  We left the arguing relatives behind and made it a day all about us.  Truly magical, I could recommend this special day to anyone.

1. 0

Lucky you.  Mine was so horrendous - I always advise people to go off and do it by themselves.

5. Harvey Stelman profile image59
    Harvey Stelmanposted 6 years ago

Doing the maid of honor. It started with me under her hoop dress with people around. It was an ugly dress.

6. Whitney05 profile image69
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Beach wedding. It was so simple with close friends and family. The only reason it was the best was because if the couple would have gotten married any other way, it wouldn't have been the right wedding for them and it just wouldn't have been right.

7. Sunny_S profile image60
    Sunny_Sposted 6 years ago

My cousins wedding where he had a chocolate fountain, but everyone elses weddings sound so much better. A beach wedding would probably be the best by far.

8. AWP profile image61
    AWPposted 6 years ago

Definitely Mine!! Mainly because of the wedding theme  - the blue shoes - and the fact that I was really proud of the way that everything came out. We also had a really nice band and the food was delicious. And the fireworks were amazing!! I just loved it.

1. Isela profile image61
      Iselaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Beach wedding of a close friend in Ixtapa, Mexico. Sunset, great friends, great food and music. It was lovely!

9. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 6 years ago

The best wedding I've ever been to?  Let me think.  Why ALL 5 of my own of course. LOL!

10. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

my wedding was the best...

I got to sleep with the bride!

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
      Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ahem.....sorry about this but I really should've owned up earlier.

11. Fashion Conscious profile image59
    Fashion Consciousposted 6 years ago

It was a beach wedding at one of the world's beautiful beaches - Boracay. It's in Shangrila Boracay Resort. Great resort facilities. A huge resort with two beach fronts. Food was superb and the lavish fireworks were amazing.

12. Onusonus profile image88
    Onusonusposted 6 years ago

At my own wedding we went to a temple in Seattle and were sealed together for eternity. The two of us were granted a family bond that would last throughout this life and into the next. It was inexpensive and simple, and it was the best experience I've ever had.

13. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 6 years ago

My own wedding; just me, my wife, and two witnesses I hardly knew. BTW, we're divorced now.

14. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

my youngest daughters-it was outdoors, by the lake. A beautiful ceremony; weather was great; and lots of fun with family and friends.

15. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

mine. it had a shotgun.

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
      Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

and can I have it back please...