jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

Honest opinion guys?

1. 0
    Emily Sparksposted 4 years ago

How would you feel if you girlfriend often felt sick because of a health issue?  I have ibs and I often feel bad, and I always have to careful what I eat.  My boyfriend says he understands, and he is very caring when I am sick, but do you think he is getting tired of it?
      Would you date and possibly marry a girl who gets sick at times?  We have a strong relationship, and he has done nothing to make me doubt his sincerity, but how would you feel if you were him?  Would you have doubts about marriage?  (It is not a life threatening disease or anything)

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sweetheart, if he has stuck by through thick and thin until now, he loves you.

Until he says otherwise, or acts otherwise, you enjoy every minute of your time with him.

And if you two are suited and stick together till the end of time, then you've won a watch! (so the expression goes).

Cast your self-doubts aside, because that is what they are..self-doubts. You're maybe thinking this guy can't possibly care about you because you have health issues, but he does, you know.

He cares about you, he loves you, he is staying with you.

1. 0
        Emily Sparksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thankyou, your answer was very reassuring!

2. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with the wise (but sad) purple bird!

1. 0

2. mom101 profile image61
      mom101posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey emily, just a note.Ibs is often triggered by worrying. If you are worried or feel anxious, water can bring on an attack.

I have had to deal with this too. I sat down, had a talk with self and made an agreement. Now, when I feel myself beginning to feel anxious or worry, I change courses. I stop. I do something. I make myself stop. Oh it takes a lot of deep breaths and sighs, but it does get easier.

Worry. What does it change? Nothing. Period. Waste of time. It only causes or adds to health conditions.

Find something will help your nerves and stop worrying so much and that ibs will improve.

Good luck.

1. 0

Thanks for the tips, that explains some things for me!

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

You'll never know the future, so don't let maybes of tomorrow poison your todays. If you have no reason to doubt him, don't. Enjoy him. The rest is why Fate doesn't all unfold in a single moment.

1. 0

Thanks, I will try to take your advice.

3. 0
    GirgisAgeebposted 4 years ago

Believe me when i say that if you really got a strong relationship and there is a true love between both of you so he will never look to that and he is feeling great just to be next to you love is some thing great and some thing that can delete any thing unclear it

1. 0

Thankyou so much for your answer!  I appeciate it!

1. 0
        GirgisAgeebposted 4 years ago in reply to this

most welcome and looking forward to read a hub from you

4. ShawnB2011 profile image60
    ShawnB2011posted 4 years ago

I will be the bad guy here and say that I personally had a long relationship with a girl that was constantly feeling ill. There's no sugar coating it here, I loved her but damn, it irritated the hell out of me. I didn't leave her because of it though. Something I dealt with for many years but I can't lie and say that it didn't strain the relationship a little bit. I was fine and healthy and wanted to go and do things when she often was too sick for one reason or other (non life threatening)and she would just want to stay inside all day or if we did go out while she was ill it wasn't much fun for either one of us.

But, the love I had for her kept me around so it was all good and would suspect that your man feels the same and you have nothing to worry about! Good luck and don't worry about it! Cheers!

1. 0

I do not believe you are the bad guy in saying what you did.  Remember, I asked for your honest opinion, and how you would feel.  I want to hear both the good and the bad about it.  Thankyou for your answer, I will keeep it in mind:)

5. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 4 years ago

stick with him.  Just imagine, you may get well one day, then he could leave you for a sick chick..... He may like being the well one.....

what am i talking about,

1. 0

Hahaha.......I will stick with him....however, I do not think he would leave me for another sick person:)

1. 0

Or for any other person for that matter......