Islam: A View of End Times Prophecy
Islam in End Times Bible Prophecy 1
Islam in End Time Bible Prophecy 2
Islam in End Time Bible Prophecy 3
This article is a presentation of information about Islam that was discussed and presented by a former pastor of mine, Dr. David MacAlpin.
This article is not meant to be anything other than informational and is intended to present verifiable information. It is understood that everyone has an opinion and certain beliefs and that each persons view on this subject is subject to their environment, upbringing and personal belief system. This information presented is however verifiable, but most certainly open to interpretation.This article presents information that falls into my belief system. You can take it or leave it.
First, a few "fast facts" to know about Islam:
1. It is the youngest of world religions: Founded by Mohammed (570-632).
2. Mohammed had many wives, the youngest was 6 when she was betrothed and 9 when the marriage was consummated. It should be noted that Mohammed changed the Islamic law in order to allow his sexual desires and make himself exempt.
3. Islam's expansion is mainly through military conquest.
4. Authoritative documents: The Koran and the Hadith (writings and sayings of Mohammed)
5. Their basic belief:
- God is One
- Mohammed was His greatest prophet
- Salvation is by doing good works
- Mans duties: The 5 Pillars of Islam
6. Two main groups within Islam: Sunnis and Shi'ites.
7. Within Islam there is no separation of religion and state.
8. No allowance for freedom of religion, speech, etc.
9. Islamic terrorism is a 20th & 21st century phenomenon.
10. 3 Groups now make up the Islamic Terrorist Network:
Islams fundamental teachings set the stage for violence, intolerance, hatred and oppression.
One must remember that Muslims are NOT our enemies... the religion of Islam IS. Satan IS! This is very akin to loving the sinner, not the sin. Writing off a Muslim simply because they are Muslim is NOT what Christ would have us do. We should attempt to evangelize to them. Unfortunately it is is easier to consider them an enemy than to evangelize to them.
Islam never has and never will promote democracy and basic human rights (Surah 3:85 - If anyone desires a religion other than Islam it will never be accepted of him. )
And then there is the comparison between Mohammed and Jesus, which when you put their deeds and teachings side by side is rather telling.
Mohammed would have you conquer and kill your enemies, Jesus tells us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us (Matthew 5:44)
Another interesting parallel is how Islams anticipated "Mahdi" (the prophesied redeemer of Islam who will stay on earth seven years before the coming of the day) and the Bibles "Man of Lawlessness" or "Beast" are eerily similar. None of these facts are disputed, in fact, they are very well documented and published by Islamic experts.
Let's put 12 examples of the Mahdi's similarities together with what the Bible has to say about the Beast.
1. Mahdi emerges after a period of great suffering and turmoil on earth: "AFTER the lesser signs of the Hour appear and increase, mankind will have reached a stage of great suffering. Then the awaited Mahdi will appear; he is the first of the greater, and clear, signs of the Hour." Ibn Kathir - The Signs Before The Day of Judgement.
2 Thessalonians 2:6-8; And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.
2. Mahdi able to do miracles; will give away great wealth. Deeply loved.:"In the last days of my Ummah [universal Islamic community], the Mahdi will appear. Allah will give him power over the wind and the rain and the earth will bring forth it's foliage. He will give away wealth profusely, flocks will be in abundance, and the Ummah will be large and honored...". Sahih Hakim Mustadrak as quoted by Kabbani, p.233 .
2 Thessalonians 2:9; The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders.
3. Mahdi will appear riding on a white horse.: Whether this is literal or symbolic is hard to say, but it is interesting that this tradition is based on Muslim interpretation of Christian Scriptures. "It is clear that this man (referring to the white horse rider in The Book of Revelations) is the Mahdi who will ride the white horse and judge by the Koran (with justice) and with whom will be men with marks of prostration on their foreheads." Muhammed Ibn 'Izzat and Muhammed 'Arif, Al Mahdi and the End of Times.
Revelation 6:2;I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
4. Mahdi's ascendancy to power coincides with the mediating of 7 year peace treaty involving 3 parties: "Romans" (westerners), Arabs and Jews.:Rasulullah [Muhammad] said: "There will be four peace agreements between you and the Romans [Christians]. The fourth agreement will be mediated through a person who will be from the progeny of Hadrat Haroon [Honorable Aaron - Moses brother] and will be upheld for seven years." Tabarani, as related by Hadrat Abu Umamah, as quoted by Zuair Ali
Daniel 9:27 ; He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.'
5. Mahdi's goal is to establish a new Islamic world order throughout the entire world.:He will reappear on the appointed day, and then he will fight against the forces of eveil, lead a world reveolution and set up a new world order based on justice, righteousness, and virtue...ultimately the righteous will take the world administration in their hands and Islam will be victorious over all the religions. Sideeque M.A. Veliankode, Doomsday Portents and Prophecies
Revelation 13:7; And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation .
6. Length of reign on earth will be 7 years.: The Prophet said: The Mahdi... will fill the earth with equity and justice as it was filled with oppression and tyranny, and he will rule for seven years. Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 36, Number 4273, Ummul Mu'minin
Daniel 9:24-27; "Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy.
"Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.
7. Means to achieve world revolution and new world order: multiple military campaigns: jihad (holy wars).: Al-Mahdi will receive a pledge of allegiance as a caliph for Muslims. He will lead Muslims in many battles of jihad. His reign will be a caliphate that follows the guidance of the Prophet. Many battles will ensue between Muslims and the disbelievers during the Mahdi's reign. Sideeque M.A. Veliankode, Doomsday Portents and Prophecies
Revelation 6:3-4; When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.
8. Mahdi will establish one world religion: Cause Islam to be only religion practiced on earth.: The Mahdi is believed to be a future Muslim world leader who will not only rule over the Islamic world but also the non-Muslim world as well. "The Mahdi will establish right and justice in the world and eliminate evil and corruption. He will fight against the enemies of the Muslims who would be victorious." Sideeque M.A. Veliankode, Doomsday Portents and Prophecies
Revelation 13:8; All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.
9. Mahdi will especially target Jews and Christians for conversion; if not they will be executed.: The Mahdi will offer the religion of Islam to the Jews and Christians; if they accept it they will be spared, otherwise they will be killed. Izzat and Arif, p.16
Revelation 12:17; And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.
10. Islams punishment for those rejecting Islam: Decapitation.: (Remember) when your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them. This is because they acted adversely to Allah and His Apostle (Mohammed); and whoever acts adversely to Allah and His Apostle - then surely Allah is sever in requiting (evil).Suar Al-Anfal 8:12-13
Revelation 20:4; I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
11. Mahdi will conquer Israel, slaughter all Jews; Jerusalem becomes location of Mahdi's rule on earth.: Rasulullah [Muhammad] said: "Armies carrying black flags will come from Khurasan. No power will be able to stop them and they will finally reach Ela (Baitul Maqdas in Jerusalem) where they will erect their flags." It is important to note the reference to Baitul Maqdas. In Arabic this means "the holy house". This is reffering to the Dome of the Rock Mosque and is located on the TempleMount in Jerusalem. Tirmidhi as quoted by Mohammed Ali ibn Zubair Ali, Signs of Qiyamah
Zechariah 14:2; I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.
Matthew 24:15-21; "So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,'spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house. Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.
2 Thessalonians 2:4; He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
12. Mahdi will institute Islamic Shariah Law world-wide; would include imposition of Hijra calendar.: Now we have seen that the Mahdi will change the law by instituting the Islamic Shariah law all over the earth. Islam however does have its own laws and its own calendar, both of which it would impose and become mandatory for all to observe. "It is considered a divine command to use a (Hijra) calendar with 12 (purely) lunar months without intercalation, as evident from.. the Holy Qur'an." Izzat and 'Arif, p.40
Daniel 7:25; He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time.
As you can see, the similarities are astounding. Islams tie-In with End-Time prophecies can be summed up with the question, "Given the rise in Islamic terrorism, are there scenarios that are now quite feasible which, if realized, would fulfill specific end-time prophecies? The answer is yes.
Prophecy #1: Hatred for Jews and Christians will intensify.
Revelation 12:1-6, 13-17
Possible Scenario #1: Modern day "Islamic rage" against Jews and Christians makes them vulnerable to overtures from anti-Christ wishing to exterminate both groups.
Prophecy #2: A 10-Nation European confederation will emerge, a "reconstituted" Roman Empire.
Revelation 12:3, Daniel 7:7, Daniel 7:24a
Possible Scenario #2: Two factors could galvanize this alliance of nations: Need for oil; Fear of Islamic terrorism.
Prophecy #3: Anti-Christ will broker a solution to a centuries old problem in the Middle East.
Possible Scenario #3: Rising tensions between Jews and radical Muslims creates a need for someone to broker peace.
Prophecy #4: The 10-nation European confederation will look to one powerful man to lead them.
Daniel 7:24b, Daniel 7:8, Revelation 13:1-4
Possible Scenario #4: Detonation of a nuclear device or Weapon of Mass Destruction in major U.S. or European city would create and openness to this "solution".
More by this Author
A very brief biography of Eusebius as well as an overview of chapters 8 and 10 of his work “The History of the Church from Christ to Constantine” and a look at the historical significance of this work and the impact...
Part 2 of a look at the Swiss reformer Ulrich Zwingli and how his education in humanism profoundly shaped his theological beliefs.
An overview of the Progressive Movement, Theodore Roosevelt and it's rise and fall in the early 20th century.