BobMonger profile image 60

Can a person consider themselves to be both Christian and Buddhist without compromising themselves?

In their purest form the teachings of both Buddha and Christ for virtuous living are identical. The great difference, as I see it, is Christ's teachings on the Kingdom of Heaven-a subject The Buddha did not delve into. As he was dying (as I understand the tale) Buddha's disciples asked him, "Teacher, you have taught us all we know about living in this world, but what is in the next?" To which the Buddha answered, "How can I teach what I do not know?" Was not Jesus the logical continuation of Universal Truth?

jlpark profile image92

Best Answer Jacqui (jlpark) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

Yeah true. Though, in the God thing - worshipping an 'idol' is just as bad apparently, even if they aren't considered a God. No one says that they have to combine completely...not all Buddhists follow all rules, nor all Christians.

WiccanSage profile image97

Mackenzie Sage Wright (WiccanSage) says

Penny G profile image79

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• BobMonger profile image

BobMonger 2 years ago

I'm a lay servant for the United Methodist church and as such I am also a follower of John Wesley and his teachings. So what, for you, is the big difference?

BobMonger profile image60

BobMonger says

Cruella Dville says

• BobMonger profile image

BobMonger 2 years ago

You have a very strange way of looking at life,the universe, and everything.