jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

USPS doesn't like atheists, godless shoe company concludes

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Well, sports fans. I generally avoid the R&P forums. But I just couldn't pass this one up.

USPS discriminates against atheists.

http://now.msn.com/atheist-shoes-says-u … t-atheists

Looks like the real deal to me.

I am neither following nor returning to this thread. You guys sort it out. big_smile

2. Shanna11 profile image92
    Shanna11posted 3 years ago

I think you're missing the point here, which is that those shoes are hideous. Omg I wouldn't be caught dead in those, even if I didn't believe in an afterlife...

And who names a shoe "KITTEN TESTICLE GREY" like for real, c'mon now....

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Here's the point...

"it (the shoe company) ran a test. It sent two packages to 89 people in 49 states. One package had Atheist tape, one didn't. Those marked "Atheist" took three days longer to arrive, on average, and were 10 times more likely to disappear altogether. No such bias occurred in Europe. "

1. Shanna11 profile image92
        Shanna11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

....That was a joke. I don't really want to comment on the story otherwise.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image88
        tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They don't like the shoes in Europe.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image88
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

If you tell the world what you have in a package you are more likely to have it stolen than if you don't.  They are being stolen by people who like the shoes.

4. jenniferrpovey profile image92
    jenniferrpoveyposted 3 years ago

More likely, the packing tape is confusing U.S. sorting machines, but not those in Europe. There are probably differences.

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

IMHO the only thing stranger than starting a thread and declaring you will never visit it again, is perpetuating that thread.

6. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

Who knew atheists wore different (specially made even) shoes?

I'm more in awe of the company in business solely for the unbelievers.  As far as I know, no one makes Christian shoes?

Otherwise, I don't think there's really anything special about this.

7. 0
    Emile Rposted 3 years ago

If the sorry is true, the packages appear to be prepared by someone with no shipping knowledge. They need to ship UPS, whose rules are much more lax. The local post office here probably wouldn't accept either package. The one with multiple atheist stickers looks suspicious to me. As would a package with the word Christian thrown across it multiple times. As if the person wrapping was unhinged. The other package doesn't Asher to USPS shipping guidelines either.