Prayer Requests

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (55 posts)
  1. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

It has been on my heart for a few weeks to start a thread like this.
    This is not a debate thread and though everyone (no matter their beliefs or lack thereof) is welcome to post their requests for prayer, we ask that everyone respect that this is not a debate thread.
    If you have needs, hurts, or joys to share, please feel free to post them here.
    Believers may offer you words of encouragement, or say nothing at all, but know that they are praying for you. Shalom.

1. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think this thread is a really good idea.

Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you to the folks who prayed for me. I took a different job than the one I was expecting, but in pretty much ever way, it's gonna be more beneficial. Thank the Lord and those who prayed for me.

1. Cat333 profile image61
          Cat333posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Glad it all worked out! May God continue to bless you!

2. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Please pray for Lybrah. She has been unfairly banned from Hubpages shortly after trying to defend herself on peeples hub--- about Christians having a persecution complex.

Oh no. What a shame. She seems like a really nice girl. I'm sure she'll be back before long.

I have a co-worker named Cheryl who was just diagnosed with uterine cancer. She has already beaten cervix cancer. She speaks very bravely about how she will fight it. They will remove her uterus, and then face chemo. My heart goes out to her. Please pray for her and her family as she is about to fight this great battle.

Praying for Cheryl and her family!

2. Cat333 profile image61

Sad. Thanks for letting us know. It seemed she was already having a rough time; will pray for her to be strengthened and encouraged.

2. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

I'll start. smile
    I believe my life is about to go through a big change and I have to find a new job with hours that some how (miraculously) enable me to pick up the kids after school. It's all very overwhelming, but my family's going to be dealing with a lot and I covet your prayers. Thank you dear ones. smile

1. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Just a reply supporting the thread, (as you are already on my prayer list).  wink

Thank you sir! smile

2. skye2day profile image67
        skye2dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Praying for you and yours sed me. IN the name of Jesus Christ! My love, skye2day

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The Bible tells us that Samuel grew with the favor of God and the favor of men.  I pray that you find favor with those who might hire you and you get the hours you need.

Thank you!

3. Doris Dancy profile image69
      Doris Dancyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I will be praying for you.  Remember that God is always in the midst of the storm, and He will never leave or forsake.  Speak your blessing as if it already were, and be blessed.

Thank you Doris. You have the gift of encouragement.

In agreement your job awaits you. God has supplied. The storm will come to a calm. Jesus so loves you and yours. He has you covered. Be not afraid. Let us know when your job starts. Love, Skye

4. Cat333 profile image61

Praying that our Father will give you exactly what you need! In Jesus' name. Amen.

That's encouraging, thank you Cat. I have an interview tomorrow. It would be a bit a leap from where I am now, but a job I think I would be good at. However, God's will be done. He knows what's best for me. A lot of things stand to change in my life right now. I am very grateful for your prayer. smile

5. profile image57
      Lynn77posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I will pray for you. I went through a similar situation. Its tough when you have to work around your kids. God will work it out for you. In fact I believe its already worked out! Thank you God for your provision!

Thank you so much. That's a good perspective.

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 9 years ago

Two lost souls came to our church service last night.  No one left lost.  wink

Wow, that's amazing. Praise God.

1. skye2day profile image67

Praise God He is so amazing love. God Bless you dear bro; sir dent. In Christ Jesus love ya brother. skye2day

4. profile image0

Received this in and email a few minutes ago.

sad
      Will do!

sed me In the precious name of Jesus I pray that the work you so need for your situation come your way. May our God quickly move on your behalf. I am in agreement  with you precious child of God. Your job and the perfect one is on the way. God understands your situation and He is our provision. May HIs favor shine on you and yours today and always. In Christ skye2day

Thank you for the encouragement, I really needed it. smile

This is a divine idea. I am absolutely on it in prayer for Sara. May God heal Sara through HIs divine touch. I ask that quickly Sara is delivered from her illness. In the name above all names Jesus Christ.

3. Cat333 profile image61

Praying!

5. profile image0
  6. profile image0

Copied facebook status of a dear friend of mine who lives in Columbus Ohio. 

Wow, that's awesome. Praise God!

2. Cat333 profile image61

Thanks for sharing this, Sir Dent!

3. skye2day profile image67

Awesome! I am so delighted for your friend. Praise God the great physician. He is worthy to be praised. He is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow. May He continue to build up your spiritual muscles for His work, cup running over! Keep your eyes on Jesus; the way truth and life. John 14:6
      My love in Christ Jesus, Shalom. skye2day

7. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Remember the ppl of West Africa in your prayers tonight. The outbreak of Ebola is hard to contain at this point and ppl are dying right and left.

A great researcher and doctor died about a month ago. He gave up his life for this cause, as have many doctors and nurses. The ppl of W.A. will not survive without medical professionals and the med. professionals keep dying. This is a horrifying event.

8. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Psalm 122:6
    "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! May they be secure who love you!"

“We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.” ~ Oswald Chambers

9. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

So it is on my heart to pray for the ppl of Iraq, if any one wants to join me.

Dear God,
    We humbly lift up to You, the ppl of Iraq, the Christians of Mosul, the Yazidi ppl, the ppl who have been tortured and killed by this evil group Isis. We pray for Your mighty hand to intervene and disarm the terrorists in every way. We pray for those that are hungry and thirsty, that you would provide sustenance. We pray for those who are grieving, that You would provide comfort. We pray for those afraid, that You would provide courage.

Lord God, we pray that Your perfect will will be done, in Your perfect timing. We pray for good to victor over evil. We pray safety for those countries providing support. May you bring beauty from ashes. May You be glorified and may Your children find rest... may Iraq and Israel as well... find peace. Thank You Father. In Jesus name.

Amen and amen!

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years ago

"I ask that all join me in praying for justice and enlightenment for all the the people involved in the shooting in Ferguson. And that the truth behind the motives of the police will be made known. And that the plight of blacks, wherever injustice is being inflicted, is rectified.
    Thank you, Dear God."

Amen

Dear God I pray our nation come back to you. You are the way truth and life. It will take a mighty miracle for this nation to wake up to truth. When we shut God out you allow us to do so. You are long suffering and for that we should be eternally grateful. Beloved Let us not take lightly the spiritual attack the enemy uses to draw any away from the truth. Children  of God we were born for a time as this. It is not the time to keep quiet or keep our head in the sand.  God be for us and not against us.  Stand on the rock for His name sake.  Jesus is on the throne. He is going to return not on a donkey as savior but on a stallion the great IAM, Lord of Lords and King of Kings. Do not be too late and deny Him. Today is the day of salvation. My love in the risen Christ Jesus. Shalom, skye 2day

11. Junaid Javed profile image61
    Junaid Javedposted 9 years ago

Hello everyone I m Junaid and i m new here. Good to see a community which try to help each other. I have a prayer request. Please pray for my dad. Hes having diabetes and last night his sugar level went to 410. Doctors urgently start his insulin injections. And this high level of sugar might effect his kidneys.
    So its a request please pray for him !!!

Stay Bless !

Prayed sir. I do hope he will find himself on the mend soon.

1. Junaid Javed profile image61
        Junaid Javedposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanx ....

God Bless You !!!

And you as well.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Get Dr. Fuhrman's books on nutrition and the value of micro-nutrients in the diet.
      http://www.amazon.com/The-End-Dieting-L … 0062249320

3. Cat333 profile image61

Praying!!

Beloved, praying for your dad and your family as well. In these days we live prayer is vital. I pray for your strength in this time and pray you stay focused on Jesus Christ and His promises. Thank God we are so blessed to have a Savior. He is the great IAM. There is nothing impossible with God. Stay in His word, dear brother. Share the good news. My love in Jesus. Shalom. skye2day.

12. skye2day profile image67
    skye2dayposted 9 years ago

Beloved friends. I am humble and come to you requesting prayer for my family. We desperately need funds into our household. I am on disability and a month ago had emergency surgery my gall bladder removed. It set me back but praise to God.  I am so much better. In the same time my husband who has arthritis came to the decision he could no longer work. The pain was too much and he felt others were in danger because he could hurt someone let alone himself. He has applied for disability. Unemployment is wondering why they should pay him. Please pray for favor for us and for a speedy expedite on funds. God please move quickly on our behalf.  Our rent is in rears. I feel anxious about it. I usually have more faith. I remind myself  via scripture, when we are faithless God is faithful. I am standing on the Rock and God promise never to leave us nor forsake us. Prayer helps so much and there is power in numbers. We may be out numbered but Children of God we are not out powered, Amen.

Please reply. My love and God Bless you . Leave a prayer request as well. You got to have one at least one in these days we live. So let us pray in agreement with you!  It is a very difficult time for many. Keep your eyes on Jesus, the way truth and life.   Hugs, skye2day

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Praying to the one who owns cattle on a thousand hills.

2. profile image57
      Lynn77posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Praying for you and your family. God will supply all of your needs!

3. Sed-me profile image79

May God provide for all your needs. Praying. smile

4. Cat333 profile image61

I just saw this prayer request, skye2day, which you posted weeks ago. I hope your situation has much improved since this time. I am in agreement with you and I ask that our Lord shower you with his provisions and blessings. In Jesus' name. Amen.

This is from Bible Gateway:

1330 God, the provider

God supplies the needs of all creation, but gives special care to his own people.

God is called “The Lord who provides”

Ge 22:13-14 The name “Yahweh Yireh” (or “Jehovah Jireh”) is from the verb “to see”, and means “The Lord foresees” or “The Lord will see to it”. See also Ge 22:8

God provides for the needs of all creation

He provides for the earth Ps 65:9-13 See also Dt 11:12,14-15; Ps 68:9; Ps 104:10-18; Ps 135:7; Ps 147:8; Eze 34:26-29

He provides for the animals Ps 145:16 See also Job 38:41; Ps 104:27-28; Ps 147:9; Mt 6:26 pp Lk 12:24

He provides for all people Ac 14:17 See also 1Ch 29:12; Ps 68:5; Ps 107:9; Mt 5:45; Ac 17:28

He provides for the poor and needy Ps 140:12 See also 1Sa 2:8; Ps 35:10; Ps 145:13-14; Ps 146:7-9; Isa 25:4

Special instances of God’s practical provision
      Food and water in the wilderness: Ex 16:13-18; Ex 17:3-6; Nu 11:4-9,31-32 God’s provision for Elijah: 1Ki 17:6,16; 1Ki 19:5-8
      2Ki 4:42-44 Elisha feeds 100 men from 20 barley loaves; Mt 14:15-21 pp Mk 6:35-44 pp Lk 9:12-17 pp Jn 6:5-13 Jesus Christ feeds 5,000; Mt 15:32-38 pp Mk 8:1-9 Jesus Christ feeds 4,000
      God’s special provision for his own people

He provides for their practical needs Php 4:19 See also Dt 2:7; Ps 68:10; Ps 111:5; Mt 6:25-33 pp Lk 12:22-31

He provides for their protection Ps 5:12 See also Ge 28:15; Dt 33:27; 1Sa 2:9; Ps 91:9-13; Ps 121:3-8; Isa 46:4; Php 4:7; 1Pe 1:5; Jude 24; Rev 3:10

He provides for their every need 2Pe 1:3 See also 1Co 3:21-23; Col 2:10

Examples of God’s provision for his people 2Sa 7:10 pp 1Ch 17:9 security in the promised land; Isa 61:3 consolation in grief; Jer 33:6-9 restoration from captivity; 1Co 10:13 a way of escape from temptation

Implications of God’s providential care

Freedom from worry Mt 6:31-33 pp Lk 12:29-31

Generosity Lk 6:38 See also 1Ch 29:14; 2Co 9:6-11; Php 4:18

Faithfulness Ro 2:4 See also Isa 5:1-7; Hos 10:1-2; Hos 11:1-4

5. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Can we please pray for all the atheists on this site?  This night has been one long parade of fools, (not you guys), but seriously, there is much adversity coming from these people, even from one who says she is a Christian (but I really don't know what she is).  So, please, pray that these people at least chill out and find peace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)