Freedom of religion

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

[2:194] And fight them until there is no persecution, and religion is freely professed for Allah. But if they desist, then remember that no hostility is allowed except against the aggressors.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=193

The words that i.e., and religion is professed for  Allah, would ,therefore, mean that Muslims should fight till profession of a faith is not influenced by the fear of men, but  that  whatever religion a man follows, he should follow it freely ,only for the sake of God, and not out of the fear of men. This borne out by the fact that Muhammad entered into a number of treaties of peace with Meccans disbelievers, which could have no justification if the divine commandment had been to continue fighting until all embraced Islam.

The object of Muhammad’s wars with Meccans- the aggressors and perpetuators of persecution, is clearly stated in the verses 22:40-42, which were the first verses that gave Muslims the permission to take up arms against Meccans- the disbelievers and the ideas has been further clarified  in 2:191-193.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But, if Muhammad did not push Islam onto the people, there would be no need for them to take up arms and start wars. Hence, it was Muhammad who started the wars. smile

2. kess profile image60
    kessposted 13 years ago

I can show you a better way.....

See no sin in no man..for if you create it for him you also create it for yourself.

If a man rises up against you and your God,,allow him for this is his day let him have it.

3. profile image49

The object of Muhammad’s wars with Meccans- the aggressors and perpetuators of persecution, is clearly stated in the verses 22:40-42, which were the first verses that gave Muslims the permission to take up arms against Meccans- the disbelievers and the ideas has been further clarified  in 2:191-193.

And, while history shows the Islamic Conquests as something completely different from your holy book, it does not preclude the millions who died as a result of those conquests.

No holy book of "peace" would ever offer "permission to take up arms" or condone wars.

Yes, I understand you believe you have the right to take up arms and engage in war as offered from your holy book, but that obviously does not offer a peaceful solution. smile

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Prophecies coming true. The children of Abraham leading us all to Armageddon...and not one thing anyone can do to stop it.

1. profile image49
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By accepting the Truth humanity would be saved, for sure.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
            Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By accepting Islam's version of the truth is what you really mean. But even then that would not work because the Shiites and Sunnis keep trying to kill each other.

1. profile image49

That is just politics; it has nothing to do with core religion or with Quran/Islam/Muhammad.

Politics it may be Paar, but every Muslim I've met keep telling me it's a religion of peace. Tell that to the Sunnis and Shiites.....

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                  Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And the Katholics an Proddies huh?
                  LOLOLO

This is why your religion causes so many wars.

sad

Bugger, I knew that was coming.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
                Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats pretty much what christians say when you point out all the different denominations and disagreements on the tenets of christianity.

Islam is no different. I've spoken to a few muslims and just like the christians I have met, they all disagree on different parts of islam.

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Ah, but Islam demands it guides all things in a Muslims life divinely, and that includes politics. No Muslim would ever make a political decision that would offend or transgress the core religion, the Quran/Islam/Muhammad.

2. profile image0
            just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes I agree with you. Humanity needs to accept the truth. Religions are bogus. They are overrated and unable to do anything but create strife. If you doubt, just look at the response to your religious OP. Way to point out the obvious paar. You ready to accept this truth?

1. profile image49
              1. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice clip job Paar, just to support your position, so as to show someone agrees with you.

You forgot the next statement- Religion is BOGUS!

The only truth is- there is no god watching over anyone. Learn to live with it.

1. profile image49

There is more to it Cagsil.

The only truth is- the Creator-God does exist and is watching over everyone. Learn to live with it, please.

You just never stop threatening people, do you. smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
                    Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Paar, it's nice to see you don't have the ability to understand the world around you or the knowledge humankind has already collected.

Good job. I hope you're happy with yourself. It's actually a disappointment to the rest of the world, that you cannot be honest with yourself and a detriment to others. I'm sure you cannot see that either, but figured I would point it out.

As for me denying the existence of a god. I don't. I cannot deny something that does not exist to begin with, except for what is in the imaginations of people like you.

You claim to understand a god, yet most likely, even your religion, tells you to obey and not question, but the actual truth really is that YOU nor anyone would ever be able to fathom what a god would be thinking or trying to convey, if one existed.

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
                    Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you learn to live with the Hindu god Vishnu being a fact and watching over you?

You shouldnt assert things as true unless you can demonstrate them to be true.

If you do that then you are one of two things. You are either deluded or you are a liar.

Im not being insulting either, I am being honest.

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I prefer freedom FROM religion myself. smile

1. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's funny big_smile

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aliens, older than life on earth, so highly advanced, it would blow your mind. They dictated the first five books, the ones credited to Moses. You ever try to explain something technical to a shepherd? This is their little terraforming/colonization experiment. Think of the galaxies as swirling groups of brain cells. And, Hate to be the bearer, Earnest...Freedom is an illusion. Responsibility and commitment negate freedom and free will.

5. profile image49

The object of Muhammad’s wars with Meccans- the aggressors and perpetuators of persecution, is clearly stated in the verses 22:40-42, which were the first verses that gave Muslims the permission to take up arms against Meccans- the disbelievers and the ideas has been further clarified  in 2:191-193. It was just to establish freedom of religion for everybody and right of co-existence for everybody.

Yes, Islam condones violence towards anyone who threatens it or does not accept it. That's why it is not a religion of peace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)