jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Why is perfection boring and imperfection beautiful?

1. 59
    lovelylovergirlposted 4 years ago

I like working hard, I always try strive to be my best. I feel like people say "perfection is boring" simply because they do not work hard or they are not good at something. I know it is considered "humble" to speak of your shortcomings and imperfections. Why should it make others feel validated or "good" about themselves by another person's perfections? I relating this especially to things like beauty and intelligence. Why does it make others feel "ok" with themselves if someone is who is incredibly intelligent but lacks in some area? Some days I wish a perfect person existed, just so some people could not find something wrong with them.

1. 0
      Peelander Gallyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Perfection is an impossible ideal created by and constantly striven for by the human mind. The children of extremely wealthy people often get hooked on drugs and/or kill themselves because they have nothing to work toward in life. There is no light without darkness, and if everything were somehow perfect no one would appreciate anything. Such a state could simply not exist. The way your questions are phrased doesn't really make sense, but being comfortable with all of your flaws and constantly trying to improve yourself is the definition of confidence and most of the definition of happiness.

2. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would recommend you write a hub about this topic. Add your profile pic and begin to share your words with the World. This is your 3rd post about a similar subject so write it.

1. 59
        lovelylovergirlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok thanks

1. AEvans profile image74
          AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

At least you can sign-up for all of the earning programs and get paid while you share. I would become a follower if you wrote your first hub. Don't forget to use pics and if you need help with that many of us can tell you where to get them for free. smile

3. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Look no further, I am here. Feel free to bask in my perfection. lol