jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Steven Gerrard or Cristiano Ronaldo?? Best midfielder in England!?

1. boberto profile image61
    bobertoposted 7 years ago

Who is the Best midfielder around???

I think it's safe to say the two midfielders stand out above the rest in the Premiership and Champions league in the last 2 seasons.
    You might like Ronaldo's flicks and dribbling or you might like Gerrards determination and Creativity - but who is the better of the two??

If both of these players left their current teams, i dont think anyone would disagree in saying that their teams would be nowhere near as good as they are at the moment. They both have such an influence in games and can change a game in a blink of an eye!!

Have your say:

In my opinion Ronaldo is World Class, but for me it is Gerrard all the way for what he does week in week out!!

2. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 7 years ago

I would have to say Gerrard, there is no doubting Ronaldo is world class, but there are parts of his temprament that annoy me; so I will agree with you!

3. C.Ferreira profile image82
    C.Ferreiraposted 7 years ago

I will always go with Ronaldo because I am Portuguese. He has so many skills its ridiculous. He does have ways to go though. He needs to smarten up and get some discipline, and he will be unstoppable.

Maybe the move to Real Madrid will make that happen. He's so fun to watch.

4. boberto profile image61
    bobertoposted 7 years ago

I do have to agree that Cristiano is amazing to watch, i could sit there for hours and watch him do his tricks!!

But he needs to grow up alot if he wants to be the greatest Footballer of all time!!

Zidane the greatest of all time???

5. sschilke profile image81
    sschilkeposted 7 years ago

I love Gerrard and the heart he plays with, but given the choice I would never chose him above Cristian Ronaldo.  Ronaldo for all of his idiocy is brilliant.  He is capable of things that Gerrard is not.  This is not to denigrate Gerrard, but Ronaldo is special.

6. C.Ferreira profile image82
    C.Ferreiraposted 7 years ago

Um to consider Zidane as the greatest of all time is crazy...

if we're gonna talk all time greatest footballer...

let us not forget Pele, or perhaps Ronaldinho.