jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (26 posts)

Traditionally...What is good about August = Football !

1. manlypoetryman profile image72
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

Yes...It's back! It won't be too much longer now. Get the reclining chair lined up in front of the big screen properly. Find your favorite big popcorn bowl...and tallest mug...Are ya' ready for sum' Football? big_smile  Dare anyone to make a decisive prediction for their team...So they can go on record...and we can all look back later in the season...and see how that prediction turned out. Here I'll start....the Houston Texans...will make it pass the first round of play-offs this year...after turning up the heat around mid-season...and losing the first three games of the season. (Not a hard prediction to make for my team hmm ) That's all I'm sticking my neck out with at this point.

What say you...about your team?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image81
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

my team finishes 3rd in AFC South another mediocre season and falls short of the playoffs.

manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The Breezzster...making the big prediction for the season. Alright DB...we'll see...we will surely see...how it plays out.

2. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

Oh, I am so ready for Football to begin. Especially NFL football.My favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys, but I just can't see them having the season I would love them to have.
    But for a prediction...I wrote a hub on that subject.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/NFL-Team-Ranks-2009-Predictions

is it just me or does Dallas need to upgrade their line?

1. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They do! And coaching needs to start placing fines on offensive penalties. Dallas has for years been horrid at the number of penalties they receive.

3. manlypoetryman profile image72

Alright...Michael. Way to make a stand for your team! Why did the first post have to be on Da' Boys?

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/wfaa/08-08/0827_boysst200.jpg

4. Eaglekiwi profile image72
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Go Steelers

http://soxanddawgs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nfl_g_steelerscelebration_576.jpg

Hubby would never forgive me if I dont show some support for his home state smile

5. Colebabie profile image62
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

How 'bout them Dolphins? wink I've had some great memories at that stadium.

And my college's team of course.

6. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago

I'm English, yet I still support it...

New England Patriots all the way mate...

They have England in the title tongue

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good call sir!

7. manlypoetryman profile image72

Then...the Steelers join in!

http://www.hockscqc.com/blogs/04-09/phillips_bum.jpg

We should've kicked that door down along time ago...as Oilers...back in the day. But that's another topic for another day...and still a hot one down in "H-town"...from time to time...believe it or not!?

Now...the Dolphins...are a team I've cheered for them before. (after my team went down in flames...in older times)

Welcome all fans! Bring your team...with their bad self(s). And all your team colors. Let's see who can back their team the best! It's going to be a great season!

8. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

God forbid...next they'll be talking about ice hockey...shudder smile

9. Colebabie profile image62
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

"Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest football team. We take the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen. We're in the air, we're on the ground, we're always in control. And when you say Miami, you're talking Super Bowl!''
    http://www.htzfm.com/files/htzfm/images/DolphinsCheerleadersButt.jpg
    I win wink

I may be a Texan Fan...but from here on in...i'm cheering for the Maimi Dolphins cheerleaders...also! smile smile smile smile

1. Colebabie profile image62
        Colebabieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And that's another Miami Dolphins FIRST DOWN! wink

2. goodfriendiam profile image61
      goodfriendiamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You mean Steelers , then will talk super bowl!!! wink

10. goodfriendiam profile image61
    goodfriendiamposted 7 years ago

Here we go Steelers, here we go! Steeler country all the way!!!! Can't let my home state down. wink

11. manlypoetryman profile image72

http://home.swbell.net/rwpassmo/Texans2.jpg

Go Team!

12. onthewriteside profile image73
    onthewritesideposted 7 years ago

Da' Browns will win 8 games this year, (and yes I know...that's asking a lot).  But hey, they are my team and always have been.  Unlike a lot of the NE Ohio "football fans" who jumped ship and hopped aboard the Steeler "fan" bandwagon, I have a faithfulness in my team...win or lose.

There are many "displaced" people from Pittsburgh in my town.  They came here for work...or looking for work.  I applaud them for remaining true to their home team.  But the unbelievable number of turn-coats in this area lately...and I'm talking about people who have probably never even been to Pittsburgh...who have been infiltrating our bars the last couple of seasons as "all -of-the-sudden Pittsburgh fans" has just made me sick.  They know nothing of loyalty, pride, or devotion.

The Browns have the largest "Backer" network of any team in the NFL, with multiple clubs in EVERY state in the country.  And yet, right here at home, we have a bunch of "Fair-Weather mo-fo's" who would rather wave the terrible towel than show some faith in their own team...simply because the Steel Curtain is having their day in the sun at the moment...again.

In Canton, Ohio, we are an hour away from Cleveland, an hour and a half away from Shitsburgh, a couple of hours from Detroit, and about 5 hours from Cincinnati.  Now if you were a "fair-weather" type, who would you root for? 

Considering that the Pittsburgh-Cleveland rivalry goes back to the early days of the AFC, and has been one of the most intense rivalries in this part of the country, I find it INCREDULOUS that so many of my fellow statesmen have decided to change their names to Benedict Arnold.

Anyway....thanks for letting me vent.  I have my Fantasy Drafts coming up over the next couple of weeks, and I'm looking forward to another great season of the best sport going!

Hey..OTWS. I can surely understand venting on your team's fair weather fans. It was good to hear an insider track to what goes on in the bleachers up there in O-Hi-o...from a fan perspective. And...we're holding you to your prediction:"Da' Browns will win 8 games this year". Good Luck (I'm staying nice...until we get underway...then it's every team and fan for themself!)

13. 61
    Steam711posted 7 years ago

Well I'm sure hoping the Browns can turn it around this year and be competitive.. I can at least hope right??

Who is going to be your QB?

I hear it is going to be Anderson making a bounce back after a bad year.

Yeah you can hope...yikes

1. 61
        Steam711posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think right now Anderson has the advantage. With the schedule they have they could even win a few games.

14. Drew Breezzy profile image81
    Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago

I feel a little better about my team but I see thursday if they can really compete.

15. Eaglekiwi profile image72
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Steelers play on Thursday night !! (Im up to my 3rd football lesson) And...and...and....

Tim drop dead gorgeous M'graw, will be featuring...ohhhhhhh yesssssss big_smile

working