jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Brett Favre is still a great quarterback

1. dohn121 profile image89
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

Forty-year old Brett Favre just defeated his old team, the Green Bay Packers 30-23.  The win makes him the first player in NFL history to defeat ALL 32 NFL teams.  He may be old, but has shown thus far that he's still GOT IT.  Him and the Minnesota Vikings are now 4-0 this season, joining the New York Giants, New Orleans Saints, Denver Broncos, and the Indianapolis Colts.

2. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Why did you say his name! Madden is gonna tackle you now! lol.

3. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

It was a great game tonight. Favre really looked good in this game.

4. dohn121 profile image89

Geez, I just learned that he threw his 472nd touchdown tonight!  He's probably gonna keep on playing until Peyton retires, just so he can keep all his records lol

5. blue dog profile image78
    blue dogposted 7 years ago

a natural born leader retains certain skills, regardless the age.  those skills, combined with his physical attributes, have always made him a pleasure to watch and a sight to behold, and for his opponents, a force to fear and respect.

go, brett!!!

6. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

Kind of a weird game.  On some of those throws he had a lot time and other times the GB defense seemed broken.  GB did a pretty good job on Peterson.

Favre, still has great arm strength and knows how to manage a game.  The Vikings seem like a contender.

7. Tom Cornett profile image62
    Tom Cornettposted 7 years ago

We watched the game....we have watched Favre for years...an amazing Quarterback.  He has beaten all 32 teams in his career...what an accomplishment! smile

8. dohn121 profile image89

I don't think anyone will accuse him of being a quitter.  He really wants another Super Bowl ring, no matter who he's playing for and still has all the tools to do so.  Green Bay left him for dead at the end of the NFC Championship game, so they shouldn't gripe about his decision to want to compete.  He never wanted to leave Green Bay in the first place.

I'll root for him up until he plays us again big_smile

9. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

Not that he hasn't done well so far this season, but I think that game said a lot more about what is wrong with the Packers than what is right about the Vikings. Also, people were talking the same way about Favre and the Jets about this time last season.