jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever collected autographs?

1. optimus grimlock profile image58
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

I did from age 8-28 since I live in south florida and we have spring training.

1. raisingme profile image88
      raisingmeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did in elementary school in, dare I say it, the early 60's

"Yours 'til the ocean wears rubber pants"

2. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 6 years ago

No not really, I never found celebrities to be all that. After all they are human and their signature on a piece of paper does not add value to my life.

3. JulesGerome profile image61
    JulesGeromeposted 6 years ago

4. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I got a few from 'lesser' celebrities but gave it up since not many come where I live and of those that do I wasn't interested in seeing that many and then of course those that I did see were hard to get close enough to in order to get an autograph.  hehehe  guess I'm sayin it just wasn't worth it!

5. raisingme profile image88
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

Oh, you mean celebrity autographs - no, we just exchanged them among us, I sign somebody's autograph book, they sign mine...and none of us ever became famous

Another one was - When you grow up and think you're sweet, take off your socks and smell your feet.

I kept my autograph book until three years ago...I just did a search - THEY ARE IN MUSEUMS NOW.....exit Jenafor, removing shoes and socks.....oh dear!

6. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Sure - During my baseball card days I enjoyed autographed stuff , made teh collection seem more personal.

My favorite autograph that i collected personally is from lennox lewis , one time Al Sharpton refused to give me an autograph - so we just filmed him instead.

I cant say the thought to ask has come into my mind since I was around 14 though.