jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Did you ever collect stamps, and if so do you still have your collection?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Did you ever collect stamps, and if so do you still have your collection?

Were you ever a stamp collector?  What did you think of the experience and what has come of your collection now?

2. ksknair profile image79
    ksknairposted 5 years ago

Yes. I did a lots of stamp collection when I was a kid. But the problem that I had faced that it was hard to know the worthiness of each and every stamp, I collected. There were few politically important stamp and a few with historic importance.

But as a kid, I never knew that. And during our travels and house shifting I have lost that book, which I am regretting now.

I know I won't be able to acquire that many stamps as I had done during my childhood. But yes, that will get replaced by some other hobby for sure.

3. lady rain profile image95
    lady rainposted 5 years ago

I started collecting stamps when I was about 8 years old. As I grew older, I collected more stamps. I have sold some of my ordinary collections and kept the very rare ones like earliest issues from different countries.

4. cheaptoys profile image61
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

yes I was when I was a kid. I would buy stamp sets from the bookstore. Fun but I grew out of it tho. The collection is sitting in my room somewhere!

5. profile image0
    Write to Inspireposted 5 years ago

Yes I still collect stamps but I'm adraid i'm a dying breed. there used to be stamp shows once a month around me, now I can't find any. i get a majority of my stamps from mail order. Wilton Stamps and Jamestown are the best.
    I use a H.E.Harris US stamp album but I'm always on the lookout for more.