jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Mixed Martial Arts

1. Praxiom1 profile image59
    Praxiom1posted 6 years ago

This sport is finally exploding.  What needs to happen to get main stream credibility?  I see a lot of positive things happening, like the MMA Live now on ESPN 2 and Harley and Bud being top sponsors, but traditional Martial Arts along with wrestling and boxing are practiced by millions of people, so where's all main stream support?

1. Origin profile image59
      Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it's continuously growing as more people watch it. I remember a decade ago when it was around (and banned in most states in USA) because it didn't really have too many rules, and people were getting really hurt. These days they imposed many more rules and it's finally becoming more mainstream.

1. Praxiom1 profile image59
        Praxiom1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is there a trigger when you can say that it finally IS mainstream, like baseball, football, or basketball?  For me, it's when the first guy gets a Nike sponsorship, and they put him in a commercial I see on prime time TV.  A line of Nike MMA apparel wouldn't hurt either.

2. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would like to see mma go back to the beginning.
      I've got some of the old fights.
      No holds barred!
      Ya fight until ya can't!
      I loved those days.....:-)

3. tbutcher6 profile image60
      tbutcher6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it is growing year over year. But you are right once a big sponsor jumps on board it will help light that fire.

2. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

they do have sports supplement sponsership bsn and muscletech. Your right nike or reebok needs to make a line for mma. duffee was knocked out by a sloppy guy wonder what muscletech thinks of that?