jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

Whats Your Favorite Bass Fishing Tactic?

1. 62
    fishingspoonsposted 6 years ago

How do you fish for Bass?  Do you take them on fly tackle, or trolling in a pond. Etc. I'm looking for ideas to try, as I usually fly fish in streams near my home.

1. Sab Oh profile image60
      Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Drinking lots of beer is my best fishing tactic.

2. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 6 years ago

In streams I usaually catch grasshoppers or crickets along the bank- put a lead pincher on the line about two and a half feet up from the hook and toss em in there. They can't resist a kicking hopper a couple feet off the bottom.

In the lakes I cast and reel along shore lines or reeds.

a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

3. MnTed profile image57
    MnTedposted 6 years ago

Topwater baits for smallmouth bass is my favorite way of fishing. It is tough to beat for excitement when they hit a topwater bass lure. Second favorite would be scum frogs in the pads for largemouth.

4. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

The Very Best fishing tool that gives 100% every time is my Zebra Lead Spinner.

I must have caught well over 500 good sized fish with this lure.
    I don't waste my time catching worms or crickets or other stuff like that... you're there to fish.. not to run around with a jar trying to find bait.

Maybe I should do a pro bass tour circut and show you guys how the Kiwis catch lunkers? hmm

5. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I wrote 2 hubs about my favorite fishing method. Actually.

But it is the best way to catch them

Using plastic worms in ponds and in lakes, with the right method its the best.

6. pylos26 profile image76
    pylos26posted 6 years ago

Fishing Wrote:  Whats Your Favorite Bass Fishing Tactic?

I've heard that dynamite does very well.

7. Jazzy-ray profile image60
    Jazzy-rayposted 5 years ago

My favorite way has been rigging up a live baitfish, preferablly what's natural in the area I'm fishing. Most of the time it's a small bluegill. Toss it near where you think they'd be a bass stationed. And BOOM! Its kinda easy and takes less time to catch one.
    I also prefer a finesse bait like a shakyhead, but it involves some waiting. First time I tried it, something larger than the average bass hit it and broke the line. Thinkin it might be a carp?
    Now in a creek I would use some type of insect prey such as a grasshopper or a worm. Although a small shad rigged through the eyes may also work.

8. 0
    Pezzyposted 5 years ago

Using a cream colored worm and "walking" the worm on the surface across open areas and across pads.

9. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 5 years ago

Using a shine worm, skipping across the top. Make sure he sees that silver shine.

10. 0
    just_curiousposted 5 years ago

Nothing beats a June Bug lizard.  At least in our area.  I've used it in ponds, lakes and floating down the river.  If the bass are biting they'll hit on it.

11. Apepperson profile image59
    Apeppersonposted 5 years ago

A wire ran from my alternator on my boat into shallow water. Those green carp will be jumping in the boat!

Srsly, live bait beats lures every time! I prefer either live Shad or small Sunfish.