jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are your favorite fishing spots in the area you live?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image87
    oceansnsunsetsposted 6 years ago

What are your favorite fishing spots in the area you live?

2. christianajohan profile image56
    christianajohanposted 6 years ago

I am in Philippines so I could say that the best place is near the seashore but not far from the deeper part.

I caught a big snapper fish once.

Thanks to this question.

3. Gone Fishin Club profile image75
    Gone Fishin Clubposted 6 years ago

I have several locale private lakes I fish in my area. I also like to fish Lake Lanier, Lake Sinclair, Lake Oconee all within an hour and a half from my home. Fort Yargo is a local lake I fish sometimes. Santee Cooper lakes in South Carolina are high on my list of favorite lakes to fish. If you want to find out more about my fishing read my hubpages and join www.GoneFishinClub.com Thanks for your question. Gary

4. badegg profile image78
    badeggposted 6 years ago

Where I live now, in the rural Appalachians, I find a lot of streams and creeks that are abundant with trout, catfish and small bass. When I lived in the Midwest, I found a lot of farm ponds that were virtually untouched and had an abundance of large bass and catfish free for the taking.

5. profile image61
    Edwin Brownposted 6 years ago

For trout fishing, I am fond of the Crooked River in Central Oregon.  The fish are abundant and can reach several pounds in size.  I prefer to use bait, like caddis larvae and nightcrawlers and crawdad tails.  All of these work well.

For people who like to fly fish, the Crooked River is good most of spring through fall seasons.  The scenery is fantastic, with lava buttes forming the canyon edges.  Desert trees like juniper and some ponderosa are found along the river and on the slopes.  Eagles, chukars, mule deer, coyotes and rattlesnakes can be seen if you can take your eyes off the river.

6. Highvoltagewriter profile image83
    Highvoltagewriterposted 6 years ago

I live close to the Saint John's River and I like to fish close to Mayport in Jacksonville. Most of the river is very polluted, though!

7. Rolly A Chabot profile image87
    Rolly A Chabotposted 6 years ago

The mighty Bow River running through Calgary Alberta. Considered to be a world class trout fishery and estimated to have 2000 fish per river mile. I do a 13 drift down this river when I ever I get the chance. It is basically oit my back door and part of what I call my playground.

working