How to Wear Velvet
Velvet has become a must-have fashion trend for every glamour girl's closet. Colored velvet is especially hot and a fantastic fabric to mix and match your outfits with. There's no doubt that velvet is a gorgeous fabric; however there are right and wrong ways to wear it!Velvet itself has such a luxurious feel, and looks expensive, which can quickly enhance any plain outfit.
Here are some do's and don'ts to follow for How to Wear Velvet:
* Don't wear velvet head to toe. Be a minimalist with your velvet!
* Do wear velvet shoes. Jeweled colored velvet flats are extremely hot right now.
* Do layer on the accessories! The fabric is a rich, luxe fabric: add onto that with fabulous costume jewelry.
* Don't wear over-tight velvet pants. The crushed velvet *will* show everything.
* Do use low-key and contrasting fabrics when mixing with velvet.
* Do try faux-velvet when shopping on a budget.
Wear Velvet Dresses
Velvet dresses are the easiest way to wear velvet. I love a velvet dress for autumn and winter seasons. The rich fabric sets the tone for a wintery background and is heavy so it's fairly warm.
Try to stay away from matronly style velvet dresses. Keep the look fresh by showing a little skin and pairing the dress with some modern accessories. Brighten up the look by choosing light colored accessories to offset the heavy velvet.
* Be sure the fit of the velvet dress is just right; there's nothing worse than an ill-fitting bulky dress.
More Velvet Tips!
Outfit Ideas for wearing a velvet top:
* Pair a light grey velvet top with some jeans and a cardigan. You'll tone down the velvet and make it appropriate for "every-day".
* Wear a velvet top underneath a suit or blazer and pair some it with some slacks. The outfit is now appropriate for work.
* Try a velvet tank with a sleek pencil skirt in a bright color. It would look sexy mixing sleek lines with some rich fabrics.
Get Your Own Velvet Pieces
Every woman needs to invest in a velvet blazer. It is a fabulous way to look classy and fashionable while still looking put-together. I like to wear my blazer with everything, so I work hard to dress it up and down. I love to wear my black velvet blazer with crisp white shirts for a fancier look. I also pair it with a light colored skirt or dress for night-time.
To dress down the look of a velvet blazer, I love to wear t-shirts. One of my favorite looks to wear is my olive velvet blazer with my cute kitson t-shirts. I also pair it with light colored jeans and some casual boots to dress the look down.
Mix In Velvet Accessories!
One of the most luxurious things I think a woman can own are velvet accessories. It's a fab way to incorporate velvet into your every day looks without having to pull out a huge velvet gown. I personally don't own velvet gloves, but I am IN LOVE with my velvet bag. It adds a touch of elegance to every outfit whenever I carry it.
If you're not ready to commit to a large velvet piece, go for a velvet accessory. Some great ideas are hats, belts, scarves, handbags and shoes. There's nothing sexier than a high pair of velvet heels.
Get Your Own Velvet Items!
Links to More Fashion Trends & Tips!
More by this Author
I've been wanting to write this article for some time now, but it's taken me a while to scour the internet for the most amazing prom dresses ever! When I went to my junior and senior proms, I have to admit, my dresses...
I know every woman in this country, in this world for that matter are many different shapes and sizes. Considering this, wouldn't it make sense for bathing suits to accommodate to all sizes and shapes as well? If...
Exercises and diets for a bigger butt in three weeks, with different plans for people who tend to gain weight in different parts of the body.