How to Wear Velvet
Velvet has become a must-have fashion trend for every glamour girl's closet. Colored velvet is especially hot and a fantastic fabric to mix and match your outfits with. There's no doubt that velvet is a gorgeous fabric; however there are right and wrong ways to wear it!Velvet itself has such a luxurious feel, and looks expensive, which can quickly enhance any plain outfit.
Here are some do's and don'ts to follow for How to Wear Velvet:
* Don't wear velvet head to toe. Be a minimalist with your velvet!
* Do wear velvet shoes. Jeweled colored velvet flats are extremely hot right now.
* Do layer on the accessories! The fabric is a rich, luxe fabric: add onto that with fabulous costume jewelry.
* Don't wear over-tight velvet pants. The crushed velvet *will* show everything.
* Do use low-key and contrasting fabrics when mixing with velvet.
* Do try faux-velvet when shopping on a budget.
Wear Velvet Dresses
Velvet dresses are the easiest way to wear velvet. I love a velvet dress for autumn and winter seasons. The rich fabric sets the tone for a wintery background and is heavy so it's fairly warm.
Try to stay away from matronly style velvet dresses. Keep the look fresh by showing a little skin and pairing the dress with some modern accessories. Brighten up the look by choosing light colored accessories to offset the heavy velvet.
* Be sure the fit of the velvet dress is just right; there's nothing worse than an ill-fitting bulky dress.
More Velvet Tips!
Outfit Ideas for wearing a velvet top:
* Pair a light grey velvet top with some jeans and a cardigan. You'll tone down the velvet and make it appropriate for "every-day".
* Wear a velvet top underneath a suit or blazer and pair some it with some slacks. The outfit is now appropriate for work.
* Try a velvet tank with a sleek pencil skirt in a bright color. It would look sexy mixing sleek lines with some rich fabrics.
Get Your Own Velvet Pieces
Every woman needs to invest in a velvet blazer. It is a fabulous way to look classy and fashionable while still looking put-together. I like to wear my blazer with everything, so I work hard to dress it up and down. I love to wear my black velvet blazer with crisp white shirts for a fancier look. I also pair it with a light colored skirt or dress for night-time.
To dress down the look of a velvet blazer, I love to wear t-shirts. One of my favorite looks to wear is my olive velvet blazer with my cute kitson t-shirts. I also pair it with light colored jeans and some casual boots to dress the look down.
Mix In Velvet Accessories!
One of the most luxurious things I think a woman can own are velvet accessories. It's a fab way to incorporate velvet into your every day looks without having to pull out a huge velvet gown. I personally don't own velvet gloves, but I am IN LOVE with my velvet bag. It adds a touch of elegance to every outfit whenever I carry it.
If you're not ready to commit to a large velvet piece, go for a velvet accessory. Some great ideas are hats, belts, scarves, handbags and shoes. There's nothing sexier than a high pair of velvet heels.
Get Your Own Velvet Items!
Links to More Fashion Trends & Tips!
More by this Author
What an anniversary. My 100th hub! I always knew I'd do something extra fabulous for my 100th hub and it only made sense that it would be about fashion. I mean, what else *could* it be? I thought about doing different...
Amazing, unique swimsuits for the fashion-forward woman heading to the beach.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE123
Exercises and diets for a bigger butt in three weeks, with different plans for people who tend to gain weight in different parts of the body.