How to Choose My App Folder-Games and Applications- on the LG Rumor Touch (Virgin Mobile and Sprint)
In one word:
Now that you have learned to install 3rd party apps on the LG Rumor Touch from Virgin Mobile (see my blog on the subject), you may end up having the problem of an over cluttered APPLICATIONS folder.
I sure did. It was like pulling teeth to have to scroll through my list of 20 plus apps and games to find the one I wanted to load.
You may have notice *wink*, but many of the applications are actually games.
There is a GAMES folder on the phone, but I could not figure out how to get the games to install to the GAMES folder for the longest time.
The apps always installed to the APPLICATIONS folder and cluttered it more and more over time.
Today, I solved the problem.
Listen and learn!
Assumptions for this Tutorial
- You know how to install apps on the LG Rumor Touch
- You know that you have to have both the JAR and JAD files for installation
- You have WordPad access (preferred program [usually can be found in Windows by going to START menu and then to the ACCESSORIES folder in PROGRAMS, but any text editor will do).
Get it done!
- Open JAD file in WORDPAD (important to use this program if possible, but any text editor will work).
- Add a line of code "Content-Folder: Games" without the quotes.
- Save the file --- Go ahead and overwrite the old file name.
- Now test it. Install an LG Rumor Touch app like normal, and if you should now find the app available in your GAMES folder instead of your APPLICATIONS folder.
- This is a very handy way to save space and to organize what apps you have on the LG Rumor Touch. I am not aware of any other sorting options other than Games/Applications.
Most problems you might encounter during this process should be able to be solved by MAKING sure that the app installs before you change the code. If you change the code before testing the app for install readiness, then you take away the ability to make sure it was not the code that screwed up the installation.
The code should not cause problems, however, but you will want to make sure that the JAD file is already correctly configured. Install original JAD/JAR pair first, then erase, and then reinstall with the added code.
Other Rumor Touch Hacks
- My App Won't Install on My LG Rumor Touch-How to Fix the JAD File
In short: MY APP WON'T INSTALL You may be one who has received an error message saying that "it [the app] cannot install from memory card". Or You may be one whose phone abruptly restarted after the...
- Java Apps and Games on My LG Rumor Touch-The Favs
Last week, the app outlook of my LG Rumor Touch was quite grim. Two days ago, this changed. This hub will look at some of the apps that made the cut, and I've put on my phone. I've included photos as...
- Virgin Mobile LG Rumor Touch-How to Use Images from ...
Virgin Mobile's LG Rumor Touch is locked down when it comes to ringtones, wallpaper, apps, etc. in order to encourage the owner to buy from Virgin Mobile. This is a tutorial on how to
- LG Rumor Touch - Get Your Free MP3 Ringtones on You...
Those of us who own LG Rumor Touch phones, especially those who own them through Virgin Mobile ask all over the internet how to get free ringtones and message tones. This is the answer. Learn the simple way step by step today!
- Read Ebooks on Your Virgin Mobile LG Rumor Touch
Read ebooks on your LG Rumor Touch using Bookworm online service and the EPUB document format.
- Install Non-Virgin Mobile Java Apps on LG Rumor Touch Free!
Well folks, the geniuses over at Howard Forums have solved the Rumor Touch Java App install problem. Check it out-Get the Skinny Here or Get the links to "there". Peace.
More by this Author
- 0How to Contact VerizonWireless about your Verizon Wireless Service- Phone Numbers, Addresses, and Forums
VerizonWireless is probably the one Verizon service you are most familiar with. Contacting companies can be a pain- Get all your addresses, numbers, and other helpful locations at Verizon here.
Your LG Rumor Touch from Virgin Mobile or Sprint can get free ringtones and message tones. Learn how to download and install them step by step.
Magic the Gathering on your Android mobile phone or on your Android tablet. MTG expands in Android Market. Get your Magic the Gathering game on with these apps designed to up your game.