Windows Hibernate Shortcuts: How to Create a Quick Hibernate Shortcuts in Windows XP?
Hibernate is a special form of shutdown in which it saves an image of your desktop with all open files and documents into the hard disk and then it powers down your computer. When the computer or the laptop is resumed form hibernation, the computer reads the saved state data and restores the system to the same state. The Hibernate function in Windows XP Professional can make the batteries in your laptop computer last longer.The Hibernate function in Windows XP Professional can make the batteries in your laptop computer last longer. This page contains information by which you can easily create a quick hibernate shortcuts in Windows XP.
Steps to create a quick hibernate shortcuts for Windows XP
Follow the following Steps to create a quick hibernate shortcuts for Windows XP:
Step 1: Creating a new shortcut
Right click on the blank space of your computer desktop and select New and then select Shortcut.
Step 2: Writing down the hibernate program
The Create Shortcut wizard window will be appeared and you will see a text box with the heading on it like Type the location of the item. Now type the following line command in the text box
SHUTDOWN -h -t 01
And click on Next button.
Step 3: Naming the program
You will see Select a Title for the Program wizard Window will be appeared. Give a name of the program as QuickHibernate in the field Type a name for this shortcut.. At last, click on the Finish button.
Step 4: Changing the icon of the program
You will see a desktop icon named as QuickHibernate or QuickHibernate.exe. Now do the followings:
- Right-click on the QuickHibernate or QuickHibernate.exe icon.
- Select Properties option.
- QuickHibernate Properties window will be appeared and click on Change Icon button.
- You will find a Change Icon warning message like The file %windir%\system32\SHUTDOWN.exe contains no icons. Choose an icon from the list or specify a different file. Just ignore the message and click on OK button.
- Now, Change Icon window will be opened and choose any icon form the icons and select the icon and click on OK button.
- Now, click on OK button of QuickHibernate Properties to apply the changes you made.
You will see that the program icon has been changed.
By following the above steps, you can easily create a quick Hibernate shortcut in Windows XP.
© Written by rancidTaste
Windows XP tips
More by this Author
Most of the IT farm's job interview or written exam has at least one question regarding OSI or TCP/IP model. Some questions of this topic are presented here with very concise answers. All these questions are very...
A list of default usernames and passwords for CISCO routers.
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...
No comments yet.