jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

1. Boulism profile image91
    Boulismposted 3 years ago

I've been using Pinterst for a couple of weeks now, but I don't seem to attract any followers.  Any advice you can share would be appreciated.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 3 years ago

Pics of puppies do really well! Seriously.

3. Kimberly Vaughn profile image85
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 3 years ago

It takes a while to attract followers on pinterest. I think most of mine have come from my extensive recipe pinning.

4. Arielqiao profile image61
    Arielqiaoposted 3 years ago

I also want to know the answer. Maybe my pictures in my articles aren't so attractive to other people.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

Pin images often and do the same for others whose images you like. Most of my social visits come from here as compared to Facebook and Twitter combined.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image94
    Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years ago

Be social. Check out other people's stuff and like, comment and re-pin. People will tend to check out your stuff when they see you've been looking at theirs. Have a nice mix of links to your own stuff and interesting other stuff.

7. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

I get a lot of followers. Here's what I do. I just use the site the way it is meant to be used - as a source of inspiration.   I follow a lot of boards and repin a lot of pictures of ideas that appeal to me.  Sure, once in a while I might pin a hub or a blog post, but mostly, I just pin stuff into specific folders that appeal to me, and since I pin a lot of stuff, some of that stuff will probably appeal to someone else.

Choose things that appeal to you, and make sure you pin your images to the right boards.  You don't want to inundate someone with stuff that doesn't interest them.  Instead of having a board called 'My hubs" for example, have boards that relate to the topic of your hubs, and be sure to pin other stuff in it so it doesn't look like you are spamming.

Here is a learning center article on Pinterest.
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/HubP … -Pinterest

8. Boulism profile image91
    Boulismposted 3 years ago

Very helpful Millonaire, but my issue is that I think I am doing what you are suggesting.  Sure, I pin my hubs, but I've also pinned hundreds of other pictures that I think are eye-catching and interesting.  I've made comments, I hit like etc.  I've got 3 followers.  This is frustrating because I've put in 10-15 minutes a day for the past two weeks.  Seems like a lot of work for very little outcome.  I guess I'll keep trying! Thanks for the reply!

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
      DrMark1961posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have been on Pinterest about 6 months and am just up to about 1000 page views (on my hubs) so it seems to take a long time to get started. Most of my pages are about dogs and geese so to start I searched those terms and followed a lot of other people. Some of them followed my boards too, and some would stop by and follow just one board (like dog health).
      I agree with you that it does take a lot of time for very few results at the beginning. Just keep pinning and following others.

2. DrMark1961 profile image92
      DrMark1961posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just checked out your boards. You might try adding a board just about Parakeets, and add some of your great photos. That will draw some eyes.

1. Boulism profile image91
        Boulismposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for looking and for the advice!

9. Samith Jhon profile image80
    Samith Jhonposted 3 years ago

I recently join the pinterest and i get 90+ followers in 7 days just repin the famous Pics and make the attractive board name and be active on this social network.