jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Duplicate content question,,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Let's see if any of the SEO experts knows the answer to this! smile

Lets say you make a 400 word article. It has 4 pictures in it, and each one links to a sponsor.

You then make 4 more articles about the same subject. You use totally different text, but use the same 4 pictures from the same URL and the same sponsor.

With all the url folders, picture name and sponsor link, the characters for the 4 pictures could be just as much as the 400 words.

Soooo, would Google see those as duplicate, even though the actually word text is totally different? Or maybe see it as partially duplicate?

Or would it not care about the pictures and link and see them each as 100% original content?  hmm

2. wildorangeflower profile image62
    wildorangeflowerposted 6 years ago

I will learn from this post if somebody will answer this one, I just read about andromida's hub about google images and I learned a lot from it too.

3. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I don't think anyone has a clear answer to this one. I have many blog post like this across several websites. They all seem to do ok, but only ok.

Not sure if it's because of the pictures and links keeping them down or what. I do know that using the same URL picture on different sites makes it rank higher in Google images.

4. Peter Hoggan profile image84
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

I don't know if what you are describing would constitufe duplicate content. However, you can camouflage the URLs you are concerned about by using url shortening services like bit.ly. You should then end up with totally unique pages.