Suggest me an economical DSLR

1. PBR profile image60
    PBRposted 5 years ago

Can anyone suggest me an economical DSLR, that will take high quality pictures??

2. AndroidSuperFan profile image60
    AndroidSuperFanposted 5 years ago

DSLRs have come a very long way the last few years. Unless you are a professional photographer, you won't notice much of a difference in photo quality or even in number of settings.
    The tech on the camera body will improve more quickly and trickle down to the entry level cameras. Lens technology doesn't change as rapidly and the tech doesn't trickle down as well.
    Your best bet is to go economical on the body and invest your money into a really nice wide angle lens. That way, as you grow as a photographer, you can upgrade the body as your skill and the tech advances. The lens will last a lifetime. Search around for something that was mid-grade last year. It will be the same tech as the entry level cameras from this year, but less money. Find something lightly used and you'll save even more.
    You don't need to spend a ton if you also get a telephoto lens; they're fun to play with, but you'll find that you'll use the wide angle much more frequently. Reverse what I said if you are focusing on sports or wildlife.