jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Great Local Spots

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite local getaway?  Kitsch Rte 66 style "world's largest?" Great local bar or pub? Cute little B&B? Weekend retreat?  I love to travel "off the books".  The first thing I usually do in a new town is ask the cabbie for his favorite restaurant, or even pop into a local firehouse to find out where those guys and gals think I should go.  I've always wanted to make a list of where I should visit when I get a chance to travel again... maybe even a hub someday?  smile  What's your town's best kept secret?

2. Betty Reid profile image59
    Betty Reidposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure it's a secret, but Fredericksburg, just west of Austin is a good, quick getaway - many B&B's to choose from, close to a number of wineries with wine tasting, some food, and great scenery.

3. 60
    R13Umsteadposted 6 years ago

For me one of the most enjoyable places I've been is Massanutten, Va..it's in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. Scenery is great and a pretty relaxing place.

4. ecobard profile image59
    ecobardposted 6 years ago

This is my favourite spot in the world. I travelled here 2 years ago to find out why it was in threat. I have been here ever since, trying to stop Tasmania being destroyed. See here:> http://hubpages.com/hub/awormintheapple

5. 0
    Denno66posted 6 years ago

A great little pub I enjoy is King Eider's Pub in Damariscotta, Maine. The people there are wonderful and the food is incomparable!