jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

GRRRRRRRR I Hate Travel Agents

1. jimmythejock profile image81
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

Due to a Mix up my family and I are missing out on our vacation to Bulgaria this year, the mix up the fault of the travel agent I must add due to over booking, They did offer us an alternative which was unacceptable to us, not only was the alternative not suitable for the children but it was £1600.00 more,or if it were American money $3200.00,  than our original deal, they were willing to pay half of the extra if we paid the rest. no deal as you would probably agree.
    instead we went to a different agents and booked a week in LORETTE DE MAR in Spain for the same time.
    I hate travel agents.....jimmy

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Jimmy - that sucks.
    I hate them too.
    Enjoy your trip to Spain. smile

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I feel for you Jimmy. sad

Because of such incidents I mostly book my vacations myself for a long time already. It's really not that hard nowadays, Internet helps a lot...

4. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Blows, sorry to hear it but those agents have no training at all. =\

5. Junkster profile image62
    Junksterposted 8 years ago

That sucks a bit.  I tend to arrange holidays all myself now but even that takes a long time to get a good deal.

Lorette de mar is a good place though, good for families I used to play i na basketball tournament a few years back in high school.  Nice place

6. rutheena profile image60
    rutheenaposted 8 years ago

Yeah, it sucks. I have just experience the same yesterday. Ohh, it really sucks!!

7. sceptic profile image60
    scepticposted 8 years ago

Hi Jimmy,

I have been in the travel industry for 12 years and I have also managed a travel agency, I can't believe that they made you pay more if it was their mistake!!!! I am so sorry to hear that, if I was that agent I would've taken the loss and thrown in some extras on top of that!

I have to say though that I do like Spain better then Bulgaria.

You should make an official complaint, I'm sure that you must have a higher authority that monitors the travel industry. I'm currently in New Zealand and if that would've happened here and someone laid a complaint it would've been reported and the agency would've been fined.

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

1. thranax profile image58
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I wish everyone did that...

2. quicksand profile image84
      quicksandposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The problem is caused by exposing inexperienced staff to customers. When we ask why, they say that these guys need to be trained. Of course, but certainly not at the passengers' risk. This problem is common amongst breakaway groups forming their own businesses and employing staff for low remuneration, with a view to giving the customer cut priced tours.

8. topstuff profile image61
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

This hatred is appreciable.

1. thranax profile image58
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think no matter where you go, there is a travel agent messing up.