jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Fish Rearing and Production as a Source of Income and High-Quality Protein

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Fish Rearing and Production as a Source of Income and High-Quality Protein

I want to Rear and Produce Fish on a 40 feet x 80 feet plot for commercial purposes. I seek information on diet, breeding, breeds, water, types of ponds/housing, filtration and means to recycle water, fish marketing, returns per year, etc.

2. profile image47
    Iceberg2posted 8 years ago

I was also interested to start a farm house, when i was in India. So i did some preliminary data collection on this subject. If you are in India you can get a government rebate of upto 50% on your fish pond building cost and its better to start a fisheries on 1 hector land and also do poultry farming along side. You should contact the fisheries department of your area for more information on this subject matter.

3. Nolapete profile image84
    Nolapeteposted 7 years ago

While I can't provide details on your specific plot, I can tell you that you should investigate aquaponics.  Aquaponics is the combination of aquaculture and hydroponics.  The culture of fish, aquaculture, produces waste that normally needs to be filtered out and dealt with through water exchange.  Aquaponics uses the waste much in the same way that hydroponics does with chemical fertilizer.  The fish waste fertilizes and feeds the plants which in turn filters the water for the fish.  This dual purpose setup is much more efficient and lessens the work load of keeping the fish water clean.  It increases profits by providing both fish and produce from the same plot.

4. Craig Miles profile image60
    Craig Milesposted 4 years ago

The best solution is aquaponics systems, it is a new technique of gardening in which Hydroponics (which is plants in water media or semisolid soil) mixed with Aquaculture (which is raising aquatic animals in aquariums or fish tanks) to give a new system that gathers the advantages of both systems and avoid many of their drawbacks.
    Hydroponics problem is the high cost of nutrients and fertilizers needed for the plants to grow up, while Aquaculture problem is the high consumption of water, as you need to change the fish water every three days because the fish waste reach a toxic level to the fish if it is delayed beyond that, also you have a problem in discarding this water as it is a strong source of pollution.
    Aquaponics systems solved all these problems, as the fish water is pumped to the grow bed where the plants utilize the fish waste as nutrient and fertilizer and the water return back to the fish tank after being purified, so you will have the minimal water consumption and you will not need to spend money to buy fertilizers and nutrients for the plants.
    Aquaponics is a very good sustainable organic food source that is very cost  efficient and profitable, it is very easy to set up and does not require a large area or space, you can do it in your backyard, unused room or even in your basement.
    Aquaponics system will give you healthy organic vegetables plus fresh healthy fish, this will save you a lot of money and help you have natural healthy diet.
    So, if you are looking for a good source of income, Aquaponics is a perfect choice as organic food is very expensive and easy to sell anywhere and anytime. Concerning the high quality protein, Aquaponics system gives you fresh healthy fish that is the best source of protein and also you can sell it and make a good profit.
    I you want to know more about Aquaponics systems and how to do it step by step and contact people that will give you the best advice, Just visit The aquaponics systems website